Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 2:46 PM
Default Hood Aesthetic
What aesthetic would you say your hood has, and what is it based on? For example, mine is mediterranean, and is based partially on Ericeira and Lisbon Portugal, as well as some parts of Greece and Italy.

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emperor Crat
What aesthetic would you say your hood has, and what is it based on? For example, mine is mediterranean, and is based partially on Ericeira and Lisbon Portugal, as well as some parts of Greece and Italy.

Mine is California and mostly Southern California. Southern California is where I live and Strangetown is most like Southern California and the other Neighborhoods are other parts of California.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Link Ninja
#3 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 3:34 PM
Mine is like west coast USA, but very condensed. Kashmire Point is a generic beach/boardwalk town in Southern California, Pandora equates to Death Valley/Vegas, Memosa Bay is like Portland, Scandalica City like one of the big California cities like Los Angeles.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

#4 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 3:36 PM
Mine are always based on the northeast. Lots of trees and cozy houses close to one another with a small town ambiance if it's more of a interior looking map. It it has a water view i tend to go towards more of a coastal Maine vibe.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 4:36 PM
My current hood is Pleasantview because I'm doing a challenge and don't see it as a permanent hood.

The hood I want to put together, and in fact did put together once, is very large and has different zones with their own aesthetic. I'm redoing it because I don't like some of what I did in setting it up, and I don't like how I initially populated it. Since I hadn't even finished one round of play before starting the challenge I'm doing now, I plan to scrap it and start over. It had zones that represented different areas, with a shopping center in each zone. There were areas that were South American, Mediterranean, Tropical, Mountain, Beachy, Rural, European, and a Gypsy encampment. Anomalies in my game don't bother me, so if one zone has a very old-style market and one has a more modern grocery, I'm fine with it.

I tend not to use subhoods much for some reason, except for University. After reading about Little Carping, I'm rethinking that a bit, but I just tend to include the subhood type things I use in my regular hood.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 5:31 PM
Industrial brick, factory town for the neighbourhood I'm playing now- I'm thinking north of England.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 12:11 AM
I never thought much about basing my neighborhood on an actual region. I have a tropical coastline (where it sometimes snows), a pine forest on the hill at the base of an uninhabited mountain, and a generic flat area between with trees that change colors with the season-- all on one tiny little island where Sims can walk less than an hour to visit one another.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Theorist
#8 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 4:07 AM
I don't think I based mine on any given RL area. However, I'm sure that what I do use/ build is heavily influenced by what is familiar to me such as southern Cali and north Texas. However, my southern Cali isn't desert area, more beaches and grassy areas (though they may not of had water so it's dead grassy areas .. lol).