Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pastoral Ministry Career [UPDATED 2 additional Versions]

by Hellsfury_25m Posted 1st Jun 2007 at 11:34 AM - Updated 3rd Mar 2011 at 6:05 PM by whiterider

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 38 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 5:34 PM
sweeeeet
Field Researcher
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 6:28 PM
Sounds detailed... good job. </>Religion</>

Username: Centerman
in The Sims 4 Gallery
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 6:45 PM
When I was younger I remember my father being a pastor. Do not pass go, go striaght to Pastorial position. I kid you not. One could easily say that a fire was lit under his butt. As for what it was? I'll tell you, a dry church.

†© Life of Bittersweet torment, why dost thou inflict me so? ©†
Field Researcher
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 8:54 PM
Hi, might I ask what religion this is based off of? I'm not familiar with what a pastor is. Is he like a priest?

Anyhow, thanks for this. It will be nice to have an official religion in my neighborhood.

Check out my site: SIMple Realty
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 10:26 PM
A priest, but without the ceremonial robes or whatnot. No white tab in the collar.
Pastor = Preacher.
As for religion - this looks like Christian, specifically Baptist, Lutheran or maybe Methodist denominations. Could be wrong though.

Instructor
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 11:33 PM
wtf? Why is there a seperate women's career path? And a seperate "women's ministry?"

That's not how it works in my church.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 5:09 AM
It seems, you have done a very good and hard job. It looks perfect. I like your new career and I am already curious to play with. Thank you very much.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 3:38 PM
Do women get paid less, too? I'm not criticizing, I'm just curious. Having a different career path for women is true to life, especially in such a field, and a lower pay scale would be, too.

coming to you directly from the mothership/make my funk the p.funk
Instructor
#10 Old 5th Jun 2007 at 1:11 AM
Not really. In most (forward thinking) churches women not only preach, they make as much as their counterparts. My mother preached. Yes, from the pulpit. My priest ordained a female priest. Yes, she preaches. Actively. In a church in Alabama. Women are not just for sitting in the pew and saying 'Amen!' to their preachers and sitting in the choir loft. We're as good if not better at preaching to the masses then men are. I think this needs to be reworked, as it's sexist and backward thinking. But that's just me - child of a *gasp* married minister team that includes a *gasp* woman!

You can keep your knight in shining armor. I'll take my country boy in turn-out gear!
Proud single mom, firefighter's girl, and beautifully imperfect person.
Avatar is me (tall girl), my Abbi (short girl in hat), and my boyfriend James (lone man) at Abbi's Kindergarten Graduation last May.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Jun 2007 at 9:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by silo pixel & bean
Do women get paid less, too? I'm not criticizing, I'm just curious. Having a different career path for women is true to life, especially in such a field, and a lower pay scale would be, too.

No, the pay is the same for men and women.

Quote: Originally posted by Chelleypie
Not really. In most (forward thinking) churches women not only preach, they make as much as their counterparts. My mother preached. Yes, from the pulpit. My priest ordained a female priest. Yes, she preaches. Actively. In a church in Alabama. Women are not just for sitting in the pew and saying 'Amen!' to their preachers and sitting in the choir loft. We're as good if not better at preaching to the masses then men are. I think this needs to be reworked, as it's sexist and backward thinking. But that's just me - child of a *gasp* married minister team that includes a *gasp* woman!

My wife and I decided to make this in accordance with our religious beliefs (i.e. women are not supposed to pastor). However I can easily make a copy of this one and modify the female side of the career. Let me know if that would interest you at all.

As a side note everyone please tell me what you think of the chance cards. My wife and I spent a good amount of time coming up with some good scenarios. I'm hoping to get some feedback, good or bad.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 5th Jun 2007 at 1:55 PM
Yeah at my church my pastor's wife does some preaching as well. When the Spirit touches her, she just let's it go. My Pastor's mother is a practicing evangelist for the church even after her husband died last year. The way she sees it is that he just went home.

Test Subject
#13 Old 5th Jun 2007 at 1:58 PM
I like this career :D

GabbyGirl2
Test Subject
#14 Old 6th Jun 2007 at 4:45 AM
Hmmmm It would be interesting to have career paths for different beliefs. At least I think so. I am an advocate for open minds and equality, however not everyone or every belief follows that. As long as they are honest in their creations, following what they believe, and harming no one, I see nothing wrong with it.

It would be very nice if you could create a version that did not seperate the two paths. Allowing men and woman to do both.

Thank you for your time.

** Uploading of my creations to other sites, copying them (altered or unaltered) and/or sharing them with others, is not permitted. ** Thank you.

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
- Nietzsche (1844-1900)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 6th Jun 2007 at 6:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by infonut
Hmmmm It would be interesting to have career paths for different beliefs. At least I think so. I am an advocate for open minds and equality, however not everyone or every belief follows that. As long as they are honest in their creations, following what they believe, and harming no one, I see nothing wrong with it.

It would be very nice if you could create a version that did not seperate the two paths. Allowing men and woman to do both.

Thank you for your time.

Well since you showed interest in having a version with parallel paths for men/women I will start making one for those that would like to use that one.

I am also currently working on a Teen Pastor career that will precede this one.

BTW: Thanks to everyone for their feedback.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 6th Jun 2007 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hellsfury_25m
Well since you showed interest in having a version with parallel paths for men/women I will start making one for those that would like to use that one.

I am also currently working on a Teen Pastor career that will precede this one.

BTW: Thanks to everyone for their feedback.

I would also love to have a version with parallel jobs for women and men. Cant wait to see it =)

“How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.” -- Oscar Wilde
Find me on: Facebook Xbox Live: Aceofblue
Test Subject
#17 Old 6th Jun 2007 at 6:00 PM
Might I suggest Worship Musician for the Teen career. I'm the drummer in my church (my dad's the Reverend) and I'd love it if my Sim was.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 6th Jun 2007 at 6:27 PM
Part of the P&W team, eh White?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th Jun 2007 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WhiteVII
Might I suggest Worship Musician for the Teen career. I'm the drummer in my church (my dad's the Reverend) and I'd love it if my Sim was.

That sounds like a good idea White, I'll add that to the Teen career. All I need to finish the Teen career is the Chance Cards and I'll post that probably by this weekend.
Quote: Originally posted by purplebookworm2
I would also love to have a version with parallel jobs for women and men. Cant wait to see it =)

I have finished this version of the career, it is listed as Pastor v2 in the attachment list.
Test Subject
#20 Old 8th Jun 2007 at 1:56 AM
I love that you have made both versions usable at the same time.

& (quoting Baskar)"A priest, but without the ceremonial robes or whatnot. No white tab in the collar.Pastor = Preacher.
As for religion - this looks like Christian, specifically Baptist, Lutheran or maybe Methodist denominations. Could be wrong though."

Much closer to Baptist(Awanna is big with the Baptists in our area)-could be Church of Christ ,Holiness or several other Christian denominations as well, but Methodists ordain women(my husband and I were married by a female Methodist minister) and Lutherans wear the collar and alb(robe) but are usually referred to as pastors instead of priests.
Not being nitpicky, though, just informative .
If there are custom outfits, is there a collar option? My stepson is in Concordia Lutheran seminary in St. Louis and I'd like to do a story with his sim using this career.

And thanks so much for this-I've read the how-to's on making careers and it's waaaay
too much work for me to even think about! Looking forward to playing this one!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 8th Jun 2007 at 12:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by msalwaysright
I love that you have made both versions usable at the same time.

& (quoting Baskar)"A priest, but without the ceremonial robes or whatnot. No white tab in the collar.Pastor = Preacher.
As for religion - this looks like Christian, specifically Baptist, Lutheran or maybe Methodist denominations. Could be wrong though."

Much closer to Baptist(Awanna is big with the Baptists in our area)-could be Church of Christ ,Holiness or several other Christian denominations as well, but Methodists ordain women(my husband and I were married by a female Methodist minister) and Lutherans wear the collar and alb(robe) but are usually referred to as pastors instead of priests.
Not being nitpicky, though, just informative .
If there are custom outfits, is there a collar option? My stepson is in Concordia Lutheran seminary in St. Louis and I'd like to do a story with his sim using this career.

And thanks so much for this-I've read the how-to's on making careers and it's waaaay
too much work for me to even think about! Looking forward to playing this one!
Well I modeled the career after my own church which is kind of a new denomination or Non-denominational as many call it, Evangelical Free Church. That's the denominational background for the career, however hopefully it isn't too specific denominational wise as that was not my goal.

As for the custom clothing, I didn't include any as I couldn't find much that really fit the career. I may however in the future decide to add some custom clothing of my own creation, which I am in the process of learning now.

Anyway try it out and let me know what you think.
Instructor
#22 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 1:44 PM
I'm sorry if I sounded harsh - I am just very defensive of my belief that women are very capable preachers and priests.

I am currently a practicing Episcopalian. I believe it's the Church of England in Britain, but I am not certain. We ordain female priests, and I'm sure someone will bring up that we ordain openly gay bishops. I was born and baptized a Catholic. I best remember being Weslayn (spelling), and my parents were Salvation Army officers. Salvationists can best be described as Methodists crossed with Evangelical ministers.

My father was raised (when he was in church) in a Church of God, my mother was raised Non-denominational.

The only churches I've encountered in this 'modern' era where women are second class are Pentecostal churches and *very* old-school Southern Baptist churches. I guess that's why I was so appalled that this career was so (to me) backward thinking. Some of St. Micheal's (my church) most active members of the clergy 'team' are women. Our Honduras ministry team is almost entirely female. Most of our LEMs are women. A LEM is a lay person entrusted with certain aspects of the worship service - helping the priest administer sacraments, for example. So I guess I took offense because women being almost second class is very unfamiliar to me. I think I might be a little woman's lib about this, because I don't think it's right. We're capable, and nowhere does the Bible say that women aren't to preach the Word.

That said, THANK YOU for being very understanding and very willing to see that side of the coin. I am downloading this, and I will try it out!

You can keep your knight in shining armor. I'll take my country boy in turn-out gear!
Proud single mom, firefighter's girl, and beautifully imperfect person.
Avatar is me (tall girl), my Abbi (short girl in hat), and my boyfriend James (lone man) at Abbi's Kindergarten Graduation last May.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 1:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chelleypie
I'm sorry if I sounded harsh - I am just very defensive of my belief that women are very capable preachers and priests.

I am currently a practicing Episcopalian. I believe it's the Church of England in Britain, but I am not certain. We ordain female priests, and I'm sure someone will bring up that we ordain openly gay bishops. I was born and baptized a Catholic. I best remember being Weslayn (spelling), and my parents were Salvation Army officers. Salvationists can best be described as Methodists crossed with Evangelical ministers.

My father was raised (when he was in church) in a Church of God, my mother was raised Non-denominational.

The only churches I've encountered in this 'modern' era where women are second class are Pentecostal churches and *very* old-school Southern Baptist churches. I guess that's why I was so appalled that this career was so (to me) backward thinking. Some of St. Micheal's (my church) most active members of the clergy 'team' are women. Our Honduras ministry team is almost entirely female. Most of our LEMs are women. A LEM is a lay person entrusted with certain aspects of the worship service - helping the priest administer sacraments, for example. So I guess I took offense because women being almost second class is very unfamiliar to me. I think I might be a little woman's lib about this, because I don't think it's right. We're capable, and nowhere does the Bible say that women aren't to preach the Word.

That said, THANK YOU for being very understanding and very willing to see that side of the coin. I am downloading this, and I will try it out!

Well just to give you an understanding of the convictions of my wife and myself. We are both fundamentalist conservative christians, we believe that the bible is to be read and understood literally and that is the COMPLETE word of God. That being said we filter everything in our lives through the bible, or we at least attempt this in order that we live in accordance with God's will.

The reason we made the two distinctive career paths for men and women is our strong biblical belief in the roles of men and women set forth by God in the bible: Men are to be the spiritual leaders and heads of the family, and women are to be the caretakers of the family. These roles would naturally be carried over from the family into the church as well.

Quote:
Genesis 2:18
The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."

Genesis 2:23
The man said,
"This is now bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called 'woman,'
for she was taken out of man."

Ephesians 5:22-33
22Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 23For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

25Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26to make her holy, cleansing[b] her by the washing with water through the word, 27and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church— 30for we are members of his body. 31"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh."[c] 32This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

I do however acknowledge that not everyone holds this same conviction or belief, which is why I agreed to make the parallel career path.
Test Subject
#24 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 1:57 AM
hey can you preform funerals and weddings with this career path thing? cause that would be VERY cool!!! and if so how?
Forum Resident
#25 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 5:03 PM
thank you

What about the thousands of wonderful men and women who are fighting this war without any of the credit or the glory that always goes to those lucky few who just happen to get shot?
Page 1 of 2