Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 22nd May 2007 at 8:52 PM
I'm so behind! bad me for cleaning!

Penny! why'd you delete your idea? i liked it!!! it was very final fantasy!

Hp, all those ideas are good!

Derange, The post apocolpytic idea is awesome! ><

Infernal, i have no idea about a name, maybe we'll come up with a name when we get more indepth about the details and such, but i'm not sure what kind of character i would make... hmmm... maybe one that flips back and forth? hehe...

I'm an old simmer who just can't seem to quit...
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 22nd May 2007 at 9:01 PM
Okayyy. This is awesome.

And keeping me from posting. And Paige is yelling at me.

Ususally I do one on one, because a roleplay with a lot of people confuses me. :P
But I suppose i should try and get better at that. Heh.

I cannot stand fantasy, personally, so anything with a touch of reality [[even Derange's post-Apocalyptic one]] is a-ok with me.

-is done rambing.. Back to sleep-
Inventor
#28 Old 22nd May 2007 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by foolinthemoon

Infernal, i have no idea about a name, maybe we'll come up with a name when we get more indepth about the details and such, but i'm not sure what kind of character i would make... hmmm... maybe one that flips back and forth? hehe...

Thanks. I might type it back up later. I didn't think anyone would like it though. :shrug:
#29 Old 22nd May 2007 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by foolinthemoon

I called it simply:

Heroes and Villains
War For Angels and Architects
#30 Old 22nd May 2007 at 9:33 PM
I'm up for anything and the superhero and supervillian thing sounds amazingly cool.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 22nd May 2007 at 9:35 PM
I'm suprised no one has listed this yet but: Harry Potter!

Of course, I would love to play the magical world on here.
#32 Old 22nd May 2007 at 9:36 PM
Oh I would go for a magic based one too! :jig:
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 22nd May 2007 at 9:47 PM
Heehee Harry Potterrrr!

Infernal, I like the name. Its.. pretty? xDDD

I dunno.

[[Random - I feel like I need a FTW avvie now..]]
#34 Old 22nd May 2007 at 9:55 PM
How about Pleasantview?
#35 Old 22nd May 2007 at 9:59 PM
You might sell me on the superhero/villian one. I'd want to be a hero. Or a villian LOL
Scholar
#36 Old 22nd May 2007 at 10:05 PM
On this other forum, I once has this RP called Dark Waters (not related to the cartoon...not exactly, ). It was a Pirate/Fantasy-esque RP. I think I still have the plot layout, if anyone is interested.

Another was about a (fantasy) land that was trapped in an eternal winter due. Again, I have a plot summary that makes it sound a lot better than what I can describe here, .
#37 Old 22nd May 2007 at 10:10 PM
Well, whenever we get the thumbs up, I've already got it typed up

Runs off to make Villian/Hero FTW Avvys
Forum Resident
#38 Old 22nd May 2007 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TRIriana
On this other forum, I once has this RP called Dark Waters (not related to the cartoon...not exactly, ). It was a Pirate/Fantasy-esque RP. I think I still have the plot layout, if anyone is interested.

Another was about a (fantasy) land that was trapped in an eternal winter due. Again, I have a plot summary that makes it sound a lot better than what I can describe here, .

I like those too! eek! so many good ideas! and by the way, i LOVED Pirates of the Dark Waters growing up! not alot of people i know remember it! and if it was something of that effect, it would rock! which gives me another good idea!

What about a RP kinda like Inyuyasha, but with different characters of course! I like the idea of time travel, Japan and futile era being drenched in demons, soul powers and preistess'

Lab Assistant
#39 Old 22nd May 2007 at 10:46 PM
Yeaha foolin.

Dude, you guys, we could come up with something completely our own.
A huge fantasy world.. With little bits of everyone in it. :P
Field Researcher
#40 Old 22nd May 2007 at 10:53 PM
Being the huge Harry Potter dork that I am, I'd be thrilled to do a Harry Potter thing. However, I know there are specific sites for that type of thing, so it's probably best that we come up with our own story line to be following.

Some ideas that were appealing to me were the Heros/Villians suggestion (anyone think of the Beach Boys when they heard that? *swoons*), pirates (who doesn't like pirates?), and the science fiction type ideas HP was suggesting (if we can't have magic, why not messed up science?). Knowing the people on this forum, though, it seems that the Mafia idea will go over well. :D

I like Greenstraw's idea of making our own fantasy world with bits of everything. After all, everyone would be satistfied, and there would be all sorts of opportunities for RPs from magic to Mafia.

"Why do we drink cow milk? Who was the guy who first looked at a cow and said 'I think I'll drink whatever comes out of these things when I squeeze 'em!'?" -Calvin and Hobbes
#41 Old 22nd May 2007 at 10:57 PM
I'm going to try to type up a fighting styled RP. Like a tournament, but with a plot. But I already typed up a pirates (desperado 2) one, so maybe I will do that one first. It's more of a POTC rp though.

Another one that I like, but I doubt anyone else would like is an amazing race rp. There will be teams of 2, and each group will have to travel around the world. I'd have to tie in a storyline, and other stuff too though.
#42 Old 22nd May 2007 at 10:58 PM
The only issue I can see arising is an overrun of RPs, clogging the forums up.. with little, and bluntly said, crappy RPs just taking up air space.
Forum Resident
#43 Old 22nd May 2007 at 11:07 PM
you never know however which ones will take off and which ones won't. So you have to let them all have a chance, and not only that, but if they start to die off, they can always be deleted or archived.

#44 Old 22nd May 2007 at 11:10 PM
true, that works as a good idea
Field Researcher
#45 Old 23rd May 2007 at 12:05 AM
I've been toying with the idea of a Peter Pan-esque contest... Pirates, Indians and Lost boys in Neverland... I'm struggling with coming up with ideas for it and the ideas I had have been mostly forgotten. So don't expect to see anything like that soon (unless someone else rips off my idea and beats me to it)
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 23rd May 2007 at 12:19 AM
Would these RPs be more text based, or more D&D style, with possible outcomes determined by dice or DMs or something? I'm infinately more fond of the text based, third person kind, that's why I ask.
By the way, here are some ideas I like: Derange's apocalypse game, HP's Sims and steampunk game, and Kakashi's Mafia game. I'm with Greenie, actually, I don't like fantasy RP all that well, but I'll do it.
Here are some ideas from me, up for grabs because I should work on my stories instead of RPs: A western themed RP, with gunslingers, saloons, the works. Think Deadwood rather than Leoni, though, because spaghetti westerns, while fun, don't seem to have much of a story.
Or maybe a horror RP with ghosties and monsters...haunted house or something.
Last idea, and this is kind of a pet project of mine, sort of post-apocalyptic, but neater: Everyone in the world disapears, literally, except for a handful of people (the RP'ers). Two groups begin to form, those who are good and evil. The working title is Absences, and I was going to make this a webcomic before I ran out of time and ambition, so it's fair game. Totally ripped off from Stephen King's The Stand, but ah well, at least I admit it...anyways those are my ideas, I will be eagerly awaiting the first RP!

*Editzorz: Kate, that sounds very cool! I think that combines a lot of the best features of fantasy RP, I hope you get around to writing it up.

*counter culture since '03 and counting*

"LMAO wtf r u syaing?!!1!"
The above sentence is not english. I only understand english. Thank you.
#47 Old 23rd May 2007 at 12:25 AM
I'd love to see a Wild West RP, and we could probably merge Absences with the Post-Apocalypse idea, Julieth.

Pardon me while I have a strange interlude.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 23rd May 2007 at 12:27 AM
Perhaps perhaps! Maybe we could set it several years after the initial disappearances, so that there is wreckage, which is a principal part of Post-apocalyptic things, I think. We could go into this further via PM if you want.

*counter culture since '03 and counting*

"LMAO wtf r u syaing?!!1!"
The above sentence is not english. I only understand english. Thank you.
#49 Old 23rd May 2007 at 12:28 AM
Oh yes! Wild west, Horror, Ghosts! I'll take one of each LOL Honestly, they all sound really fun. I like the idea of a Science one too.
#50 Old 23rd May 2007 at 12:28 AM
We could do that, we could. As long as there's guns involved, I'm there. 8D

Pardon me while I have a strange interlude.

Page 2 of 31