Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Enclave

by goodandgone Posted 9th Jul 2008 at 11:07 PM - Updated 14th May 2009 at 12:56 AM by goodandgone

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 3:41 PM
Very cool building, I especially like how courtyard looks. As huge Star Wars and K2 fan I Thank You very much!

HK-47: Objection: I am not a problem, meatbag. You and your lack of any organized repair skills are a problem.
Instructor
#3 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 4:31 PM
This is so cool, I love those old stone textures. It gives this building a mysterious air. Thanks for sharing this

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Lao-tzu

Sorry, I don't take requests.

My building tutorial: Link
Field Researcher
#4 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 4:46 PM
OOh! This will look perfect in my sci-fi neighborhood! Thank you so much, and may the force continue to be with you!
Not actually evil.
#5 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 7:11 PM
Sweet! It's nice to have imaginative, non-traditional lots like this. My survivalist sims sure could use this.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#6 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 11:27 PM
I love the atmosphere this lot has! The attention to detail is superb.

There's always money in the banana stand.
Alchemist
#7 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 3:06 PM
This is a really unusual place, gng, something not tailored for a *normal* sim-family or a *normal* playing style and that's why I like it so much.
Originality costs a lot of work, not only when the plan is an intricated one but also when the lot seems to be built more for the builder pleasure than for the downloaders expectations. Good job, I love the atmosphere surrounding the building, the *abandoned* look which is very evocative.
Thank you for sharing this creation GnG and congrats for the star

... btw, I'm happy of your recent sci-fi style.
Alchemist
#8 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 3:46 PM
Looks adventurously exciting! Thanks,
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 6:52 PM
Gosh...I got a star!!! I'm ridiculously pleased, so thanks to the Mods for making my day!

Thanks too to everyone for all the nice comments. I realise the stuff I make isn't exactly mainstream and isn't going to appeal to everyone, but it's good to know there are enough people who like it to make my efforts worthwhile.

Hey lamamma - you'll always be the Queen of Sci-Fi, but I'm glad there's space in your universe for my creations too. Oh...and I STILL think your Replicant lot should have won the Sci-Fi Contest!!!

gNg
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 7:47 PM
Haha, one of the previews looks like it's from half life. The lighting and your wall makes that impression... I like this a lot. Maybe one day you could make us Blackmesa

God loved the birds and created trees. Man loved the birds and created cages -Jaques Duvall
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 3:16 PM
Congrats on the star! And thanks for the this lot. I have so many great uses for it.
Test Subject
#12 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 4:35 PM
Wow! I really love nontraditional lots and I really love courtyards, so with this lot is perfect! Is that an enclosed courtyard I see? I see this thread hasn't been updated in some time (you may have even moved on to Sims 3) but if you do check this, I was wondering if how you built a fully closed courtyard....
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 6:07 PM
Thanks suzannesugarbaker! Glad you like this lot - it's one of my favourites. I can't remember much about how I built it now, but yes, the courtyard is fully enclosed. I'm pretty sure the game treats it like an ordinary room so the light is always a bit dim due to lack of windows, but that's easily fixed with a couple of wall or floor lights. The only other issue is that sims always change into outerwear when they walk though it in winter which can get a bit tiresome. But only a bit.
Oh...and I'll never be moving on to Sims3!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 1:18 AM
thank you