Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#51 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Moraelin
If you can, that would be a huge help. Castaway Shore for example is basically unusable because I think a total of two trees can be moved.
Its been so long since I did this, so I'm not sure I remember. But it seems to me there was a way around the stuck trees. Can you edit some of them out before you move in a Sim? Or did I use Pescado's stuck object remover?
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 7:16 PM
Hmm, I haven't even tried any third party tools yet, to be honest. The stuck objects though are still just as stuck in the build mode before moving a family there. In fact that's how I discovered that only 2 trees can be picked up.

Perhaps unrelated, but is there some "damn kids, stay off my lawn" flag I can set while I'm at editing those lots? Don't get me wrong, I'm as social as the next guy, but seeing some natives show up uninvited and march through my bedroom at midnight to deposit banana peels on my counters (ignoring the garbage pit they passed by on the way in!), or not even bother saying "hi" before helping themselves to my chessboard, drums and food... kinda rubs me the awfully wrong way. I'm starting to miss story mode already.

I did try googling it first and looking at the U0 values in my normal TS2 neighbourhood, but I'm just as unenlightened so far as when I started.
Theorist
#53 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 7:50 PM
Hmm, I haven't even tried any third party tools yet, to be honest. The stuck objects though are still just as stuck in the build mode before moving a family there. In fact that's how I discovered that only 2 trees can be picked up.

Perhaps unrelated, but is there some "damn kids, stay off my lawn" flag I can set while I'm at editing those lots? Don't get me wrong, I'm as social as the next guy, but seeing some natives show up uninvited and march through my bedroom at midnight to deposit banana peels on my counters (ignoring the garbage pit they passed by on the way in!), or not even bother saying "hi" before helping themselves to my chessboard, drums and food... kinda rubs me the awfully wrong way. I'm starting to miss story mode already.

I did try googling it first and looking at the U0 values in my normal TS2 neighbourhood, but I'm just as unenlightened so far as when I started.
Having slept on it, I'm quite sure I used the stuck object remover after moving in a test Sim to each problem lot.

I'm afraid I'm quite rusty with gameplay now, but are there lockable doors in Castaway to keep the neighbours out? I do remember that as far as outdoor spaces goes I just accepted that it was part of island life to have human and animal visitors there all the time!
Scholar
#54 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 8:17 PM
Hmm, I guess I could build a big fence and lock the gate...
Top Secret Researcher
#55 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 11:35 AM Last edited by Lili975 : 4th Sep 2010 at 1:02 PM.
is there some "damn kids, stay off my lawn" flag

Carrigon made a No SelfGreeting Visitors hack for CS, you can find it here . (I think it requires registration) I didn't test that one myself, I use lockable doors on fences (allow family only) around portals (fences have to be larger than the portal, as visitors tend to appear on the side of it), because I still want to see who came to visit and be able to let them in.

Off to find a way to make community lots residential now, still dreaming of finding a way to get rid of the monkeys for good .
Edit: I just changed the type from community to residential in SimPE and it seems to be working fine, the lot is now for sale with its correct name and description showing.
Instructor
#56 Old 25th May 2013 at 7:09 PM
I hate that "Place a Lot" feature was omitted in CS. Isn't building one of the main features in The Sims series? Okay, ranting aside, I have a few questions.

1. This thread is a bit old. Do you know if this tutorial works with the latest version of SimPE?
2. Say I wanted to convert community lots to residental. I would just go to SimPE and choose "Residental" instead of "Community", right?
3. If I wanted to, for example, take "The House of Tuzu" from Felicity Island and wanted to put it in Wanmami Island too, would it mess with the portals on the lot? Also, if I added the new community lot or changed a community lot to residental, will its icon on the map appear/disappear?
4. This is silly, but... which files I need to back up in order to do this?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#57 Old 25th May 2013 at 8:40 PM
I'm afraid that I don't have Castaway Stories installed any more, so it's difficult for me to check some of these things. However, I'll tell you what I believe to be true. If you backup your save game first, you should be able to restore if something really doesn't work as expected.

1) I'm not sure. I know that I reported this bug and Peter gave me a personal copy of 0.72 which works. I assume that the change made it into the latest 0.73 version. It's pretty easy to tell: Can you change the lot instance in the plugin view? If you can, then you should be OK. If that field is missing or un-editable, then you'll have to get the "Mootilda" version of 0.72. If you need it, I'll get you a link.

2) Yes, I believe that you can just swap between "Residential" and "Community".

3) No, the portals should not be affected by moving between neighborhoods. I honestly don't know what happens to the icons on the map.

4) I believe that you need to backup the entire "<Documents>\Electronic Arts\The Sims™ Castaway Stories" folder.
Instructor
#58 Old 25th May 2013 at 9:22 PM
Okay, thanks.

I tried to edit the 'Instance' part, but I couldn't. It's uneditable. I can only edit Owner Instance. Can you give that link? Btw, does that version work with Mansion and Garden stuff?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#59 Old 25th May 2013 at 10:05 PM
Looks like it's been taken down, so I've attached it here.

You have to patch it with the M&G patch:
http://www.simlogical.info/SimPE/Si...mpeMGUpdate.htm

However, I just tried running 0.73.44.37511 (which I believe is the most recent version) and I can modify the Instance field in the Lot Description plugin view for a base game lot (as I said, I don't have Castaway Stories installed anymore). Are you sure that you're looking in the right place?
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  SimPe_0_72_03-Mootilda.7z (3.72 MB, 33 downloads) - View custom content
Instructor
#60 Old 26th May 2013 at 11:16 AM
Odd. I can't edit the instance box in the base neighborhoods neither. Here's what I'm getting:

http://gyazo.com/768ea55791782ab000a258aeaae95493
http://gyazo.com/36b4c6c086b825b05131a4d6280aac81
Instructor
#61 Old 26th May 2013 at 12:01 PM
Silly me, I just realized I had the older version of SimPE (v. 0.72). I used that download on the Downloads page.

Does the newer version (0.73) have an installer or do you have to unzip it? I tried unzipping it, but it doesn't work properly -- I'm doing something wrong.

Edit: Ugh, I don't even care anymore. If they didn't bother putting such an important feature in the game, I won't bother fixing it. Heck, I can't even get SimPE to run properly. But, thanks for the tutorial.
Instructor
#62 Old 26th May 2013 at 12:30 PM
Okay, I just downloaded SimPE 73, did everything in that tutorial, but it still slow and doesn't work. Plus, the neighborhood browser can't find my The Sims Stories hoods. e.e Maybe I should just download an older version of SimPE? Like, before Apartment Life?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#63 Old 26th May 2013 at 3:05 PM
I shared the version that I'm using. Install that, then patch for M&G from the link that I supplied. That version should work well.

Please don't triple post. Instead, use the Edit button to add more information to your existing post.
Instructor
#64 Old 26th May 2013 at 6:04 PM
Okay, much much better results now. I downloaded the older version of SimPE and that patch, and it works now. I follow the tutorial, so I used Spear Point too. After that, I tried to copy Highland Station to Felicity Island, but I must say that the map part is the hardest step! It's so hard to get the right coordinates.

Oh, and sorry about that triple-post thing. I tend to forget about rules when I'm upset, so I probably forgot about that the "Edit" button exists.

Thank you for this tutorial, again.

PS: Oh, and, can you copy community lot between the islands? I think you mentioned somewhere in this thread that you can't because it won't show up on the map.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#65 Old 26th May 2013 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vss2eip
can you copy community lot between the islands? I think you mentioned somewhere in this thread that you can't because it won't show up on the map.
I'd forgotten about that. We don't know how to add a community lot to the map, so there's no way to visit a new community lot.
Instructor
#66 Old 28th May 2013 at 3:46 PM
That sucks a little. I really wanted that pirate ship in Felicity Island and the Chalice of Days in Wanmami Island, but oh well. I can still convert community to residental, but I want all of my Sims to use the lot.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#67 Old 28th May 2013 at 11:20 PM
I agree. It's clear that removing roads produces a lot of problems and that the creators just didn't want to deal with those problems. The game is really crippled by this.
Page 3 of 3