Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

4 Tudor dresses inspired by "The other Boleyn girl"

by marie_fay Posted 30th May 2007 at 5:52 PM

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 31st May 2007 at 11:48 PM
ooooohhhh how pretty!! i wasn't even expecting these and then i logged on and there they were, what a pleasant surprise indeed! once again the detail astounds me, can't wait to see them in-game *huggles*

New Home. Come check it out!
Instructor
#3 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 12:06 AM
These are great! Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 12:25 AM
yay.....these are really nice..also so I didn't even know they were making a movie about Anne and Mary XD...with two of my favorite actresses no less..:D..but..I can guess natalie portman is Anne..which means if I see this movie..well..
Unsocialized Homeschooler
#5 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 2:12 AM
YAY! More stuff from Marie Fay!
I saw these and thought they looked like the dresses from Shrek 3.
I thought of a Star Wars gown you missed... But I forgot what it was... :P

Anywho, these look great!
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 3:30 AM
I just got through reading "The Other Boleyn Girl" just this morning! These are v. well done. :D

Live... and Love.. Passionatly
Test Subject
#7 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 6:20 AM
Great!
Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 10:21 AM
Beautiful.
Thanks for creating/sharing.

On Hiatus.Dunno if I'll ever come back.
Alchemist
#9 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 10:38 AM
They are sensational, thank you!!!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 5:56 PM
OH goody, goody I'm so excited you made these. I have to admit I had a bit of trouble matching the headdresses with gowns I already have so these are more than perfect. I've had such fun ever since I got the headdresses, like a kid with a new toy. Only bad thing my favorite family (of course its a Tudor family) froze up on me yesterday and after 3 generations too!! gone lost... Anyhooo, I absolutely love them all. Hopefully soon someone will make a headdress for the teen girls.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 5th Jun 2007 at 6:08 PM
Beautiful dresses! Love the colours you have chosen. Very well done. Thanks for making these. Any Tudor male outfits on your list by chance? Would be great.

~:: Check out my creations at Casa Sims and at Simnuts Creations ::~
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 5th Jun 2007 at 6:24 PM
Wow, my Tudor sims are going to be much more stylish now when they are parading around Hampton Court. Thanks so much for these.

btw: I have read the book "The Other Boleyn" but never knew there was a movie. I will have to check that out as well.

--- Tatiana ---

You can find out more about my creations at the SterlingSims2 Creator's Forum Tatiana's Tea Room.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 1:09 PM
These are so lovely!I love this style of dress,it's so lady like.Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 1:50 PM Last edited by sarah9cat : 9th Jul 2007 at 1:56 PM.
Wow! They're so good...and is that picture of them together the ONLY pic you have? If so...wow, your skills are breathtaking. Amazing. Well done.

Quote: Originally posted by Tatiana Dokuchic
Wow, my Tudor sims are going to be much more stylish now when they are parading around Hampton Court. Thanks so much for these.

btw: I have read the book "The Other Boleyn" but never knew there was a movie. I will have to check that out as well.

I don't think it's out yet .

See my art here.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 2:12 PM
thanks
Well... It was the only picture I had of this gown because another picture of them wasn't usable at all... Of course I used other pictures as well and a high res version of this picture.... But the front and the sleeves are from that picture....

I'm back and sort of not... I think I'm leaving mts2 and the whole sims2 business... If anyone is interested in uploading what I've created but not uploaded so far, please contact me...
Test Subject
#16 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 8:23 AM
cooool! I'm so glad you did this, that book was really good I think im going to pick up the next one as well, the boylen inheirtance or something like that lol I can't remember anyways thanks alot! the dresses look great
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 2:57 PM
Beautiful!!! Just perfect!!
Test Subject
#18 Old 23rd Dec 2007 at 7:17 PM
i just read the other boleyn girl it ws so awesome. i love the tudors.
these are perfect ive been looking for tudor clothing for ages. and now i has found some =D

you cant leave footprints in the sand of time if your sitting on your bum. and who wants to leave bumprints in the sands of time?
Field Researcher
#19 Old 30th Dec 2007 at 7:55 AM
LOVELY! Thanks a bunch
Test Subject
#20 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 7:16 PM
Truly beautiful work! I saw that this was added back in may, so I guess you didn't have very good pictures to work from then, but now there are tons of TOBG images att costumersguide.com. (Just a little advice)
Field Researcher
#21 Old 1st May 2009 at 10:02 PM
Lovely. The mesh does not appear to mismatch the style of the time eggregiously. Thank you for these.
Test Subject
#22 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:51 AM
I'm gonna use it 4 Snow White's stepmom's clothes for my sims fairytale movie! Good job!
Test Subject
#23 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 5:09 PM
What are the chances of you making gowns like this for The Sims3?? I've been looking all over for this but haven't found any yet for TS3. Please please please!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 11:17 AM
O.M.G Because Of This You Have Become My favourite Artistm Thanks

Kind Regards,

One~Sky~One~Destiny
xxxx