Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 6:16 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Open for Business
Default Part 2: How do I add sounds to an object on SimPE
A continuation of my question of this thread
Again, don't know if this is the right category!

I'm pretty advanced at SimPE, but I don't know a couple of things.

See, I want to change the sound file of that same shower.
But, I don't know how. Are there people who can tell me about changing sounds files?

Yes, I've copied and pasted it again. It's the same kind of question.
But I don't want to post it in the same thread, because if there was somebody with the same question, they can't find it. And the thread name would be too long.

Thanks for advance!

Yes, i'm still using Sims2. i'll keep it that way.

Alsolookatmychannelrealygoodchannelchannelisaboutanythingyoulikeidunnoimwasting2minutesoftypingthiswhatanawfullsignature...
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 6:31 PM
There are a couple of tutorials for adding sounds to objects - it's a fairly complex process. You first have to import the sound into the file and adjust the settings so the game can use it, then edit or create BHAVs to use it. There are two tutorials which essentially cover the same ground - one by Carrigon (which might not be available now) and one by Hexameter. I think the one by Hexameter is easier to use. There's also probably some information available over at either Leefish or Affinity Sims - I've not looked recently but both sites have had creators who have added sounds.

http://modthesims.info/t/235268
http://www.sims2workshop.com/index....d&threadID=2970

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#3 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 7:49 PM
Actually I have to say Carrigons is far easier and I rescued it from the site before it went down AND will share if anyone wants it.

I also wanted to add I am pretty certain shower sound is tied to the animation itself so that means cloning it, removing the sound from the animation and then adding your own custom sound.

I will try to remember to tie you to the thread that tells you how to do that.. if I don't because I am way notorious for forgetting feel free to pm to remind me!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 8:55 PM
Are you going to post it here Gdayars? That would be great. I have the pictures and stuff if you need them.

Interesting that you say you found Carrigon's easier - I guess different authors make sense for different people. I did use both at one point and they're both useful in my opinion but I thought Hexameter's helped me understand what was happening better. Carrigon is good on instructions.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#5 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 9:13 PM Last edited by gdayars : 12th Aug 2017 at 9:34 PM.
Well never mind, sims2workshop is back up! Posted the tutorial link then realized sims2workshop was back! However if it goes down again, let me know, and I will repost the tutorial.

I rescued it because I was afraid sims2workshop would become a dead site (which it did but evidently it is back!). I think the difference is different people learn differently.

Meantime @maybesomethingdunno is the one who pointed me in the right direction for removing sound from a cloned version of a maxis animation. Hoping he will link the thread so I don't have to look through my tons of notepads where I kept it!

Found it http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=431710

On how to remove the sound from an animation.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 11:37 AM
Yeah - Sims2Workshop were saying on Facebook they were trying to get the site back up. Nice to hear they succeeded.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
Well never mind, sims2workshop is back up! Posted the tutorial link then realized sims2workshop was back! However if it goes down again, let me know, and I will repost the tutorial.

I rescued it because I was afraid sims2workshop would become a dead site (which it did but evidently it is back!). I think the difference is different people learn differently.

Meantime @maybesomethingdunno is the one who pointed me in the right direction for removing sound from a cloned version of a maxis animation. Hoping he will link the thread so I don't have to look through my tons of notepads where I kept it!

Found it http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=431710

On how to remove the sound from an animation.

Eh... the Sims2workshop is back down again?
Can you post again gdayars?

Yes, i'm still using Sims2. i'll keep it that way.

Alsolookatmychannelrealygoodchannelchannelisaboutanythingyoulikeidunnoimwasting2minutesoftypingthiswhatanawfullsignature...