Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 4:55 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Glitchy stairs but only for dog
Hi there,

Basically I have a set of spiral stairs (Maxis ones I believe) in one of my Sim houses that everyone in the household can go up and down - except the dog. He can go up them but never down. He always sits at the top of the staircase as if to descend, but gets stuck.

I use the moveobjects on to put him downstairs but it gets quite annoying having to do it each time.

Has anyone had this issue before? It just seems weird that all my Sims and the cat can go up and down the stairs but the dog has issues. Any thoughts would be great!

Thank you.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 4:57 PM
Have you tried to replace the stairs? Also, is it a big or small dog?If it's a big one, maybe something invisible is stuck upstairs, and the dog can't get past it.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 7:14 PM
If you have any mods affecting stair travel, such as a mod to allow kittens/puppies/toddlers to use stairs, that could be causing the problem.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 8:43 PM
I don't have a mod as far as I'm aware Nysha, but I will check.

It's a big dog so maybe that's the issue? I will try putting different stairs in.

Thanks for your replies
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 4:45 AM
I frequently have a problem with large dogs and spiral stairs. I bypass it with move_objects.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)