Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 7:55 AM
How to turn Sims3Pack into Package safely?
So I made some patterns using the TS3 CAP Tool and everything worked fine when I installed in my game when it's in .sims3pack format. But the minute I compressed it to individual .package files, it doesn't properly show up in my game. Also, when I compressed it into a single .package file, the materializing materials error came up. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong? How do I get it fixed?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 10:48 PM
http://modthesims.info/d/364038

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 11:34 PM
if you want them in package, you need to fix them manually: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/f...p?topic=15874.0
Test Subject
#4 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 7:14 AM
It has always worked for me to use Delphy's multi installer to extract the package files from the sims3pack. As to date I have had no complaints about my textures not working or showing up in game. This is a known issue for TSR that patterns created with that tool for some reason do not show up in game. Don't know why they haven't fixed it yet. Good luck
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 9:02 PM
I had troubles with patterns packed into 1 package. Never try this - the game crashed every time I opened CAS.

Im not a native speaker
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 11:40 PM
As far as I'm aware, it’s the other way around. Patterns created with TSRW use a unique name variation for the patterns you create – that's unlike EA’s CAP tool, where if two different creators named their different patterns something like “stone1” only one will show up if you install both.

Converting patterns created with CAP into packages is a no-no, as it will cause the “materializing materials” error - however, as I pointed above, you can fix them manually.

With patterns created with TSRW’s pattern tool, I think you won’t have much of an issue in converting them into packages. I have converted most of the patterns I have downloaded from TSRW (2012-now, older ones tend to not work) and I haven’t experienced any issue. As far as I know, TSRW’s pattern tool is quite stable, at least the one packed in the latest versions (not sure about the TS4/TS3 TSRW fusion, tho)
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by soundtracks
As far as I know, TSRW’s pattern tool is quite stable, at least the one packed in the latest versions (not sure about the TS4/TS3 TSRW fusion, tho)

The ts4/3 version works for my patterns and converting to .package works, too.
I just don´t know if you can merge them. Has someone a clue under which conditions you could merge patterns?

Im not a native speaker