Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 1:38 AM
From what I can see, the three pets (Bandit, Esmeralda and Lucky) were tired, and were looking for a place where to nap, and decided to jump on a sofa or bench.

But when I compared your error logs with the original BHAVs from Seasons (I see from your profile that you have Seasons), I realized that there was something wrong: I think that you have in your Downloads a hack related to sleeping and napping (perhaps one of the several existing "Sleep on community lots"). I myself created one recently...
Do you have such a hack? If so, is it by chance my one? -

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 10:43 PM Last edited by ang41187 : 13th Aug 2007 at 4:34 AM.
I checked, and I did have a community lot sleeping mod, but it wasn't yours. It was the one from DJS Sims, not realizing it wasn't compatible with Seasons. I deleted it & am now downloading yours. First I'll test my game w/o either of them & see what happens. If everything goes good, I'll put in your mod & see what happens then & let you know. If something still goes wrong, I guess I'll just have to keep looking.

I also have your no z's while sleeping mod, and two mods from simlogical: one that makes todders sleep through the night, and another that makes elders sleep through the night. Do you think any of those could be affecting it?

EDIT: I just put your version in there & everything seems to be working fine. Thanks!

PS: I love your work!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 11:12 PM
No, the last two mods you mention shouldn't harm. As for replacing DJS' mod with mine, the procedure you describe is definitely the safest one.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#29 Old 23rd Oct 2007 at 5:41 PM Last edited by dj kill41 : 23rd Oct 2007 at 5:53 PM.
Default Gosub Problems
i am usually playing my game with my custom content then i ask my sim to walk over and use the content (in recent cases the guns from sims 2 workshop) and it comes up with an error when he uses it if i reset it it happens again if i delete it my sim dissapears i cant actually play sims 2 now apart from building

i have fully patched my original, uni and NL expansions and have been trying to figure out whats causing this or ages which is why i havent uploaded anything

Please help me

(detail)
my sim walks over to the gun and picks it up (its cloned from fingerprint scanner) he then uses it and sometimes not only do i get bad gosub but it jumps to the end of the animation aswell
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Logs.rar (176.1 KB, 37 downloads) - View custom content

/|\ DJ Killa 1 /|\ Paradise perfected
|__________ |
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 12:33 AM
dj kill41 - The problem is not related to the gun, but to an hack that you have in your downloads and you shouldn't: the MQ_Werewolf_Transformer.package (it's a mod that requires Pets in order to work, and you don't have Pets). Delete it and hopefully your game will be back to normality.

Test Subject
#31 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 2:25 PM
Default search
ive just found one but it wasnt in my downloads folder i must have put it manually in the game but its called MQ_Werewolf_Transformer_Controller
so ive deleted it and am now testing my game.

/|\ DJ Killa 1 /|\ Paradise perfected
|__________ |
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 8:17 PM
Warning, there might be TWO "werewolf" files...

Test Subject
#33 Old 26th Oct 2007 at 10:48 PM Last edited by atra03 : 26th Oct 2007 at 11:01 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
From what I can see, the three pets (Bandit, Esmeralda and Lucky) were tired, and were looking for a place where to nap, and decided to jump on a sofa or bench.

But when I compared your error logs with the original BHAVs from Seasons (I see from your profile that you have Seasons), I realized that there was something wrong: I think that you have in your Downloads a hack related to sleeping and napping (perhaps one of the several existing "Sleep on community lots"). I myself created one recently...
Do you have such a hack? If so, is it by chance my one? -

I have the same problem and it really IS problematic for me as I'm doing the Poverty Challenge. (Went through the FAQs and I've isolated it to just my Objects folder, it really counts if you keep them organized, so my hacks/mods are clean. I even scanned them with the Hack Conflict Detection Utility, no conflicts detected).

So Mom came home and her energy was depleted and wanted to sleep but then the jumping occurred and she got reset which is a bad thing cause her motives went up. >.< I think my toddler did the same thing too. (They're the only ones in the lot, Toddler and Mom) But I really don't know how to isolate the problem cause there's only two things in the lot, the Floor Blanket and Floor Mattress (either by you or Atavera or Squinge I think, I don't remember who/where I downloaded it from), which work perfectly fine.

I'm thinking to just delete those two objects then try again but I really don't think it's them cause they work fine.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Logs.rar (25.1 KB, 28 downloads) - View custom content
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#34 Old 27th Oct 2007 at 12:46 AM
You have the same problem and I have the same answer: what I read from your log is not compatible with the original Maxis code; therefore, there must be a hack or mod that is creating an interference...

I checked the files:
- atavera_babyblanket.package
- atavera_FloorMattressSingle_NoEPs.package
- atavera_FloorbedDouble.package
- atavera_FloorBlanket_V2_1.package
and they all seem unable to cause such conflict; try examining again your Downloads folder, in search of something "dangerous"...

Test Subject
#35 Old 27th Oct 2007 at 10:28 PM
I'll be at the FAQs. Thanks for answering my question!
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 21st Dec 2007 at 7:57 AM
I just wanted to thank you so much for this. I've been having this issue with my legacy family and spending hours sorting through my cc to clear it up but it's kept returning. Most recently it was with the twins when each returned from college to separate homes. Both had constant jumping, couldn't do anything at all autonomously, and had sinking pets. I cleared up the first sister by combing my cc but with no download folder it persisted for the second. I followed your instructions, skimmed the error log, and discovered it was an issue with a MAXIS bed. Lo and behold both sisters had the same bed, different recolors, that they had brought home from college. I am not a modder so I'm not sure exactly what went wrong where, but deleting the offending bed worked and I've had no recurrence. I can only assume something got corrupted in their move from college to home. Thank you for making an easy-to-understand thread to help dummies like me :D
Test Subject
#37 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 12:09 AM
Default Incomplete sims jump bug
I've read that sometimes when you package a sim it doesn't fully transfer. and it creates a jump bug. But i would like to be sure that this is in fact thr problem. I have read the logs as instructed. thank you for your time in helping us with this matter. but could you take a look at my error. I imaging they are all the same. so just this one? If you could tell me what it is trying to tell me.
Because i get this one all the time. And I do take the time to read and do everything you guys instruct before bothering to bother you with this petty stuff. But this will continue to be a problem i feel even when i start from scratch. I have whoo hoo and dbpf for macs. I have a mac buy the way. i spend alot of time deleting character files and modifying when i can.

at May 4 2007,03:00:52

Object id: 297
name: N014_User00049 - Bellatrix Lestrang
Stack size: 10
Error: Missing neighbor for data access.
Iterations: 1
Frame 9:
Stack Object id: 1619
Node: 3
Tree: id 1074 name 'Attraction - EP2 - Attraction Gender Preference Check' version -32741
from global
Prim state: 0
Params: 1619 177 Locals: 0 0 0 0 0
Frame 8:
Node: 2
Tree: id 1067 name 'Attraction - EP2 - Attraction Capable?' version -32744
from global
Params: 1619 177 1 Locals: 0
Frame 7:
Node: 32
Tree: id 8204 name 'Idle - Attraction Idles' version -32745
from IdleGlobals
Params: 1 Locals: 50 0 99 0
Frame 6:
Stack Object id: 99
Stack Object name: Idle - System
Node: 19
Tree: id 8196 name 'Idle - Animate - Idle Overlay' version -32717
from IdleGlobals
Params: 1 Locals: 0 0 0
Frame 5:
Stack Object id: 99
Stack Object name: Idle - System
Node: 5
Tree: id 8192 name 'Event - Animation Blending Out' version -32726
from IdleGlobals
Params: 9997 99 70 1 0 Locals: 0
Frame 4:
Stack Object id: 0
Node: 0
Tree: id -1 name 'No behavior' version 0
from
Prim state: 1
Params: Locals:
Frame 3:
Stack Object id: 297
Stack Object name: N014_User00049 - Bellatrix Lestrang
Node: 2
Tree: id 281 name 'Wait For Notify' version 8
from global
Params: 11 0 Locals:
Frame 2:
Node: 7
Tree: id 8283 name 'Function - Main - Loop' version 96
from PersonGlobals
Params: 6 20 1 Locals: 0
Frame 1:
Node: 6
Tree: id 8193 name 'Function - Main' version 109
from PersonGlobals
Params: Locals: 6 20 0
Frame 0:
Node: 1
Tree: id 4096 name 'Function - Main' version 2
from TemplatePerson
Params: Locals:
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 1:08 AM
The error shown in your log seems caused by your sim lacking the needed info about his gender (Male/Female).
I don't know how this could happen... When you pack a sim, as for as I know, only the external look and DNA is actually packed; once installed in the game, the packed sim is put in the sims bin, and when you pick the sim and put him in a lot, the game should create all the needed info for the game to correctly manage him.

I'm sorry, but I can't be more specific and helpful: though I could understand what is the problem, I don't know its cause, nor how to fix it...

Lab Assistant
#39 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 1:17 AM
Ugh.. I just installed freetime & now I'm getting a ton of errors! I wish I knew how do read these things so I could figure out what's wrong on my own. Can anyone help me?
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Logs.rar (351.0 KB, 40 downloads) - View custom content
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#40 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 1:12 AM
Whe you said "a ton" of errors, I thought you were jocking, but your rar is full of error logs!

99% of the errors are causeby an non-compatible hack in your Downloads folder. It might be my "No zzZZ while sleeping", that used to cause the "Missing Effect Name" error in FT; now it has been updated (LINK).
If you don't use this hack, then you must have another hack in your Downloads that is the culprit: you have to find it yourself.

In addition, there is an object named "Tampon Controller" that seems not compatible with FT and is causing an error. Ask the creator to update it.

Lab Assistant
#41 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 5:18 AM
Well, I didn't know which ones to put in there, so I figured I'd put them all in there. Better to be safe than sorry, right?

You were right, it was your no zzzs while sleeping hack! works fine now.

As for the Tampon Controller, it's by Smonaff, who hasn't been on since April of 07. (at least that's when their last uploaded item was. (and from the looks or their posts, they weren't on much longer than that.) but I think i only had one problem with that, and I haven't seen any errors since then.

I've always seemed to have an error with my cat when I've got it selected though. Is it just because of the fact that my cat is selected, or something else? (sorry for all the questions, I just have no clue how to read these things...I tried & got confuzzled )
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Logs.rar (89.8 KB, 30 downloads) - View custom content
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#42 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 9:06 AM
I'm not 100% sure why this happens...

The culprit seems an object named "Social Download Test"; this is a test object that came with the base game, used to force the sims to give "Super Duper Hugs" to other sims (???). I don't remember to have ever seen it before.
When active, this cheat object tries to includes the menu "DEBUG - Super Duper Hug" when clicking on a sim; if the destination sim or the currently selected sim is a pet, this causes an error (because the pets have different motives than humans).

I don't know how you activated this test object... Have you spawned it using the testing cheats? Or maybe you have some "Enable all menus" hack?

Lab Assistant
#43 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 7:03 PM
I don't have the enable all menus, but I do have the testingcheats active. The only thing I've spawned is the memory manager though.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#44 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 9:01 AM
I always play with the testingCheats active, and also the cheat that makes pets selectable, and I never had such an error; on the other hand, I never used the memory manager; I'm not sure if it can be the cause of your problem, but try removing it...

Lab Assistant
#45 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 3:47 AM
Ok, I'll try that & let you know. I also remembered that I have the social debug on (I wanted to see what it did) and was wondering if that might have something to do with it? I tried turning it off, but I don't know how.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 3:55 PM
Social debug? What's that?

Lab Assistant
#47 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 7:01 PM
It's one of the options that shows up when you shift-click on a sim when you've got the testing cheats enabled. Taking out the memory manager didn't seem to do anything. I was trying to avoid taking out all my mods, but it looks like I just might have to do that.
Test Subject
#48 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 10:28 PM
I have been having the "endless loading" problem, and went through the steps to figure out the cause. Apparently, it's "JobData - Adult - Athletics". The problem is, I've combed through my downloads folder and cannot find anything like this...Is the name that's displayed in the error message and log the name of the .package file?

Or, since it looks like it's a career path, is it possible that this could be caused by a game file that became corrupted for some reason?

Thanks. =)
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 7:04 PM
Removing all my mods didn't seem to do the trick for that family, but I tried opening another one that I hadn't put the social debug on & things seemed to work fine, so I guess I'll just re-create the other one. Thanks for all your help!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#50 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 1:49 AM
jigglypuffy2 - The name you see in the log ("JobData - Adult - Athletics") is the name that appears in the Object Data of the faulty object: there is no relation with the actual package name.
However, most of the custom careers are cloned from the Athletic career, and usually the creator keeps the original Object Data name: I suspect that the culprit is a custom career that you have in your Downloads.

Page 2 of 6