Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Majors Made Easier

by FrikaC Posted 1st Dec 2005 at 10:49 AM - Updated 29th Sep 2011 at 6:32 AM by FrikaC : Clarified some of the text

144 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 126 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 6
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 11:53 AM
Oooooooooooh, I can't wait to test this one, FrikaC!

I thought you'd long disappeared and were never coming back!

Have you read the info that us, *ahem*, Beta-testers put in the old thread? I mentioned some issues that I encountered with the old hack causing vampires to guzzle down any - and ALL - love potions they had in their Inventories, one after the other. It seemed to cause a vamp to do this regardless of whether or not their was a Moneywell PC on the Lot - just having the Hack active in the Downloads folder was sufficient for it to trigger this.

I'm REALLY hoping this new Pennant version won't cause that problem, and I shall go and test it right away.

Many thanks. I'll report back if it causes that problem.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 12:01 PM
I read that, but I'm at a loss as to how or why the old hack would or could do something like that. The only potential cause is my old hack replaced some code or tweaking values needed for Vamps, but the code was private and I only touched TTAs and TTAB beyond it. So really, I don't see how...the only way I could possibly even imagine it could happen is with another hack conflicting with MajorsMadeEasy in some way. Two hacks working together could cause that kind of weirdness.

This version is much more private, so if something was getting overwritten in the older version, it probably won't be with this. No promises though.

I didn't test that particular bug on my game as I don't have any vampire sims in my NL game and I'm actively trying to avoid them just based upon some of the threads I've seen. However normal sims with love potions didn't guzzle them down automatically, if that's any consolation.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 3:41 PM
Oh my God you are a genius! thanks
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 3:51 PM
Thanks, now I can use custom majors without trying to figure out how to get SimPE to work for me. THANKS!!!
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#6 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 4:50 PM
Thanks Frika- I'll be linking my majors to this page

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate
Inventor
#7 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 5:29 PM
Thanks, now I can use custom majors without trying to figure out how to get SimPE to work for me. THANKS!!!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 8:28 PM
yaaaaay. Modeling! Thank you! ^_^
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 8:37 PM
what is the Mod the Sims 2 major about?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 9:11 PM
Like, oh, my, GAWD, I am SO testing this out. Thanks FrikaC!

"And I asked myself about the present: how wide it was, how deep it was, how much was mine to keep." Kurt Vonnegut Jr., Slaughterhouse-Five
Scholar
#11 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 10:45 PM
thanks for making this ok to use with NL :D
i really liked my Sims having more choice what they study
Test Subject
#12 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 11:32 PM
sweet as awesome
Field Researcher
#13 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 11:54 PM
Thanks so much I hate having to use Simpe.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 2nd Dec 2005 at 12:50 AM
Would Download, But Don't Have Any EPs :mad:

Ready, Set, Build!
Test Subject
#15 Old 2nd Dec 2005 at 7:17 PM
cool deal!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 3rd Dec 2005 at 3:52 AM
I Like your Majors Made Easier!!!!.... :sniper: Thanx.... :devil: :devil2: :flamer:
Test Subject
#17 Old 4th Dec 2005 at 7:04 AM
omg, thank you!!!!! :D

You can find my lots and other creations on TSR.
Proud member of TSRAA and S2HBAA. :)
Field Researcher
#18 Old 5th Dec 2005 at 1:52 AM
It rocks, it rocks, it rocks! :gidea: Should I get into the line of making Uni majors, I shall do as Superfly suggested and link back to this page. Thanks a ton for making this and especially for updating it. :*)

~JJ~
Looking for a forum to host your creations? Let's talk. PM me or email me from my site below.

Check out Lucentsims :*) And our forums.
Test Subject
#19 Old 10th Dec 2005 at 7:56 AM
Cool...it's fantasty! GOOD IDEA MY FRIEND! ^^

I thinkin about sims 2. Clik Clik
Test Subject
#20 Old 18th Dec 2005 at 1:55 AM
so cool, thanks!

Fudge
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 19th Dec 2005 at 1:52 AM
wow you're awesome. and how sweet of you to help your land lady! :p

~Rave
Field Researcher
#22 Old 22nd Dec 2005 at 6:25 PM
Horray! Now I get to suck peoples blood with the vampire major!

Link here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=113692

i'm not mean
you're just stupid
http://reronaville.myminicity.com/
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#23 Old 22nd Dec 2005 at 6:54 PM
THANKYOU!!! have been waiting for this! Remember the comment about "the illiterate" I put in a Pm? Well that will annoy me much less now!!!
Thankyou!!
Of course the fact that my game is so messed around that the old hack worked with my NL has nothing to do with it... THANKYOU!!!!

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 4:14 PM Last edited by FreakyRufus : 23rd Dec 2005 at 4:45 PM. Reason: found my problem
I can't see this in my game. Is it possible the GUID conflicts with something else? Does it require any specific other mods or objects be installed?

Edit: never mind, I found it. It was under Decorative->Wall Hangings, not under Decorative->Misc in my game
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#25 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 4:31 PM
Do you mean you can't find the penant? I expect FrikaC can tell you where to find it, and I know this is the most annoying thing to be asked, but better safe than sorry - have you got custom content switched on?

Majors Made Easier is a completely independant hack, so no, you don't need anything else, except University which I see you have.

I'll try REALLY hard not to hijack your thread FrikaC!!!

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Page 1 of 6