Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 11:09 PM Last edited by carrit : 19th Jun 2017 at 11:23 PM.
Can't wrap my head around rigging a hair...
I'm having trouble with this one hair and I'm not sure what I need to do to fix it... (well I have some ideas but I'd rather hear from someone of experience.)

I know that I need to rig some points to multiple bones but I'm not sure how. (for animation, the neck and what not.)

I also don't know how to make the alphas show up. (I'm using the fly pigtails mesh as the starter in bs. Should I use the comments and part names from it?)

It's my first time rigging so I'm having a lot of trouble and I'm sure there may be some sort of tutorial out there for dealing with this but I've yet to find one I'm %100 comfortable following. (I say comfortable because most of the ones I have found are from before 09 when SimPE was last updated.)

Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 8:59 PM
Is there a tutorial anywhere that addresses what I need to do? Also pictures would be appreciated.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 9:53 AM
Are you using the Milkshape joints tab or the UniMesh Bone Tool?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 8:58 PM Last edited by carrit : 25th Jun 2017 at 11:54 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Are you using the Milkshape joints tab or the UniMesh Bone Tool?

I was using the joints tab so I've been doing it wrong this whole time?

but what about the issues with my alpha not showing?

I also don't understand how that unimesh bone tool works.