Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 10:37 AM Last edited by jezzfrompleasantview : 19th Jan 2018 at 6:18 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [SOLVED]Blank error message since latest windows update
I have the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, so no CD's or DVD's, on a Windows 10 PC. I have had a lot of problems with my game crashing, so I have installed the 4GB Patch and used less CC what kind of helped but I now have a new problem: The game doesn't start. I played yesterday and when I wanted to turn off the computer I was informed that it (=Windows) would install a new update. Nothing new and I never had problems with updates. But when I tried to start the game today, after the update has sucessfully been installed, it would only show a blank error message when trying to start the game.

I found some older threads with the same problem (but not after an update) but no solution. I read the Game FAQ or however it's called, but the game wouldn't start even if I'd taken out the Downloads or all the User Data. I want to know if there's more options before reinstalling (or did I miss something from the FAQ?). Here's more information about the PC.

CPU: 3.70 GHz
RAM: 8,00 GB (7,19 GB usable)
Disc Drive: 24x CD Rom/ DVD Drive
HDD: 843 GB free
Video/Sound: DirectX 11 compatible
Videocard: Radeon HD 8370D
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 11:14 AM
Just to check, you did delete your groups.cache first, right?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Just to check, you did delete your groups.cache first, right?

Yeah, I did. But I was unpatient and already reinstalled and it worked so this problem is pretty much solved