Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Secret Society Career - The Order - v.1.2

by trevlyn13 Posted 13th Oct 2006 at 8:55 AM - Updated 14th Oct 2006 at 2:48 PM by trevlyn13

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
#2 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 10:20 AM
Can you write a little bit more about the pay and what the levels names are?
Otherwise this sounds good.

//HB

♥Adam Ant♥
No, I don't take request at the moment
11/7 -09 My beautiful niece was born!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 12:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hardy boyz
Can you write a little bit more about the pay and what the levels names are?
I was already playing with the career so I figured I'd save the info as I went along trevlyn13, for your first career this is pretty wicked! Thanks very much for sharing! If you want to take these pics for your initial post go ahead I don't mind If I posted too much info I'm sorry in advance Just tell me to remove the pics and I will k? Just tryin to help

And here are the promotion descriptions

Field Researcher
#4 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 3:17 PM
Awesome career. Thanks for sharing

I'm going to stop modding the sims 2.
Test Subject
#5 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 4:26 PM
i like this- granted the whole 'nation security 'incidents'' part was a little too political and reminiscent of the bohemian grove, but still... good job man
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 4:28 PM
no way this is your first carreer! I've seen experienced people making carreers a lot worse than this one! CON-GRATS! thanks for uploading and by the way: I'll bet there's more where this came from this is great for a first carreer!

*downloads*

http://www.freewebs.com/barneythegoldfish My monthly webcomic about a Goldfish and his adventures in a fishbowl..
http://www.freewebs.com/raikasims2/ my own SIMS 2 site, where some stuff is already up, but cooler stuff will be available soon ..Mesher(s) wanted, but not needed..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 4:37 PM
Wow, thanks for all the positive response. I wanted to integrate some running themes into the careers I plan on making (Simustan, the SLF, etc), so that everything would feel a little more cohesive. I tried to make any issues as abstract as possible so that it would fit into the sim-ish world.

Oh, and thanks to kitanazworld for getting all those screenshots. I'm glad everyone is enjoying the career so far.
Test Subject
#8 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by trevlyn13
I wanted to integrate some running themes into the careers I plan on making

You're planning on releasing more careers for us? Fantastic I'm looking forward to adding them to my game.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 6:09 PM
I love this! I can't wait to see the other careers you are planning on making! Thanks so much for sharing!

Visit Fashion Sims for awesome clothing for all of your sims!
Test Subject
#10 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 6:58 PM
Two words:

TOTAL...AWESOMENESS!

STOP MISUNDERESTIMATING ME!!!!

DAMN IT!
Test Subject
#11 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 1:56 AM
just wondering *twitch* did you happen to get this idea from a series of books by Libba Bray? With a *twitch* girl named Jemma......Doyle......................if you did....i humbly worship you, for all your holiness and taste in books.

*Gone Crazy...Be Back Soon*
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 3:19 AM
hey superfly he is right the 2nd link doesn't work,and he is trying to make you smile too lol i'll be back to d/l after the correction on career is made
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 3:40 AM
Dude, I don't download custom careers, but I think I need this one. Fix it quickly so I can have it, too!! =P

Hide all Maxis objects {|} Hide CAS screen objects {|} Want to be a real mermaid?{|} icon by yumehito

Ich schrei in die Nacht für Dich...
Test Subject
#14 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 4:05 AM
This looks awesome, I'll definitely be back for it once everything's sorted out. =D
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 5:40 AM
Thanks man, this is cool.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 7:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by trevlyn13
Oh, and thanks to kitanazworld for getting all those screenshots. I'm glad everyone is enjoying the career so far.
Ur welcome
I dunno why the link wouldn't work, but it's the right one. SuperFly created it. It's titled "FYI- The ‘ridiculously large amount of career reward money’ glitch plus fix"
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=167814
Good luck fixing it!
Mad Poster
#17 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 10:09 AM
trevlyn13 - this looks like so much fun! I'm bookmarking the site and will download as soon as you can fix the bug Superfly referenced. Is the career written so that women are also inducted into the "brotherhood" as "brothers"?

Kitanazworld - Thanks so much for the screenshots, without those I wouldn't have a clue why this career was so appealing.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 11:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kitanazworld
Ur welcome
I dunno why the link wouldn't work, but it's the right one. SuperFly created it. It's titled "FYI- The ‘ridiculously large amount of career reward money’ glitch plus fix"
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=167814
Good luck fixing it!

that one does work hope you get it fixed soon i am holding off playing game until i can try this career out thanks for working on it
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 1:23 PM
Good luck with fixing it, it looks great so far
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 2:47 PM
Okay. I think I have everything fixed, and have uploaded the new version as 1.2. Please download this repaired version and just overwrite the previous one. I smushed kitanazworld's screenshots into two spoiler pictures included with the main post. Thanks for doing those, they were a huge help. If anyone has any questions or suggestions about this career, I would love to hear them so I can make any more needed fixes/improvements. Thanks for the support!

Oh, and gender for all the positions/chance cards should be correct.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 5:27 PM Last edited by hotrod50s : 14th Oct 2006 at 7:27 PM. Reason: added test results
coolness i'll get back after i try it out,and let you know either way

cool this works great in my game i have everything except pets ep so it does seem to be fixed it worked with no problems for me excellent job.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 5:08 PM
So cool! Can't wait to play it. Thanks!

Kat
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 9:19 PM
I can't wait to try this in my game! Off to download now.

Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Test Subject
#24 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 4:36 PM
very cool career, well done!

Fudge
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 2:23 AM
Wow, this looks great. I'm gonna go play this now, and like everyone else,
I'm looking forward to your next creation. Thanks!
Page 1 of 2