Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 3:29 PM
Default Explosive fat morph
I noticed that the chest was weirdly sunken on the fat morph of the TM towel mesh with sexy feet. So I cut the top part off and replaced it with the TM naked mesh's top part. I made sure I lined up all the vertices and I have no face count mismatch, but the fat morph explodes every time. I haven't touched the normal morph.

Can anyone help me, please?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 8:49 PM
Meshes are very finicky when it comes to morphs as they need to have the exact same vertices as the base mesh. I was taught that you should always make any big-ish changes you want to the base mesh/ 'normal' morph, copy/paste that one for fat and pregnant morphs and then basically don't do anything to the morphs but scooching vertices around. This is the safest way to avoid exploding morphs, but it is a lot work, because it means you have to redo your morphs every time you change the base mesh. It is possible to make changes to the morphs directly, but then you would have to replicate the exact same steps for the base mesh and all the morphs. Which might end up giving you an exploding mesh anyway, especially if you try more complex things.

If the original towel mesh does not have the sunken chest problem, I think the easiest way would be to take the original mesh and just redo the sexy feet (on the base mesh and the two morphs, making sure to do the exact same steps for each). As I said, this method isn't as safe, but since the feet do not change with the morphs and it is not that big of an edit, you should be alright.

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 1:57 AM
Never actually checked the original, non sexy feet, mesh. Hopefully it doesn't have the problem, thanks.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 9:33 AM
Original mesh has the problem too. DX
Field Researcher
#5 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 2:45 PM
Ugh, well that makes things more complicated. I'm honestly not quite sure what the best course of action would be in this case. Theoretically, you could go more or less the route you tried at first. Replace the top of the mesh with the TM naked top mesh, but you'd have to do it for the base mesh and the morphs. This should work, but as I said before, the more complex the changes the higher the risk of messing up somewhere and the mesh exploding. Or you could try manually fixing the fat morph. You could import the TM naked mesh as a reference and move the vertices that are out of place back where they belong. If the chest isn't too badly messed up, I think I would go with latter.

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal
Mad Poster
#6 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 2:56 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 18th Nov 2018 at 1:59 PM.
Check if there's a second skeleton imported. If you see two of any bone, you need to reimport the mesh over a working skeleton.

Explanation for why meshes sometimes "blow up":
Morphs not only need to have the same number of vertices, but the vertices need to be in the relative same spot on the mesh. Vertices have numbers, so vertex 1 on the mesh corresponds to vertex 1 on the morph, and so on. When you cut and paste on either mesh, the vertices get assigned different numbers. So when vertex 1 on the mesh is on the left shoulder, and suddenly corresponds to vertex 1 on the right foot of the morph, you get a big mess of vertices looking like they've exploded.

So yeah - making all the changes to the original mesh ,and then copying it and making the morph(s) by moving the vertices around is usually the way to go (you may need to delete the bone assignments on the morph).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 10:00 AM
Thanks!

I tried replacing the normal and the fat mesh … and it exploded. XD So I imported the fat morph and aligned the vertices together with the buggered fat morph and it worked! PITA mesh lol.