Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 11:39 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Simgedoehns invisible mailbox glitch!
Hello!!

I have this really annoying problem where I have installed the Simgedoehns mailbox's, trashcans and the community phone box custom content. For some reason it becomes invisible to most lots and new made lots but in certain lots it shows up. I even tested the mailboxes alone (there was no other cc in my downloads folder) and this glitch has still occurred. Can anyone help me, I really want the mailboxes to show up. Nothing else is invisible and this just only occurs to the mailboxes.

(I don't have any other mailboxes that should conflict with this custom content and I also tried downloading sophie-davids catalogue mailbox but it was still invisible. Also as I said before the mailbox works for specific downloaded lots and it confuses me lol) ((photos in the attachments))

Thanks, Notis
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 4:08 PM
Hi, notis784! I actually downloaded the same items a few days ago, and I'm having the same issue with the mailbox. I've been searching this website, and I found out that the subset names for the mailbox changed when M&G came out. So we need to change the subset names. But I don't know what the new subset names are. I'm going to look around a bit more, and most probably dive into editing the package file myself. If I find an answer, then I'll let you know! But if anyone does know the process, please assist us.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 9:09 AM
I’m glad I found someone that found the same problem as me, thank you for letting me know about the issue but please reply back if you have found a solution 💖
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 9:36 PM
It looks like I fixed this a while back. My attempts at adding hood view appears to have failed (based on my quick test), but I did fix the original recolors. Note that the original mailbox colors from M&G are available. Default of meshes and textures, so can go in downloads folder.

http://www.simfileshare.net/download/794699/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 6:51 AM
@HugeLunatic oh my goodness, thank you so much for helping me out! I am so thankful omg.