Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 5:30 PM Last edited by lizlucy2 : 14th Aug 2014 at 8:59 PM.
Bioshock sim help - Create A Sim
Hello, all.
I'm trying to recreate Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite and wanted to ask for some pointers.

This is her:
http://venturebeat.files.wordpress....abeth.jpg?w=660

This is my sim:

I realize that her outfit isn't very good, but hey, I'm working with what I got.

There was a crooked man, and he walked a crooked mile,
He found a crooked sixpence against a crooked stile;
He bought a crooked cat which caught a crooked mouse,
And they all lived together in a little crooked house.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 5:43 PM
Your sim is cute!
Eye shape is a little off. In TS3 it was called "Eye Apex", on your sim it's more towards the outside while on the Elizabeth it's a bit more to the inside. I also don't think her eyes are quite that large.
Her face with a neutral expression in the 2nd pic, her mouth has more of a frown shape while your sim has a more of a smile, so changing the mouth curve might help.
Elizabeth also has a bit more in the jowl area.

If you make any changes, I'd save as new because your current sim is pretty cute.

Resident wet blanket.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
Your sim is cute!
Eye shape is a little off. In TS3 it was called "Eye Apex", on your sim it's more towards the outside while on the Elizabeth it's a bit more to the inside. I also don't think her eyes are quite that large.
Her face with a neutral expression in the 2nd pic, her mouth has more of a frown shape while your sim has a more of a smile, so changing the mouth curve might help.
Elizabeth also has a bit more in the jowl area.

If you make any changes, I'd save as new because your current sim is pretty cute.

Thank you so much for the pointers! I can't believe I didn't see that I shall work on it! :D

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 6:16 PM

Hmmm, I did what you suggested (I hope) and I'm curious if it looks better?

Scholar
#5 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 6:28 PM
She has a serious case of Michael Jackson nose. The original has a small nose but her bridge is "normal", just the flaps were nonexistent.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by labellavienna
She has a serious case of Michael Jackson nose. The original has a small nose but her bridge is "normal", just the flaps were nonexistent.

Haha.
Ok, I made the nose a bit bigger, is this better?

Field Researcher
#7 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 8:17 PM
I feel like there's still something in the mouth area not quite right, but that could just be me. It would be nice if TS4 would let you make her mouth a bit smaller without changing the little lines in the corner, but I don't think you can. Maybe move her upper lip up a bit more or move her nose down a bit? Can you make her iris bigger or is the slider limited? You've done a fantastic job, by the way. I just started playing Bioshock and am not even finished with the first game, but I'm already in love with the series. I barely know anything about Elizabeth aside from a particularly interesting spoiler I stumbled across, but she's very pretty and her facial structure makes a great sim.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 8:23 PM Last edited by lizlucy2 : 14th Aug 2014 at 8:59 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by budwinys
I feel like there's still something in the mouth area not quite right, but that could just be me. It would be nice if TS4 would let you make her mouth a bit smaller without changing the little lines in the corner, but I don't think you can. Maybe move her upper lip up a bit more or move her nose down a bit? Can you make her iris bigger or is the slider limited? You've done a fantastic job, by the way. I just started playing Bioshock and am not even finished with the first game, but I'm already in love with the series. I barely know anything about Elizabeth aside from a particularly interesting spoiler I stumbled across, but she's very pretty and her facial structure makes a great sim.

Thank you so much! The whole Bioshock series is great! Bioshock Infinite is a treat though, and very mind boggling!
Is this what you had in mind?:

Instructor
#9 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lizlucy2
Thank you so much! The whole Bioshock series is great! Bioshock Infinite is a treat though, and very mind boggling!
Is this what you had in mind?:

That looks so good! :lovestruc
Elizabeth is soooo pretty. *o*

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Field Researcher
#10 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 8:54 PM
To my eyes, that looks as perfect as the game will allow you to be. I would wait for someone else to come along and give their advice though, as sometimes I just don't see things as they are proportion wise (that sounds crazier than intended, I hope you know what I mean ).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by budwinys
To my eyes, that looks as perfect as the game will allow you to be. I would wait for someone else to come along and give their advice though, as sometimes I just don't see things as they are proportion wise (that sounds crazier than intended, I hope you know what I mean ).

Thank you so much for pointing out the thing with the mouth (edit: dang typing) though! I realized after I fixed it how bad the mouth originally looked! :P

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 9:01 PM
Decided to do a quick 'before and after' for what we have so far!

Before:

After:

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 9:43 PM
Changed the eyebrows, lightened her eye color, and made her cheeks more defined.

Opinions?:

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:12 PM
-sigh-
The only thing that could make her better would be her outfit, but my talent only extends so far. :p

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:32 PM
I think her cheeks need to be rounder, in your second screenshot she has quite a wide face, but I appreciate how difficult it is to make a lookalike sim in the demo. I've tried a few characters myself and just given up due to the lack of options.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by carpedentum
I think her cheeks need to be rounder, in your second screenshot she has quite a wide face, but I appreciate how difficult it is to make a lookalike sim in the demo. I've tried a few characters myself and just given up due to the lack of options.

Is this good for the cheeks?:

I do agree about the lack of options, but so far I find it a lot easier than the other games. I'm not very good with sliders, and this way I can adjust different things. Although, people may disagree with me on that.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 3:47 AM
Anyone else have something to add?

Lab Assistant
#18 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 6:14 AM
Hey! I'm enjoying seeing your progress on her, you're doing a great job!

Elizabeth is supposed to have dark brown hair, so I think that would help a lot. I would also play a bit with her lips, and maybe make her eyes just a tad smaller and play with the eye corners a bit (if you can, I haven't used TS4 CAS that much). Maybe go for softer eyeliner/eyelashes such as brown or different set.
Instructor
#19 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 6:41 AM
you have to wait a CC for that sim... it's difficult to mold someone without CC's :P

"Keep Calm and Play with STYLE"
#My Avatar: Nick Johnson
Download Policy
MrDensilter tumblr account.
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
The Green House Challenge
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MrDensilter
you have to wait a CC for that sim... it's difficult to mold someone without CC's :P

It is quite hard, but fun.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kilani
Hey! I'm enjoying seeing your progress on her, you're doing a great job!

Elizabeth is supposed to have dark brown hair, so I think that would help a lot. I would also play a bit with her lips, and maybe make her eyes just a tad smaller and play with the eye corners a bit (if you can, I haven't used TS4 CAS that much). Maybe go for softer eyeliner/eyelashes such as brown or different set.

I did change the hair color, you were right! Unfortunately I can't seem to get the lips right... She has basically no top lip!

Although, I suppose I could go off of her when she's older...

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 9:27 PM
Not sure if this is allowed, but bump.

Lab Assistant
#23 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 3:29 PM
I think the shape of the lip is wrong. The dip in the centre top lip is too pronounced. On young Elizabeth especially, the curve is quite flat. Try a different preset.

I also think her jaw/chin area is too much like an inverted triangle. It should be a bit more heart shaped. I know it's really really hard to shape that area especially. Try different presets, as they really affect what you can do. Can you show us what she looks like with her hair pulled away from her face? The hair is good, but I feel like her face is too wide overall because we can't see where her cheekbones end.