Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-Conversion Content- PJs for Elders, Teens, and Bonus Extras for Others

by Phaenoh Posted 28th Mar 2008 at 7:16 PM - Updated 8th Sep 2008 at 5:38 AM by Phaenoh

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Not actually evil.
#2 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 5:16 AM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 29th Mar 2008 at 5:22 AM.
Grandpa gets some clothes! Thank you for making these. I completely understand the compelling need to make stuff consistent, I feel the same way.

Since you asked, how about Bon Voyage Twikki and Asian outfits for elders? Elder natives look so silly and out of place in regular clothes. Has anyone already done that? I don't think I've seen it. The Twikki elder outfits could use similar textures and leafy greens, but be more modest than the adult versions, maybe?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 7:29 AM
Thanks for this !
Instructor
#4 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 9:04 AM
Your elder body looks very good. The chosen conversion is one of my favourite pjs.
It is very good that more people is busy making conversions and replacements.
I've been waiting for the possibility of making textures that can be pulled by different meshes, as it was in the base game. This would make it easier and would reduce the downloads folder. It would be necessary to have only one clothes style and respective meshes for all ages. So every texture would be used to wrap all the meshes.
Thanks for your creation.
DPxptl
Scholar
#5 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 9:36 AM
I love you! So much diversity, so little space required!

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 1:49 PM
Sweet! I wanted the Uni PJ's for teens but could never figure out how to do it myself (that, and I can only play the Sims 2 every other weekend). Thanks for making these!
Instructor
#7 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 2:17 PM Last edited by BrazilianGirl : 29th Mar 2008 at 2:20 PM. Reason: misspelling
thanx a lot for these!!! i loved them!! speacially theese that are on the pic for teens n.n i was wondering, could you pls convert those pj that came with glamour stuff pack for teens and elders? i love those pj and if they were available for more ages would be great!

hi!
Scholar
#8 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 4:44 PM
woo! ive been waiting for somthing like this for a while now...this is great.! keep making more! :D

i have a request though...aperently there were missing outfits in BV that the mesh came with H&M but it was also included in BV...and somone found them and made them available...do you think you can take this buissness outfit and make it defult to certian career outfits? like the buissnes tycoon outfit...gah..horrible...
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 5:12 PM
Hmm, BV clothing I'm not that crazy about. I'm still thinking about making myself hiders for some of those clothes. Also not crazy about the glamour stuff pack pjs. I'm looking for more basegame staples, not specific outfits. Grampa had limited choices in swimsuits, so I filled that gap, then saw another in undies, then pjs. What else is desperately lacking?

Thanks for commenting everyone!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 7:16 PM
Yay! Thanks so much, have been getting annoyed for the past week about the lack of decent PJ's as I have a lot of teen and elder men in my game at the moment. Love 'em!
Test Subject
#11 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 8:55 PM
Hey thanks!

I would like to see the glamour pjs too and also, if its possible, the new adult male clothes from FT (those who looks english and oldfashined) for elders, because maxis forgot to add a matching outfit in this group of age.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 2:25 PM
I followed your instructions and when I went to make a teen Sim in CAS, I went to the pajamas tab and where the Uni pajamas should have been were, instead, the usual black, normal pajamas that came with the base game. Help?

I have Uni, NL, Pets and TSS. I put the files in the Pets folder, as the explanation told me.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 3:07 PM
Did you download the Teen Mesh that went with it? I only packaged that with the BaseGame recolors.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 5:41 PM
Yeah, I downloaded it. I downloaded both the Teen-DrawstringPJs-TexturesMesh.rar and the Teen-DrawstringPJs-UNITextures.rar and installed them as you explained. Did I need the MissingClassicPJs.rar too?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 6:23 PM
No, you don't need MissingClassicPJs. You downloaded both the basegame ones and the Uni ones, and the uni ones aren't working. Are the basegame ones working as they should?
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 7:32 PM
No, they're not working either. For all of the converted outfits, I see the standard Maxis black pajamas for teen-adult male. The thumbnails look the same as the outfit, after I click it.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 7:55 PM
Try putting the files in your downloads folder instead. They'll have the CC star but if they show up properly that will tell us something.

Edit: Just thought of something. Put it in the TSS folder instead. The higher files might be overwriting mine.
Instructor
#18 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 7:55 AM
ehm, just wondering...my fat old man turn slim in his drawstring pj? this is "as is" or an oversight? i enjoy them otherwise
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 4:21 PM
what? I thought I had the fat morph working... I'll take a look at it. If Grandma found out it was that easy for Grandpa to loose weight she'd throw a fit!
Field Researcher
#20 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 11:29 AM
Thank you. I have waited for this!

oepusims.tumblr.com. I don't take request. I have 2 children and few freetime. Use my creations as you wish. You don't have to ask.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 2:33 PM
I'm glad you fixed the fat morphs! I just tried these out today after having downloaded them when you first posted them, and I was disappointed to see the fat morph didn't work. Your work has so far been very thorough, and it didn't seem like you to have a non-working fat morph. I'm glad it was just a mixup! I've since re-downloaded, and I'm very glad to have the extra pajama options.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#22 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 9:08 PM
This was a great idea. So small and so useful! One of the very few things I'll put permanently in my game. Thank you!

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 9:20 PM
Thank you for your great Stuff. It feels like Maxis, but much better!

oepusims.tumblr.com. I don't take request. I have 2 children and few freetime. Use my creations as you wish. You don't have to ask.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 8:55 PM
Having decent textures on the original meshes actually makes some of the clothing not so bad. I have found it frustrating to scroll past pages of fug, only to realize that my sims have nothing to wear! Seems like you were able to scrub and scour the Maxis textures into pretty? I thought that was impossible. With your default replacements, I find I am using these clothes, the pre-defugged versions never got used.

My request at the moment is maybe boxers for the guys? All ages, I have the set for adult. Kids, elders and teens need good nickers too. Also, more jammies for the toddlers, they never have enough.

boolprop iqtestingenabled true
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 9th May 2008 at 6:00 PM
Great stuff, I've been waiting for some time for a mesh like this for elder males. So thank you very much.

However, the elder male mesh has a gap between the top and the trousers. In most positions this doesn't look that bad, but when the sim is leaning forward there is a big gaping hole in the back. If something could be done to fix this it would be great. This is such a brilliant mesh with many potential uses besides pyjamas (case point, I'm working on sportswear using it), that it would be superb to have a gap-less version.

"Sometimes the solution / is worse than the problem"
-- Pet Shop Boys, "Twentieth Century"
Page 1 of 2