Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Star Wars Legacy: Part 3 Darth Talon & Astraal Vao

by aymo87 Posted 10th Mar 2008 at 11:38 PM - Updated 9th Sep 2009 at 5:23 AM by Canoodle : removed upload advertising

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 39 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 5:33 PM
Yeees! Thank you so much for uploading them all, especially Darth Talon! Fantastic work!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 6:12 PM
I adore these tatoos! the skin looks so cool :]

I'm back and sort of not... I think I'm leaving mts2 and the whole sims2 business... If anyone is interested in uploading what I've created but not uploaded so far, please contact me...
Test Subject
#4 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 9:06 PM
Awesome work you`re amazing thank you!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 10:39 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 17th Mar 2008 at 3:41 AM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
aymo87 Thanks for these Twi'leks...I was going to make a Darth Talon but, I do not have to now. They are awesome.

konnichiwa, come on by my堀口まり - DUNE SEA VENDOR.
Also come on & get a 堀口まり - Gotta get a GETAGIRL Sim...for more Sims2 cc by ME.
NOW I am Prisnexus6 resident creator @ LOST UTOPIA.
* Though you better watch it! I have the death sentance on 12 systems*
Unsocialized Homeschooler
#6 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 10:50 PM
LOVE them!

Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 11:18 PM
Ooh! Lovely Thank you!
( I weared twi lek costume in Episode lll opening night... pity, that i hadn´t got camera with me, you really cant imagine faces of the other watchers in my little finnish home townPink twi lek, 2 jedies and 50 other people:D) Me-and-my-great-english

See more my works in Radosims.com.
Me and my "great" english:D
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 5:24 AM
Hum...thier lekku and accessories do not show up...VAO outfit I get because of it being a nightlife clothes. I have ALL the required meshes already by DarthFubar and Zoi and I have NL & OFB ep's. I did open with the clean installer. I only got thier genetics & makeup. I placed the files that were not packaged in the sims2pk in my downloads folder...though they do not show.

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 5:44 PM
I get the same problem. I even re-downloaded everything to make sure I had everything.

I just think we should cook and eat all the PETA people.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 8:04 PM
Unfortunately, I get the same problem - I have all required meshes but neither lekku nor Talon's accessories/clothing are showing up - I only have genetics and make-up available. I also have all ep's.
Please help.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 8:37 PM Last edited by Fox234 : 15th Mar 2008 at 8:39 PM. Reason: Typo
Quote: Originally posted by nea200pl
Unfortunately, I get the same problem - I have all required meshes but neither lekku nor Talon's accessories/clothing are showing up - I only have genetics and make-up available. I also have all ep's.
Please help.

Theres nothing any of us can really do on our end to help you. Clean Installer seems to have filtered out the accessories. Clean Installer has always seemed odd to me, you need to know exactly how to use it or it will do something weird. Body Shop and WinZIP always worked for me.

Aymo should have it fixed soon, just hold tight.

Test Subject
#12 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 1:13 AM
Excellent job on both!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 3:28 AM Last edited by blupest : 16th Mar 2008 at 5:57 AM.
Darth Talon! Yay! Thanks for letting us have her..now to see if she shows up right in my game. (I have other Twi'leks in my town..she will not be alone!)

*added : Darth shows up, and I made sure to get the required meshes,but her loincloth and boot recolours do not. Also,her lekku are not quite as patterned as the rest of her skin..wondering why that is? I know those lekku take their colour from the skin..so why would there not be as much pattern on the lekku? Is there something I need to look for like an accessory to intensify the patterning?

Those things aside she looks great and I found some other stuff for her to wear.

As for the other one, her wrapped lekku recolour does not show up,but she looks good.

Thanks again for offering them. I can tell they took a lot of work.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 6:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by blupest
Darth Talon! Yay! Thanks for letting us have her..now to see if she shows up right in my game. (I have other Twi'leks in my town..she will not be alone!)

*added : Darth shows up, and I made sure to get the required meshes,but her loincloth and boot recolours do not. Also,her lekku are not quite as patterned as the rest of her skin..wondering why that is? I know those lekku take their colour from the skin..so why would there not be as much pattern on the lekku? Is there something I need to look for like an accessory to intensify the patterning?

Those things aside she looks great and I found some other stuff for her to wear.

As for the other one, her wrapped lekku recolour does not show up,but she looks good.

Thanks again for offering them. I can tell they took a lot of work.

You must be special. Any form of lekku I use doesn't show up like anything in the screenshots. They look blurry and smudged making me think Aymo might have made custom lekku skins or markings.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 7:42 AM Last edited by aymo87 : 16th Mar 2008 at 8:34 AM. Reason: accidentally 'thank'ed my own post >.<
ok i sent Fox234 a message earlier today to see if this would actually fix the problem before posting it to the rest of you, but since blupest was able to get the lekku, I assume that the package itself does work.

so here's what i believe you need to do. because of issues with not including meshes (even if users allow it(not that either of these two users do), mts2 does not} and Clean Installer doesn't work for beans, so when i attempt to remove a mesh it decides to save the entire thing as an 'Empty Package' which wouldn't get you guys anything. Literally. So I had to take all meshes (and even her clothing) off of her, and then package them separately, in order for her to be uploadable. This is the same conditions that applies for all three sets of Legacy sims, so I'm not sure why it seems to be effecting Talon the most.

Anyhow, all you should need to do, is go under hair/misc and the recolored Lekku with the tattoos should be there. For her outfit its set for everyday & athletic, so going under either of those you should find it. For her loincloth and boots you need go to under accessories/glasses and select them. Then she should look correct.

So if you guys will let me know if doing that fixes the problem, or if there is something else going on that I need to figure out, that would be great. Again, sorry for the complicated way of having her packaged, but it was either that or nothing

New Home. Come check it out!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 2:45 PM Last edited by Fox234 : 16th Mar 2008 at 3:26 PM.
I'll check my game again to see if any of the parts show up. I get the feeling blupest has the same problem but they went into CAS and added the lekku since they also mention Talon having 2 sets of lekku which a pre made sim can of course only have 1 hair style.

Sent a message to aymo. I looked into the package and it doesn't include cloths or lekku recolors meaning Clean Installer did to good of a job and filtered out anything special.

Lab Assistant
#17 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 6:03 PM
Well...just to let you know...I have tried to reinstall again. This time with an updated Clean Installer but, I have the same problem. I have looked and looked in my accessories and hair and outfits again like I did before and found nothing. I far as I know Talon should not need a mesh for her fullbody outfit to show so I should have it but, I do not...for her body did you use a maxis mesh? I know I need the boots and loincloth meshes...I have them already along with the lekku and shoulderpads. I have never ever incountered my BODYSHOP ever packaging meshes with my sims so I do not know how some others seem to do so? If you could would you be able to at least post zip files of the jpgs of the stuff we are missing so I and others may make our own recolors in BODYSHOP to go along with our sims?

Field Researcher
#18 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 6:37 PM
I did try to do everything again and unfortunately, I still have exactly the same problem - they are still not showing up.
I did check Talon's lekku in SimPE and after performing folder scan it was labelled on my computer as a cloth not as hair colour - I am not a creator so I don't know how all stuff work but could it be the source of this problem?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 7:36 PM
ok, i guess i didn't make it clear enough from the last post, you can just forget about clean installer. it DIDN'T work, so i packaged things without it, ergo they WILL NOT SHOW UP when you use clean installer. So IF you guys are trying to install it WITH clean installer, that right there may be the problem. In both of the .zip's there is the sim file and then also the files to make the other items show up. so unzip the entire thing and put it ALL (not just the simpack) into the downloads folder.

Quote: Originally posted by getagirl4
I have never ever encountered my BODYSHOP ever packaging meshes with my sims so I do not know how some others seem to do so?

it was Maxis's bright idea to start including mesh files after Pets.

here are the jps of the clothes and the alphas (for anything where the alpha was not given, just assume it was completely white). but if anyone would just like me to email the parts or the sims to them i'd be more than happy to do that so you don't have to go through all that trouble yourselves.

Astraal_Lekku_Alpha
Astraal_Lekku
Astraal_Shoulder

Talon_Lekku_Alpha
Talon_Lekku
Talon_boots
Talon_Loincloth
Talon_Outfit_Alpha
Talon_Outfit

Quote: Originally posted by blupest
Also,her lekku are not quite as patterned as the rest of her skin..wondering why that is?

They're not patterned, they're set to transparent so that the work with no matter what skin tone you have it shows through. So, while with the body I could place the tattoo's directly on the skin and see how they would show, but with the Lekku it was a matter of setting the transparency to try and match that of the tattoos on the skin...its...complicated. So I tried to match it as best as I can, but if you'd prefer I could change it to one of two things, I could make it so the Lekku are red and not transparent and then set the tattoos to the same level as those on her skin, OR I could make all the tattoos completely black if you'd like. I didn't do this originally to try and persevere some of the texture from the skin, but if you'd like it another way I wouldn't be too much work to change.

I'm so sorry guys for all these complications, believe me if 'Clean' Installer were a physical object it'd have been thrown against the wall across my room more times than I could count. I really hope this whole thing with moving the entire zip to the downloads folder fixes the problem, if not...I'll keep searching for a solution. Thanks for all your patients!

New Home. Come check it out!
Field Researcher
#20 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 8:32 PM
Thank you so much not only for the Twi's but your patient attempts to help all of us.
It is very nice of you to go through all of this to share your creations with us.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 10:34 PM
Aymo - thank you so, so much for trying to resolve this problem - it's greatly appreciated. Everything else shows so nice - it seems only Talon was unlucky.
I know what you mean by Clean Installer - it's the most unhelpful/helpful thing. Many times I was trying to package something and I got empty package out of nowhere! You can really give up after a while.

And thank you so much for providing pictures of your fantastic work - as I still could not get them to show up I have remade them in BodyShop using your jpgs - now Talon looks as she should and SW Legacy is completed.
Once again - Thank You for fantastic content!

Would you at all consider making any sims from KOTOR universe?
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 11:07 PM
Aymo87 THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH. You are wicked awesome. Ah I did not know that about PETS...I do not have it of yet.

Field Researcher
#23 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 6:57 AM Last edited by blupest : 17th Mar 2008 at 7:03 AM.
Well,after some fiddling with the files within the lekku mesh I most wanted to use on Darth Talon,I managed to intensify the subtle patterning,added some tiger pattern to break up a solid area near the front,yet keep the underlying skin showing through. After all the work you did, I certainly didn't want to pester you for more stuff,so even though your lekku recolours did not show up, I worked things out myself and now she is ready to move into my town.

Many thanks: I fell in "love" with this bad gal when I first saw her on a magazine cover and thought she would be great to have in game. Your version is so spot on..no way could I have done anywhere near as good a job myself. :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 7:24 AM
For both files when I click on the sim pack files it opens and says I have missing expansion pack data, in the post it only shows us needing the base game. Any advice on how I can get them to work? Thanks in advance
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 7:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by seattle_girl
For both files when I click on the sim pack files it opens and says I have missing expansion pack data, in the post it only shows us needing the base game. Any advice on how I can get them to work? Thanks in advance

Clean installer.

Page 1 of 2