Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 3:43 AM Last edited by LuvSims2011 : 25th Dec 2011 at 3:58 PM.
Default Have you ever played a game where the people in it speak gibberish (other than Sims?)
I have. School Tycoon. The funny thing about it was that one of the teachers said something that sounded like, "The world will end in 1997."

P.S. Why did it say that when that game was made after 1997?

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? The world may never (falling anvil drops on head)
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 10:20 AM
Aren't most games filled with gibberish?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
#3 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 3:02 PM
Spore
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 3:15 PM
Unless a few lines of Simlish spoken in SimCity 4 count, than no.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Instructor
#5 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 4:02 PM
Shadow of the Collossus had some made-up language as it's dialouge. Great game btw...
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 7:49 PM
Maybe MySims . . .

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? The world may never (falling anvil drops on head)
Scholar
#7 Old 27th Dec 2011 at 12:21 AM
Yeah, the MySims series spoke gibberish

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 29th Dec 2011 at 7:55 AM
Animal Crossing? hahaha. I brought the gamecube version when it first came out, it was one of my favorite games
Field Researcher
#9 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 3:20 AM
Two Worlds. The main character speak something like English, but it's something different. I call it gibberish English. You don't have this in Two Worlds II anymore, where it is normal English.
Populous: The Beginning, although there isn't much talked in it.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 6:34 PM
Croc. The game where you play some little, cute, crocodile that walks around an island collecting something? (I don't quite remember what the actual aim of the game was? Uh...)

But there was this hut you could buy things like health & jelly from (Don't ask why you could purchase jelly, I really do not remember). And a cat was behind the counter, who talked. The words came up in English of course, but he just said this over & over again...
"A KALLA SHALLA WAH, A KALLA SHALLA WAH"

His voice is literally locked inside my brain forever. And unfortunatley, so is that stupid, gibberish phrase of his.

"Just Breathe"
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by em-em
Croc. The game where you play some little, cute, crocodile that walks around an island collecting something? (I don't quite remember what the actual aim of the game was? Uh...)

But there was this hut you could buy things like health & jelly from (Don't ask why you could purchase jelly, I really do not remember). And a cat was behind the counter, who talked. The words came up in English of course, but he just said this over & over again...
"A KALLA SHALLA WAH, A KALLA SHALLA WAH"

His voice is literally locked inside my brain forever. And unfortunatley, so is that stupid, gibberish phrase of his.

I would hate to play that...

Lab Assistant
#12 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 11:27 PM
Haha, it wasn't such a bad game at the time! Then again, I was around 5 & easily amused. Its weird because I don't really remember the games plot, I didn't play the elvels needed to be completed to suceed & progress in the game, I just used to play in the homeland, no idea why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYTvQqERN2U If you skip to around 0:27 you'll see the damn shopkeeper & hear him saying kalla shalla wah a few times.

"Just Breathe"
Forum Resident
#13 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 11:31 PM
I played Assassin's Creed II in German. It's basically gibberish, right?
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Element Leaf

Depends if you can understand the language or not. I can speak basic & conversational German, so it would of been slight gibberish to me but I would of been able to figure a few pieces out eventually.

"Just Breathe"
Forum Resident
#15 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 4:01 PM
Magicka, Legend of Zelda games, and I'm sure there's more I just can't think of at the moment.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 10:08 PM
Animal Crossing. It's not quite gibberish - the animals speak English, but phonetically on a letter by letter basis, and at such a fast pace that it's difficult to even make that much out.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 11:10 PM
Legend Of Zelda, Animal Crossing, Klonoa 2, and would the Pokemon games count as gibberish?

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Inventor
#18 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 12:58 PM
Have I ever played a game where the people speak gibberish? Why yes... every single MMO I've played

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 4:05 AM
The one that comes to mind is parappa the rapper. I think he talked jibberish but it could have been that my tv wasn't loud enough. :D

Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you.
Simblr
Theorist
#20 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 1:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Axe Gaijin
Have I ever played a game where the people speak gibberish? Why yes... every single MMO I've played

Eh, last time I played an MMO, my character's name was gibberish because I was too lazy to think up of one.
Space Pony
#21 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 3:29 PM
Default .....
Quote: Originally posted by Element

That's racist.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 12:45 AM
Miitopia. It's a JRPG that utilizes the Mii avatar system to cast various roles with Miis you made with the Mii Maker on your 3DS or with the Mii Maker in-game (which has a few more customization options).

I kind of fell in love with this particular game and I have replayed this game a few times. The squeaky glass wiping noises they make is funny.

Sometimes, while reading the dialogue text, I imagine hearing the type of voices that suit the characters.

Part of me wants to see it make the jump to the Switch and have them expand upon the Mii Maker in-game by utilizing the Switch Mii Maker options.

But when I shown the Miis in action, talking, to my father, he did that Telltale Heart parody on SpongeBob SquarePants where Mr. Krabs heard squeaking in place of dialogue.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Theorist
#23 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 5:26 AM
The Movies by Lionhead. This game has movie making and the va's for the actors use gibberish.
Not a fake language, but mumbling and stumbling conjured out of their heads, they could just do that because the game doesn't worry about lip synchronization.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMTLV8FSEpE
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#24 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 7:01 PM
Rabbids spoke gibberish, oh it was a fun game!

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Space Pony
#25 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 1:29 AM Last edited by Airazor65 : 13th Oct 2018 at 3:18 AM.
Default Dude
Quote: Originally posted by Element
Dude, you know that's slightly racist, right?

Page 1 of 2