Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#17101 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 7:59 PM
Thanks, Peni. Sounds like it's random chance and I'm getting a statistical cluster - or maybe I'm just playing chance cards more often than I have in the past.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#17102 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 9:51 PM
Are there some secret (to me) functions that the community lot deeds have? I thought they were just decorative but then one disappeared from the community lot when I sold it, and, yet, they don't disappear from the sims inventory. I can have many copies of the same lot deed in the inventory of a sim who doesn't still own it. What if the sim gives those as gifts? Basically, how do the deeds work?
Mad Poster
#17103 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 10:15 PM
You put them on the wall and click "transfer lot ownership" to change who owns the business. And you can sell them to sell the business. I think that is their only function.
Alchemist
#17104 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
You put them on the wall and click "transfer lot ownership" to change who owns the business. And you can sell them to sell the business. I think that is their only function.

So that would save me having to go back to the phone or computer?! Wow, that's useful. Thanks. But what about the six deeds still in the inventory of a sim who doesn't own the business?
Mad Poster
#17105 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 1:18 AM
I would guess the option just doesn't appear if the business owner doesn't live on the lot. I know you can use any sim to transfer the business as long as the business owner lives with them.
Mad Poster
#17106 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
(I know I could mod it so that elders can get full-time jobs, but I just haven't gotten around to it.)

noagediscrimination.package

Gets rid of the "age discrimination" that locks elders into only crappy jobs, also making it impossible to retire without "Get Useless Job" wants clogging the want panel. To get a real job, use the computer. If, for some reason, you actually WANT the lousy job, you can still get one with the newspaper.

NOT COMPATIBLE WITH INTEEN!

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s.../topic,8.0.html

Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
Both. It happened on my old save back in 2016 using only the vanilla University, except it only showed up when Sims moved out of a home after recently graduating and moving back home (if that made sense? They move back home from Uni & move again to a new house). It's now happening using Squinge's College Pack.. I know that if you upgrade Sims pre-uni with batbox, this might happen but I'm not sure why it's happening to Sims that actually went to University & graduated without the use of the batbox's pre-uni..

Edit: Here's the annoying duplicate graduation memories is in pictures:

That is weird. They demoted the degree too. XD
Mad Poster
#17107 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
I would guess the option just doesn't appear if the business owner doesn't live on the lot. I know you can use any sim to transfer the business as long as the business owner lives with them.

If you use allmenus, Transfer Business will work with any Sim. In Black Mesa, I had a Sim transfer a business to their friend who was living in another household. I can't remember if I did it using the deed or by clicking on the other Sim.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#17108 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 2:31 PM
Dude what happened to Sims Cave? There hasn't been any updates for new stuff in like a month and that's where I get my newer things from so I'm kinda wondering and hoping that it's just petty internet stuff instead of something serious.

My simblr
In the name of the Moon, i will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means YOU! ❤️
Mad Poster
#17109 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 2:54 PM
Does anyone know what makes the counter so attractive to cats and the sofas and armchairs less so? My cats will sit for hours on the counter, but they (and dogs) sit for two seconds on a chair or couch and then get off again. They don't seem to like sleeping there either (because the floor is so much more comfortable DX).
Alchemist
#17110 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 5:34 PM Last edited by omglo : 25th Jan 2019 at 7:26 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Steffyn
Dude what happened to Sims Cave? There hasn't been any updates for new stuff in like a month and that's where I get my newer things from so I'm kinda wondering and hoping that it's just petty internet stuff instead of something serious.
I remember the main person who used to post saying that they were focusing on their thesis and wouldn't have time to update often anymore. Yesterday, I happened to see the other person who used to post mention that she was busy too. I guess the forum didn't find any other volunteers to fill the gap.
Forum Resident
#17111 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 5:39 PM
Does it break anything to make a sim in your main hood related to people in a vacation hood?

Like, say I make an Indian family and then make a vacation hood to reflect India. Can I make random townies in the hood related to the family in the main hood? Like, assorted extended family?

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Field Researcher
#17112 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
I remember the main person who used to post saying that they focusing on their thesis and wouldn't have time to update often anymore. Yesterday, I happened to see the other person who used to post mention that she was busy too. I guess the forum didn't find any other volunteers to fill the gap.

Real life always comes first so that's understandable! Thanks.

My simblr
In the name of the Moon, i will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means YOU! ❤️
Forum Resident
#17113 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 7:14 PM
Is it possible to move a grave from one residential lot to another without making a duplicate of it?
I wanna give the Goths a new home and still keep their graveyard, but putting the graves into someone's inventory, moving them into the bin and moving them into another house will place them on the ground when first loaded, and the inventory will be filled with nameless graves, that I'm pretty sure will cause corruption if I delete them. Would giving them as gifts between sims work?
Mad Poster
#17114 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 8:42 PM
You can just make the Sim selectable and put the graves in their inventory. I suggest going over to their household immediately to take them out, because if they die their inventory gets deleted.

If you have nounlinkondelete you'll be fine, but getting lost graves back is a pain.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#17115 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
Is it possible to move a grave from one residential lot to another without making a duplicate of it?
I wanna give the Goths a new home and still keep their graveyard, but putting the graves into someone's inventory, moving them into the bin and moving them into another house will place them on the ground when first loaded, and the inventory will be filled with nameless graves, that I'm pretty sure will cause corruption if I delete them. Would giving them as gifts between sims work?

First save your game then move them to a community lot by placing them in someone inventory then go to the community lot then place them down.
Then go back to home lot and check your inventory, you should not see any of them there, now save your game again.
Move your sims to the new lot and get it set up like you like it then save and go to the community lot and pick up the graves again then go home and place the graves down and there should not be any in your inventory and save again.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#17116 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 2:25 AM
Guess I should combine all my stuffs:
Originally Posted by Sunrader:
Question: What is it in the routing that makes some sims walk into a community lot and walk straight behind the counter. In some lots, I can block in the bartender or whoever back there, but in one, I can't. because the all-in-one-dishwasher guy needs to come out to clean. I guess I could put the dw somewhere else, but that looks silly. Any other ways to fix it? Something with the routing that makes them head straight there?..........
I bet the reason is the same one that makes any Sim I'm trying to greet make a bee-line for the farthest place on the lot!...which is often the kitchen of a restaurant or behind a counter ..("I'm hiding, leave me alone!"
====================

Originally Posted by Orphalesion:
I started default replacing stuff about a year ago, and hair is the one thing I replace least, so far I've only replaced the most hideous maxis hairs, those I didn't use at all.
I "like" the horrible hair also. What I hate (and defaulted) was that all the Maxis BLACK hair looks grey!
===============================
BluAlien and why Sim got a notice that they were fired, but they still had the job:
I wonder if that's because of the secondary aspiration choices: my Sims can click through Get promotion to Beg for Job, and that will happen.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
#17117 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama

My Sim Graveyard IS a residential lot and it has more than 50 named gravestones on it. I've not run into ANY problems moving them there. That lot is run by two Servos so I shouldn't have to worry about them ever dying off. :-)
Here's what I do:
1) After a Sim dies, I put the urn/tombstone into the inventory of someone else on the lot. I save the lot.
2) I exit that lot and enter the cemetery lot.
3) Using whatever method (transporter bush, Insimenator, etc), I summon the person who has the urn/gravestone to that cemetery lot.
4) I make that person selectable, remove the tombstone from their inventory, and place it where I want it to be on the cemetery lot.
5) I make that person unselectable, dismiss them from the cemetery lot and save it.
DONE!

I also save pictures of each deceased at their last two life stages (usually adult and elder) and have those displayed over the tombstones so I can have some memory of who those Sims were.
The attached picture shows one part of the residential cemetery lot with 26 graves and their associated portraits.

In your case, bring a visitor (preferably someone who lives on a lot elsewhere) to the Goth's lot, make them selectable, place the graves in their inventory, make them unselectable, send them away and save. Then move the Goths to their new home. summon that visitor again, make them selectable, remove the graves from their inventory, deselect them, place the graves where you want them and save. That should be all you need to do.
Screenshots

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Scholar
#17118 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 10:21 AM Last edited by Tleilaxu3 : 26th Jan 2019 at 10:52 AM.
Thought I'd ask this question here before posting in the "Help" section :
I recently downloaded 3 very old lots.

Normally I stay say from them, but these looked intriguing.
The lots are from here at MTS; and they are : 'Area 51' , 'Marauder' , and 'Quonset' .

I have a somewhat older backup of my present hood--- but was wondering if there's corruption, and should I be replacing the most recent hood ?

When exiting the game... I found in the Documents folder under EA Games and inside the Sims 2 folder ---a folder called " HTTPCache " ?
This folder was empty and I deleted it from the EA games ( Doc. folder).

Have never seen this before -- in my Documents folder.
(Went into the folder to delete some unnecessary custom content.)

A bit worried as I'm fearing my game has been corrupted and will I need to replace with a backup game ?
Thanks in advance for any advice.

" Inama Nushif "
Instructor
#17119 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 11:01 AM Last edited by DrewInTheSky : 26th Jan 2019 at 12:19 PM.
Guys, please, I know the word corruption might sound scary but there's no need to assume the worse when there's something odd going on in the game (nothing against your post Tleilaxu3, it's just a generic consideration)... There's a useful guide to understand what's dangerous and not normal in the game and what might just be a glitch, a one time error or a bad piece of cc here . Anyway, I understand the concern - I get paranoid too, when downloading CC from 2005!

First of all, if you ever decide to use a back up, make sure you move/cut/delete/add to archive the files you mean to replace, never copy paste your old files on the new ones - that's something that can seriously compromise both your hood and your game settings. It's better to have a whole back up of the "The Sims 2" folder but, depending on the reason why you need an old save state, it's ok just to make a copy of the "Neighborhoods" folder or of a specific hoods.

The game tips pop up is actually managed by a file (which should be "NeighborhoodManager" inside the "Neighborhood" folder) that, if erased, restore the default game tips. Once you open a lot after deleting it, you'll be able to choose if you'd like to keep the Game tips on or deactivate them. If you wish to reset them or you want them off and they're on for any reason, just open the "Option" panel, find the "Game tip Encyclopedia" and click on the curved arrow on the right - you'll get the pop up again and you'll be able to deactivate them permanently.

The HTTP cache is a folder that I haven't seen in a while in my game - I'm not sure if it's related to the exchange or to the default package installation software. Silly question: how did you install the lots you downloaded from MTS?

Anyway, your game, according to what you wrote, seems fine to me if you have any other issues we might have to dig deeper, but atm you're corruption free!
Top Secret Researcher
#17120 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 12:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrewInTheSky
Guys, please, I know the word corruption might sound scary but there's no need to assume the worse when there's something odd going on in the game (nothing against your post Tleilaxu3, it's just a generic consideration)... There's a useful guide to understand what's dangerous and not normal in the game and what might just be a glitch, a one time error or a bad piece of cc here . Anyway, I understand the concern - I get paranoid too, when downloading CC from 2005!

First of all, if you ever decide to use a back up, make sure you move/cut/delete/add to archive the files you mean to cancel, never copy paste your old files on the new ones - that's comething that can seriously compromise both your hood and your game settings. It's better to have a whole back up of the "The Sims 2" folder but, depending on the reason why you need to go back, it's ok just to make a copy of the "Neighborhoods" folder or of a specific hoods.

The game tips pop up is actually managed by a file (which should be "NeighborhoodManager" inside the "Neighborhood" folder) that, if erased, restore the default game tips. Once you open a lot after deleting it, you'll be able to choose if you'd like to keep the Game tips on or deactivate them. If you wish to reset them or you want them off and they're on for any reason, just open the "Option" panel, find the "Game tip Encyclopedia" and click on the curved arrow on the right - you'll get the pop up again and you'll be able to deactivate them permanently.

The HTTP cache is a folder that I haven't seen in a while in my game - I'm not sure if it's related to the exchange or to the default package installation software. Silly question: how did you install the lots you downloaded from MTS?

Anyway, your game, according to what you wrote, seems fine to me if you have any other issues we might have to dig deeper, but atm you're corruption free!

In my game it is "HTTPCache", but since it is an empty folder I have just been ignoring it. Empty folders can't do anything after all.

I am thinking it likely came from the default package installation software, I don't have access to the Clean Installer and I have not Downloaded anything from the exchange for this game set up, it is too new, so not the exchange I think.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Instructor
#17121 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
In my game it is "HTTPCache", but since it is an empty folder I have just been ignoring it. Empty folders can't do anything after all.

Not only that but also, the game, regenerates the files needed on its own, if something goes missing. If for some reason, the game can put those files in place, it means there's something wrong.
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
I am thinking it likely came from the default package installation software, I don't have access to the Clean Installer and I have not Downloaded anything from the exchange for this game set up, it is too new, so not the exchange I think.

Indeed, that's what I assumed since I've always used the CleanInstaller that folder hasn't been in my game for years.
Scholar
#17122 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 1:09 PM
The HTTPCache folder is generated whenever you open the Credits, delete it or leave it, doesn't matter.
Lab Assistant
#17123 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 5:20 PM
I keep getting errors thrown by the stray controller for some reason. There's a single generated stray in my hood, and no others seem to be generating because I assume every time it attempts to do that, it results in an error.

That's everything the error really contains, a bit stumped. It doesn't affect gameplay, the errors are just a tad annoying. Any way I could force generate/create my own strays to potentially fix this?
Mad Poster
#17124 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TuxxedoCat
I keep getting errors thrown by the stray controller for some reason. There's a single generated stray in my hood, and no others seem to be generating because I assume every time it attempts to do that, it results in an error.

That's everything the error really contains, a bit stumped. It doesn't affect gameplay, the errors are just a tad annoying. Any way I could force generate/create my own strays to potentially fix this?

If you do not have BO's No Sim Loaded mod then I would get it and see if it can fix that broken token. http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=7875.0

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Scholar
#17125 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 9:13 PM
Great ! Thanks , everyone for your help !

I did open the credits... kind of funny to see the names of some of the creators walking around in the hood as npc's (I use 'no townie regen').
As far as the older lots... generally speaking, the lots from here at MTS haven't caused an issue.

I open the lots with WinRar, each in a separate folder on the desktop.

As a general rule, I check the lots -- after installing into my game .
Then I'll exit, and usually delete the extra CC that shows up in my downloads folder--- as I have more than enough that I keep.
Along with the important hacks.

What freaked me out was that while looking closely at a lot I'd downloaded while playing... suddenly I was super close up to the building and was unable to scroll back for the wider view. So I put the game on the taskbar using Alt. Tab. ...and yes, the game had crashed.
Just deleted that lot.
Played again and things went smoothly.

" Inama Nushif "
Page 685 of 1339