Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

CandyD's Balanced Calories Mod - Natural Metabolism Part 2/3 (Patch 1.47.49.1020 Update)

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 256 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 58,839 Views
Uploaded: 6th Aug 2018 at 8:39 PM
Updated: 21st Nov 2018 at 2:13 PM - Fixed corrupted file error
The original version of this mod and the City Living module was by CandyD, who has been inactive for a while. I really enjoyed this mod, but it broke with the Seasons patch. So I just updated the mod and the City Living module to work with Patch 1.45.62.1020. You can find DandyD's original mod here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=591226

The Get To Work module was added by Ignoral, who has previously updated CandyD's mod to be compatible with the Cats & Dogs patch. He/she has been inactive for some months now, too and it broke also with the Seasons patch. I updated it to be compatible with Patch 1.45.62.1020. You can find Ignoral's original Get To Work module here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=603277

Update 11/19/2018
  • Fixed files not containing .package file or giving a "file is corrupted" error

Update 11/19/2018
  • Made compatible with Patch 1.47.49.1020 and Get Famous EP

Update 8/19/2018
  • Added modules of all Expansion Packs, Game Packs and Stuff Packs that add new food items and drinks.
  • Checked compatibility with the new Patch (1.46.18.1020) - works fine

Update 8/16/2018
  • Added missing food items and drinks to the following modules: Base Game, City Living, Get To Work
  • Added Calorie List

Delete or replace the old package files with the new ones from today's update.

I noticed that some food items were missing and the original files didn't include any drinks. They should now be included.
Per cheelisal's request, I created a Calorie List that will show you the calories of each food item and whether they will let your Sim gain weight or help lose weight. The list is a WIP project and will be updated when I add more modules.

I'm currently working on the food items and drinks of other Expansion Packs, Stuff Packs and Game Packs and will upload more modules as I get them done. If you find a food item or drink I haven't listed, please let me know and I'll add it.

!!! The following text is copied from CandyD'S original mod post !!!

Have you been surprised of seeing your sims gaining weight after eating salad, and of seeing them inevitably gaining weight to the point where keeping a stable weight is impossible without keeping a treadmill at home ? Surprised on seeing how absurd it is, on the contrary, that they don't seem to gain weight after eating fish and chips ? Tired of seeing more and more overweight townies to the point where obesity has become a real epidemics in your game ? This mod will help your sims maintaining a healthy weight easily with their diet.

How does the game behave by default ?

In the Sims 4, almost all foods are full of calories. The problem with the game is that it makes all foods have a positive calorie count, like in reality. But in reality, we have a baseline metabolism that burns calories even when we don't exercise, and in the Sims there is no baseline metabolism, so sims that don't workout regularly are condemned to gain weight, more or less quickly, but they can't escape it on long term. Even if they just eat salad !

What does this mod change to the game's behavior ?

As sims should burn very quickly all calories of low calorie meals, some foods have been modified to induce weight loss instead of weight gain : it's the case for salads, as well as dishes made of fruits and vegetables. Grains, lean meats and fish are low calorie. High fat, high sugar, desserts, most quick meals (with the exception of oatmeal and yogurt) and junk foods in general are high calorie. Some gourmet foods are now low calorie or even inducing weight loss ! Your sims can now enjoy some gourmet dishes without guilt ! But beware of cake !
This mod has been designed to force your sims to adopt a diversified diet. Some foods induce weight gain, others induce weight loss, and very few are 0 calorie. This means that your sims have a much lower risk of being overweight, unless if they like junk foods and desserts too much. But if they like only salad, they risk being underweight on long term. Fortunately, they can avoid that by choosing the right balance between high calorie and low calorie foods. If your sims like mac and cheese, they can now enjoy it, and eat a garden salad later to lose the weight gained with mac and cheese. This way, your sims can maintain their weight much more easily than before, with simple and intuitive choices.
Even toddlers can maintain their weight as peas and yogurt will keep them in better health than crackers. And just like adult sims, toddlers need a diversified diet to keep a healthy weight.

How do I install this mod ?

Unzip it. Place the package in your Mods folder. Start the Sims 4 and enable custom content and mods in Game options - Other. Apply changes, quit and restart the Sims 4, and enjoy !
This mod can work alone. However, if you experience other weight and / or muscle issues with sims of all ages, or wish to control your sims' metabolism with more precision, I recommend to download and install the two other parts of the Natural Metabolism mod, for best results.

Conflicts

This XML tuning will conflict with other XML tuning mods using the following resources :

- Base mod :

- City Living module :

- Get To Work module (copied from Ignoral's post) :

Additional Credits:
CandyD for the original mod and the City Living module.
Ignoral for the Get To Work module
Sims4Studios
WinMerge
TS4 XML Compare