Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Castle Edging - For Castle Builders

by rebecah Posted 24th Jun 2007 at 5:17 PM - Updated 12th Oct 2014 at 12:21 PM by rebecah : fix image links

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 5:25 PM
thankyou ive wanted this for so long
Scholar
#3 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 5:33 PM
Oh this will be useful ! With this the medieval castles will be more realistic ! Well done rebecah and many thanks !!

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Field Researcher
#4 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 5:51 PM
I was looking for something like this thanks!
Theorist
#5 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 6:00 PM
Very Needed!
Thanks!!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 7:54 PM
Fabulous! Thank you.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Scholar
#7 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 7:56 PM
The technical term for the "edging" is "Crenelations". They were designed to provide some protection for archers, who could hide behind the taller parts, then shoot through the lower parts. Not to mention boiling oil!!!

Thank you!

Imagine a world without hypothetical situations
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mac
The technical term for the "edging" is "Crenelations". They were designed to provide some protection for archers, who could hide behind the taller parts, then shoot through the lower parts. Not to mention boiling oil!!!

Thank you!

Thanks so very much for this info...sorry I didn't know the term but I did know it was for protection. You've taught me a new word for the day. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 8:18 PM
Thanks for the great download. Now I can make some great looking castles. ^^
Scholar
#10 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 8:31 PM
Oh ok for the information mac ! I've search my dictionary and "edging" didn't match with "créneau" in french so now it's clear. Thank you !

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Mad Poster
#11 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 9:44 PM
wow, this finally in a fence form!!!

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Test Subject
#12 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 9:53 PM
Ooh, very nice! Thanks for the wallpaper as well, I love stone walls. <3

kikasete koremade wo
hanashite korekara wo...
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 12:13 AM
Excellant Idea! Thank you so much
Test Subject
#14 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 12:39 AM
Awesome-ness. Thank you so much!

THE WORLD WILL BE MINE!!! MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!
^ ^ EvIl ThInG...
=O.o=
(U U)_/
Instructor
#15 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 3:11 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 2nd Aug 2007 at 9:33 PM. Reason: Is a "Thanks" post
I used to have something like that in Sims 1 and missed it ever since. Thank you for making and sharing it. Well done.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 5:36 AM Last edited by DoomAngelsc : 25th Jun 2007 at 7:25 AM.
They came out so good, probably the best I've seen so far. I've got a couple others like this but these really look good. Theres nothing I love more than castles, my medieval hood is littered with them. I can't wait to try this one out.

**It really looks good in the game, however most of my castles are made from the "say no more" wallcovering. So they are darker than my castles but they look good all the same. I'm not supposed to request things so I hope my words speak louder than there true meaning..
Mad Poster
#17 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 7:19 AM
Very nice !
Is it recolorable if I want to use a diferent wall pattern ? If so, with wich policy ?

Thank you very much

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 2:52 PM Last edited by rebecah : 25th Jun 2007 at 3:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by patul
Very nice !
Is it recolorable if I want to use a diferent wall pattern ? If so, with wich policy ?

Thank you very much

I do not believe fencing is recolorable. You are welcome to clone it. My policy is that you not use it on any pay sites. I just want it to stay free. This is really the only thing that actually matters to me. My policy can be read here http://www.modthesims2.com/creator/rebecah
Field Researcher
#19 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 5:16 PM
Omigod thank you! This is PERFECT for that castle I am planning on making...if i ever get around to it heheheeeee...

~Sarah~
Test Subject
#20 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 9:08 PM
I have been trying to make my own crenelations (new term for me too!) but they dont look as good as these do. Thanks!!!!
Alchemist
#21 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 3:14 AM
If this is a fence, I don't think it is compatible with the base game. I think new fences only come in with Uni.

Nice job, though. I'll get it once I have the EP.
#22 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 8:28 PM
Very Unique!

AbstractSIMmer187 Has Retired From Sims 2 Creating
All Of My Creations Are Found Here
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 9:41 AM
Thanks this is great, hope it works in the base game
Forum Resident
#24 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 12:18 AM
Ooh, this is gonna be very useful. Thank you! =D
Test Subject
#25 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 6:57 PM
Thanks so much, Rebecah!
The pic of the crenelations on the castle...is that Signal Hill in St. Johns, Newfoundland? It looks just like it...

PheonixDragonfly is: Waiting to see if her first upload is accepted!
Page 1 of 2