Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-New Defaults for NPCs!- Maid, Newspaper, Repo/Extermy, School Uniforms, Nanny, ...

by Phaenoh Posted 15th Nov 2007 at 11:40 PM - Updated 8th Sep 2008 at 5:51 AM by Phaenoh

89 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 87 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 6:07 PM Last edited by bw27 : 16th Nov 2007 at 6:26 PM. Reason: need to add something
:lovestruc thank you again phaenoh, you are the most awesome!!!

eta: I hope the busdriver and privateschool will be working soon, I just love that red uni!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 6:33 PM
Not sure what you meant by your second comment, none of the workers went on strike or even interrupted their jobs for the uniform change, I spoke with their unions about 2 months ago, and they agreed to start saving for the new uniforms then. The headmaster was a bit more stubborn, but he agreed to loosen the dress code to allow these 'alternative' outfits, but didn't want to use school funds for it.
Test Subject
#4 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 6:58 PM
haha! Silly headmasters...

The files won't let me download, it says something about an unexpected end of archive and corrupted files. Apparently my computer is just on strike from new uniforms!
Test Subject
#5 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 7:08 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 1st Mar 2008 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
Hey, these are amazing default replacements. I love them!!

I only have one comment: could you change the female maid's outfits? I'm all for women looking stylish in the workforce, but I'm pretty sure I've seen something like the female Maid Outfit in a Hustler Hollywood. Maybe they could wear something a little more stylish and work-appropriate.

Just saying. ^_^ Keep up the AMAZING work.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 7:34 PM
I've got plans for that, unfortunately, you are going to need BV for it...

Love the comments everyone!
Scholar
#7 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 7:44 PM Last edited by sim~obsessor : 16th Nov 2007 at 7:51 PM.
Ooommmggg!!!

I Love You 345433454 Times More Than I Did Before And I Loved You Alot Beofre Ot Begin With! You Are My Savior! No More Fugly Npc's!!!!!!!!!

Thank Youuuu :D

i love the privat school uniforms! your my goddess!
but also about those...do i use all of the priave school files and will they alternate like the man maid or can i only use one?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 8:10 PM
You have to pick. You only get to use one, even though the .rar has them all. The Headmaster will rotate, but the kids uniforms are all together only for convenience sake.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 10:04 PM
A whole uber-replacement package ... This must be my lucky day :D
Thanks a lot, Phaenoh!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 10:17 PM
I love those private school uniforms - are those male ones available as non-defaults anywhere please? Thanks for the others too - I've got loads of your replacements in my folder :D

Please don't PM/IM me with requests
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 10:29 PM
oh phaenoh, these were so needed!!! thanks a lot!!!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 10:38 PM
I love them! Especially the private school uniforms! Thank you!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sadie79
I love those private school uniforms - are those male ones available as non-defaults anywhere please? Thanks for the others too - I've got loads of your replacements in my folder :D
As I've said in one or two of my other default posts, no, I won't make standard CC versions. My suggestion is always the Bodyshop Export/Import method. Install the default, then bodyshop copy it, then remove the default. That is the easiest way for everyone involved.

Thanks for the comments everyone!
Scholar
#14 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 11:28 PM
and BTW... any idea yet on how long the female maid replacments will be? *is impatient and eager*
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 12:35 AM
Oh, thank you so much! I have always been annoyed that the service NPCs are dressed like 3 year olds allowed to dress themselves for the first time.

Having done the minimum wage slave stint, I have had to wear some awful uniforms before, but I'm not sure you could pay me enough to dress like the nannies or delivery drivers.

I am simply a mass hallucination that a majority of the population chooses to believe in.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 1:13 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 1st Mar 2008 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
Since I downloaded these three hours ago, I've been trying to think of a suggestion for you. 'The entire adult clothing catalog' (I have the ones you've done so far and love them) comes to mind, but you seem to be working your way toward that. You're awesome!

I basically just like to play uglacies.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sim~obsessor
and BTW... any idea yet on how long the female maid replacments will be? *is impatient and eager*
You quiet. The only thing I hate as much as 'demands', as opposed to 'requests', is a demand on my time. I was planning on using today to work on my contest entry and as luck would have it my 15th Keen Eye request came in. I had to drop everything and I'm trying to upload that now. Then I want to get back to work on my entry, THEN I'll worry about silly little Fifi.
Quote: Originally posted by swampcandy
Since I downloaded these three hours ago, I've been trying to think of a suggestion for you. 'The entire adult clothing catalog' (I have the ones you've done so far and love them) comes to mind, but you seem to be working your way toward that. You're awesome!
You are still thinking too small, what about all the other ages? The toddlers are screaming to have their diapers back, and the elders are tired of being 'ol fogies'. The teens and kids don't want to get left out either and they each have a few clothes that they never wear. Its not just the adults, its EVERYBODY!
Test Subject
#18 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 2:41 AM
Do these replace the Uni cheerleader or whatever those things they wear are? I think SaraMK made some STFU uniforms on MATY and I was wondering if I need to take them out. Great job too!!
Test Subject
#19 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 2:43 AM
Nice outfits but EUUGHHHHHH the green for the paperboy and girl sorry i like the rest but those colours are just hideous
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 4:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by johnhutch11
Do these replace the Uni cheerleader or whatever those things they wear are? I think SaraMK made some STFU uniforms on MATY and I was wondering if I need to take them out. Great job too!!
No, only the outfits that are pictured changed.
Quote: Originally posted by Celestra
Nice outfits but EUUGHHHHHH the green for the paperboy and girl sorry i like the rest but those colours are just hideous
Is my forest green worse than yellow and lime green?!!?! I didn't want blue because Maxis has over used blue, and red seemed to bright for the paper, I chose green because I was thinking that the green jacket was for recycling or being 'green'. We recycle or compost those newspapers when we are done with them anyways, why not reflect that?
Field Researcher
#21 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 5:19 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 1st Mar 2008 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
Absolutely fantastic job on this (as usual)! My pet peeve is the fact that in the winter, with snow thick on the ground, the poor service NPC's are still required to wear shorts and thin short-sleeved shirts! Is there any way to help them out with that?

Forest green and white beats out lime and yellow anytime for my paper boys and girls! Thanks so much and keep up the great work!

More of my work can be found @
Sims2Artists.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 6:46 AM
*sigh* if only all the service uniforms went with most of my 1920's themed neighborhoods...

these are still a step away from maxis, toward beauty
thanks

my personal life can be supported by veiwing this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n2z-Q6x6eU and others on my youtube page. I believe there's a few building tutorials there aswell. I create rather sporadically, so excuse me if I'm gone from this website for months or years at a time.
Test Subject
#23 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 7:02 AM
Aahh, thankyouthankyouthankyou! This is awesome! Especially the newspaper delivery replacement, school uniforms and headmaster suit! Whee~
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 4:58 PM
And this is an improvement because??
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deckmaster
And this is an improvement because??
Um, see all the above posts of people who are very appreciative for it. A lot of us get tired of looking at the same old clothes, so they have been freshened up. Why do you think it is not an improvement?
Page 1 of 4