Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 4:05 PM
Which files are the error ones? I don't want to delete anything that's supposed to be there. Thanks!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 8:06 PM Last edited by sherambles : 15th Sep 2008 at 8:18 PM. Reason: update
I still can't get it to open to even install it. :/

Update: figured it out with this: http://www.kims-design.net/get_homecrafter_working.html

Plus, it actually lets me save the files to the game so I can share it.

THANKS A TON!
Test Subject
#53 Old 16th Sep 2008 at 6:37 AM
yes it comes up but i dont have the folder in my projects folder so i have no templates to make my walls and floors did anyone else have this problem of not having homecrafter/working folder not showing up in the sim2 projects folder help i love getting it to come up but still cant make walls or floors yet please help

If there's a problem, there's always a solution.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 1:40 AM
Thankyou sooooo much Issanet. I wish I had found this thread before I uninstalled everything

Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
Alexander Hamilton
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 2:59 AM
when i double click the installer all that shows up is this blank window that doesnt say anything but 'ok'...>

Lazing around is what muttonchop does best..
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 12:21 PM Last edited by UserLaura76 : 18th Sep 2008 at 12:23 PM. Reason: I missed a couple of words out.
Thank you for the newer exe for my TS2Homecrafter, I had the same problem as it was not working at all after having to reinstall the game.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 2:32 PM
IssaNet! I have been dying without my HomeCrafter Plus! I made some walls with SimPe, but who knows if they'd work with everyone else's games, but I know they should now that HomeCrafter is working for me too!

I can't believe it! And the solution was so simple!

Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#58 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 9:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by miska
Everyone . . .

After the previous post I tried something that I recalled reading while looking for answers to the Homecrafter problem yesterday.

When executing the program from the Windows Start menu (via the shortcut) rather than just left-clicking on it and executing 'normally', right-click on the short cut and select RunAs. Doing this will bring up a box that asks which user you want to run the program as/under. Just check to make sure your Windows UserName is selected (it should be by default) and click the 'OK' button. When I did this Homecrafter loaded quickly/ appeared before my eyes. How strange, but it worked!

It seems that Homecrafter now will only run under the default Administrator account, and not just an account with Administrative Rights. I don't run in default Administrator mode (as I keep that account for pure troubleshooting) and just use the account that I set up initially when installing Windows which by default has Administrative Rights.

Hope this Helps!

~*~ Miska ~*~

OMG u are so right! It worked! Thanx!

"I hope you listen to me every night before you go to sleep. And know that someone in HB is thinking of you, Bonnie"
--Hellogoodbye
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 10:17 PM
Yes I had the same problem and it started to make me crazy when it would not start to load!

IssaNet: I have 3 words that I must say to you....... I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Million thanks for making the homecrafter work!!! Finaly I can start to update my site with new walls! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#60 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 5:26 AM
I was having the same issue... with Apartment Life! I downloaded Homecrafter... and it was going to the "shared folders" file instead of my main file... and saying I didn't have disk space, etc. I processed the steps above and it's working like a charm.. even showing my already custom made walls!

I am humbled and bow before your genius! Gracias!!!!!!!!!!

Juju
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 11:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IssaNet
Please excuse me as this is my first ever post. I had the same issue today as I tried to install the Homecrafter Plus. I am running XP Pro SP 2 with every Sims 2 Expansion pack and CC pack thru Ikea. Here is what I came up with. I happened to have a previously used version of the TS2HomeCrafterPlus.exe that was modified in 2006 instead of the default one that comes with the download installation.

I used it to overwrite the default one located here: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 HomeCrafter Plus\HCBin

I then deleted all the error files located in this folder.

When trying to execute the TS2HomeCrafterPlus.exe I noticed in task Manager that TeaTimer.exe was pinging out my machine. I ended that process as it is only associated with SpyBot. (sounds like SpyBot didn't like it to me)

I executed the exe from within the c drive folder and....

It took a little time and lag to load but it finally came up and I am in like flynn.

I am trying to attach the exe in a rar file (hope it works). If anyone else can help by placing it into a zip file for those that don't use rar it would be greatly appreciated.

Hope this helps anyone.....

Oh dear God, come here, I want to seriously hug you!
IT WORKS! It actually works! I've been trying to get it to work ever since I got my new laptop with Vista back in April! Now I can *finally* start on an emo-fied recolour pack of the wallpaper, floor and items that came in the Fantasy part of Family Fun!
Test Subject
#62 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 11:22 PM
HELP...Still not working...
Please excuse me as this is my first ever post. I had the same issue today as I tried to install the Homecrafter Plus. I am running XP Pro SP 2 with every Sims 2 Expansion pack and CC pack thru Ikea. Here is what I came up with. I happened to have a previously used version of the TS2HomeCrafterPlus.exe that was modified in 2006 instead of the default one that comes with the download installation.

I used it to overwrite the default one located here: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 HomeCrafter Plus\HCBin

I then deleted all the error files located in this folder.

When trying to execute the TS2HomeCrafterPlus.exe I noticed in task Manager that TeaTimer.exe was pinging out my machine. I ended that process as it is only associated with SpyBot. (sounds like SpyBot didn't like it to me)

I executed the exe from within the c drive folder and....

It took a little time and lag to load but it finally came up and I am in like flynn.

I am trying to attach the exe in a rar file (hope it works). If anyone else can help by placing it into a zip file for those that don't use rar it would be greatly appreciated.

So I've downloaded the file, but WinRAR says the file is corrupt. Help? D:

98% of teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#63 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 11:32 PM
Download again, the file is fine.
Scholar
#64 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 4:06 AM
I haven't read all the posts yet, but I just wanted to say that at least this post is helpful. I had the same crap with EA when I wrote them. Have zillions of error txt files in my HCBin, etc.
My HomeCrafter worked when I had only the base game and Teen Stuff. Then I didn't use it for awhile and after installing OFB and University it quit working.
While reading these posts, I tried to right-click and use run as. Lo and behold! There was my long lost HomeCrafter. Good tip.
I also want to say thanx for the zip file for the older Home Crafter. If right-clicking ever gives out on me, I'm using that one.
Test Subject
#65 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 4:45 AM
I'm having trouble after trying the ways you guys put up (Thank you very much, by the way.), I have Vista as well, but the box would pop up, I clicked allow, even running it as an administrator, it didn't work. When I downloaded IssaNet's zip file, I clicked on the icon and some empty error boxes popped up.

Does anybody know what the heck is wrong with this? It's so frustrating!

Thank you!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#66 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 12:04 PM
Try unzipping it and then running it, if you haven't already.
Instructor
Original Poster
#67 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 6:50 PM
Mumblingmichiko, try the directions in my signature link
Test Subject
#68 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 2:22 AM
umm im sooo confused!!! Like I stopped at Go to Start\My Computer\C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 HomeCrafter Plus\HCBin, here you will see the Homecrafter.exe

I dont have the sims 2 homecrafter plus or an hcbin! am i screwed?!?!
#69 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 3:52 AM
erdasydney, have you ever downloaded HomeCrafter Plus from the official Electronic Arts site? If not, you will not have those directories. It does not come with the game; it is a seperate program.
Test Subject
#70 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cameronsnan
Mumblingmichiko, try the directions in my signature link

That I shall...

Have you ever sometimes wished you could rip Vista out of your computer and replace it with XP? I know it's possible but I don't have the money.... Darn. It would probably work on XP too!
Test Subject
#71 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 3:11 PM
Thank you very much, it works now! Yaaaay!
Instructor
Original Poster
#72 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mumblingmichiko
Thank you very much, it works now! Yaaaay!

Brilliant! But don't forget we have issanet to thank for the overwrite exe file
Test Subject
#73 Old 8th Oct 2008 at 8:56 AM
Default Thank you!!!
...I had the same issue today as I tried to install the Homecrafter Plus. ...Here is what I came up with. I ...have a previous... version of the TS2HomeCrafterPlus.exe ...modified in 2006 ...
I used it to overwrite the default one located here: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 HomeCrafter Plus\HCBin ..then deleted all the error files located in this folder...I executed the exe from within the c drive folder and....It took a little time and lag to load but it finally came up!

Howdy! Howdy!

I just wanted to thank you, IssaNet, for your solution to this issue! It worked for me, and I am absolutely delighted! Thank you! Thank you!

Happy Day, ya'all!
--Val
Co-Owner of The SimsFanaticsCommunity and Sims2FanaticsCommunity
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#74 Old 8th Oct 2008 at 7:50 PM
Thankyou to Issanet for the method and executable, and Cameronsnan for the written instructions! I've now added this valuable information to the Wiki.
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...elp:Homecrafter

For others with Homecrafter issues, please try all of the suggestions in the above article before posting.
Test Subject
#75 Old 8th Oct 2008 at 10:05 PM
i have anyon have problems with the working folder in projects not showing up i get it up but have to temp plates to work with. i am missing the templates folder help

If there's a problem, there's always a solution.
Page 3 of 6