Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sockpuppet
#76 Old 3rd Jun 2012 at 11:31 PM
well, im still testing
Hopefully i find a solution

I love the 3 floor setup cos when using the domes light it reflects on the staircase floor, 2 floors below the dome itself.
Looks really nice.
i would prolly go for a 3 floor setup with its footprint outside(like 10 or 20 tiles?)
You then stack a few columns next to the titanic and place it on the level of your choice.(its the best i can do for now)
Ill have a go at the lamp but its not going to be high poly tho, just simple.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#77 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 3:06 AM
So are you saying that it's going to be put on the floor of the 2nd highest floor, and it would be on the floor above that? That sounds pretty cool, I'm curious how it will look lighted. Would you want me to texture the dome's top as well?
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 5:05 AM
zelda101, also we need the dome's light which should be also visible
Sockpuppet
#79 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 7:03 AM
yes, i finished the top so i was hoping you could texture one quarter panel.
Ill upload uvtemplate and mesh asap
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 7:08 AM
BloomsBase, could you upload finished .package file, please?
Sockpuppet
#81 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 2:31 PM Last edited by BloomsBase : 8th Jun 2012 at 8:06 AM.
Im pretty much done with the mesh(about time cos im getting bored lol)
Didn't spent much time on the lamp im afraid, hope its good enough.
Still to do are the specular textures.

Last are the quarter top glass parts, the texturing.
Here you have its uvmap Zelda and the latest mesh.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/2emd9t
You need the half moon at the bottom, the 4 iron bars are seperated
Dont forget to texture a bit further then the outline of the meshuvcoordinates.
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 4:22 PM
BloomsBase, it seems to be larger than the original dome
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#83 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 4:47 PM
Maxonick, I think the words you are looking for are "Thank you very much BloomsBase".

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 5:57 PM
that is pretty darn perfect Bloom - i know i've been a bit pedantic and irritating before but that is spot on, and thankyou for doing it! i look forward to seeing zeldas finishing touch to the quarter top glass parts. It really is beautiful - thanks again. Is the lamp functional? does it glow when illuminated? from what you said before i believe not, but just wondered if that had changed - either way it is spectacular!
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 6:00 PM
Inge Jones, sorry, I'm too disrespectful, yeah, of course it's beautiful
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#86 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 6:48 PM
I still need to work on the top quarter designs.
Though for the lamp it's pretty hard creating the metal textures, but all I've done so far are the glass top, and the metal and the glass that's over the lamp I find is a bit complicated for me to do at the moment.
I was thinking for the metal parts of the light you could maybe have it made so that it could be patterned in the game?

The progress so far.
Maybe you could do another mesh of the lamp where it would have another layer over the glass that could be the chandelier beads?
I know the game does it for this chandelier,

Lab Assistant
#87 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 6:52 PM
zelda101, I think it's a good idea, if it's customizable in-game in can be used as a part of any in-game lot, not just Titanic.
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 7:22 PM
zelda - thats an incredibly good job, it looks fantastic, thankyou for doing it! In my game whenever i try to use a shiny gold texture in Create a style, the shininess/reflective quality always makes it light green - whether its indoors or out and it looks so terrible i almost never colour anything gold. I don't know if thats just me? but i think this looks awesome. I'd love to have the option to recolour, but a preset with your texturing would be awesome because the gold you've done looks really good!
also, that bottom bit of the store chandelier is very very close to the real one isn't it! i wonder if you can extract mesh/texture from store stuff? if i remember right, its not the mesh that you alter for something fiddly like chandelier beads, it's the texture - you make parts of the alpha file black if you want them to be transparent, is that right?
Sockpuppet
#89 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 7:46 PM Last edited by BloomsBase : 8th Jun 2012 at 8:06 AM.
i already textured the lamp, not good?
has a gold overlay texture while the glass is kinda chrystal.
The reason you can not texture the lamp is because the textures i used are scaled 100times bigger(well the mesh its uvcoordinates are)
You prolly have huge blurry display
Also the metal is already part of the castable texture.
Only the glass quarter panels left.

But im open for suggestions.
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 8:06 PM
Sockpuppet
#91 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 8:54 PM Last edited by BloomsBase : 8th Jun 2012 at 8:06 AM.
more like this?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#92 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 9:10 PM
It's looking great!
Are those to lines edits in the mesh?
What do you think about this different metal texture?

Should we just leave the glass plain? or should it be textured as crystals?
Sockpuppet
#93 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 9:51 PM
yes, i added meshparts for the metal strip.
Im searching my as off for a good crystal glas pattern but haven't found anything that looks good
The gold texture looks great!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#94 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 10:33 PM
So I took a image of the film and though you're probably going to be soo annoyed but I don't think this lamp is entirely accurate.

The metals in yours are pretty accurate and I think you should leave them, but I think for the lamp we should create our own crystals, as a string of beads layering over the framing of the lamp. I could do the texturing for those.
I'll upload a snapshot of a lamp in the game so you can understand what I mean more.
Sockpuppet
#95 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 10:58 PM Last edited by BloomsBase : 4th Jun 2012 at 11:42 PM.
how big you want the texture then?
i choose for a pattern to keep the filesize down, its another 1.2mb for a 1024x1024 texture file,
But i can map em on that so you can have a go, np
Here you go: http://www.sendspace.com/file/5ych6i
Lamp mesh/multiplier texture and uvmap.
This is the last thing i do on the mesh tho, you guys have no idea how many hours i already spent on this project.

edit,
lol, reading back.....you want a mesh for each crystal?
If this continues you wont be able to play the game at all, it will be to high polygon.
I suggest you have a try at texturing them as i wont make meshes for each one.
Alchemist
#96 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 12:25 AM
It's really kinda a shame this thread has been dogged with whining and demands from non-contributory people seein as how it was so generous of you to take this project on at all. I'll say it since they haven't...the dome is beautiful just how it is Bloom and it was very nice of you to make it.
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 1:25 AM
i have said thank you repeatedly, but as mittens seems to have missed the five or six plus instances of this i'll say it again - Thankyou Bloom, it is beautiful!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#98 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 1:29 AM
Lol, I meant with the textures, I think we should make it so that the texture covers the metal meshes, sort of like EA's chandelier,
that way the texture looks like beads, sorta. This is taken from inside the chandelier.
Maybe we can do the same thing?
Alchemist
#99 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dangmal
i have said thank you repeatedly, but as mittens seems to have missed the five or six plus instances of this i'll say it again - Thankyou Bloom, it is beautiful!
What I said was there was whining and demanding from non-contributory people dangmal...not that no thanks were given. I also didn't mention you by name but if you feel the shoe fits and etc. And it's orangemittens to you...thanks
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#100 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 8:01 AM
Basically unless the whiners actually start doing some work on this dome instead of just barking instructions to Bloom about how he should be doing it, I am going to report the thread as a request thread wrongly posted in a forum meant for people learning to do their own work.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Page 4 of 7