Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-Celebrating WHITE!- Default Replacements for Almost All Celebrations Outfits

by Phaenoh Posted 19th Jan 2008 at 3:48 AM - Updated 8th Sep 2008 at 5:50 AM by Phaenoh

49 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 43 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 9:24 PM
Very nice... I haven't used most of maxis content since I started downloading cc stuff. It will be nice to have some that actually look good now. Celebrations stuff was ok except for the "faded" look.
Great Job!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 9:34 PM
Yay! Prettier Maxis dresses! I too loved Celebration Stuff, but the maxis colors for the dresses were awful! You're are much prettier! Thanks again
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 12:43 AM
I thought I was the only one who had thought the same thing about Celebration Stuff dresses.

Very good job!
Amazing!!

So then I said to the gentlemen:
"Prognosticate? I thought you said promisitate."
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 12:54 AM
Thank you for sharing. I like the styles of these dresses, but thought the colors were terrible. You made them beautiful! Thanks!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 1:20 AM
Thanks for commenting everyone!
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 1:33 AM
This is so great I so hated those dingy drab dresses in Celebrations. I never understood using dingy gray as a colour in wedding gowns. Their off white was more like a dress found in the second hand that had been worn by five different buyers without washing it.
Thank You for making all these outfits just pop up and take the colours that they should of been in the first place.
I say over and over EA needs to fire their whole team and hire better ones here in the community. When Maxis owned the game Sims 1 was very colorful.
Thanks again.
Test Subject
#8 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 3:07 AM
Thanks, Phaenoh. This is like my first post here . . . ever . . . but I thought I would pop in to say I do really enjoy and appreciate your excellent work!

Test Subject
#9 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 3:16 AM
These are lovely. When I got celebration, I was kind of disappointed. Basically, all the dresses are the same, just added a tiny little color and they called it a different dress.

What you've done are just lovely. Thank you very much.

Smile the world smiles with you...
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 5:45 AM
good to hear everybody, I was afraid I was going a bit TOO colorful! glad to know i'm still ok.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 8:57 AM
I was really disappointed after receiving celebration pack that most of the dresses instead of white were grey and colours looked just... blah! Now I'm actually going to USE these outfits thank to you
Inventor
#12 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 2:33 PM
Thank you Phaenoh, I love what you did with the Celebrationclothing, thanks to all your hard work these outfits will now be usefull in my game.
Theorist
#13 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 5:20 PM
*Goes to eBay*
*Gets game quite cheep*
*Arrives in about 4 working days*
*Installs it*
*Before starting gamer, Installs these files*
*Grins at Brightness, Then breaks jaw...*

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Forum Resident
#14 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 9:00 PM
You just saved the Celebration stuff package!
Thank you very much!!

"If you suspect you won't like the answer, then don't make the question"
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 10:09 PM
Thank you! I'm so glad that you are willing to share your wonderful ideas with us: without you, I don't think I'd ever use any of these!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 12:39 AM
Oh nice! I too was disappointed at the "wedding" gowns...I mean, the gray and blue dresses are pretty, but they're not wedding gowns Nice job
Test Subject
#17 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 8:50 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 29th Feb 2008 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
These are amazing. They are all so much better than the originals! Great work! I love your replacements!

Dite
Forum Resident
#18 Old 22nd Jan 2008 at 5:31 PM
Dammit! Do you want me to go broke from buying yet another stuff pack? These look so nice and much prettier than their Maxis counterparts. Wonderful job as always! But you already knew that. ;]
Test Subject
#19 Old 22nd Jan 2008 at 6:09 PM
I just wanted to mention that I consider your default replacements practically essential to playing my game, and I really look forward to using these at my next sim wedding. Guess I better go plan one!

Thank you.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 22nd Jan 2008 at 7:30 PM
Thanks so much for brightening up those really quite sad-looking Celebrations clothes! I never understood what they wanted me to do with all of those grey dresses.
Test Subject
#21 Old 22nd Jan 2008 at 8:09 PM
Yes! I haven't got this pack yet because I heard so many bad things about the non matching greys. Now I can get it and have it in my game along side all of your other defaults without it looking bad!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 22nd Jan 2008 at 9:27 PM
Thanks for commenting everyone!
Inventor
#23 Old 23rd Jan 2008 at 6:03 PM
This as amazing!!! I was so going to do this myself but non defualts (dunno how to do defualts lol) but i didnt really want loads of "copies" so I'm so so so glad you've made defaults. Definatly a lifesaver, especially as I'm cutting down on my CC. :D

~R.I.P Tibbs. You will be truely missed~

|MTS2|DeviantArt|
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 10:45 PM
Yew can never be too colourful. XD These colours are wonderful! *downloads*

You had eyes to see.
Need help with that rusty tool? x-x
Alchemist
#25 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 1:20 PM
I recently picked Celebrations up very cheap, $7.99. Even at that price I thought it was a total waste of money. I haven't used any of it.
Thanks for making this stuff usable!
Page 1 of 2