Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 10:56 PM Last edited by Anaria : 30th Nov 2009 at 12:20 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Anaria
Hi

Can I change the number of sims that can live in one household with this? If yes, how?

Thanks

Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
No, you can't do it with XML. Supposedly the NRaas Super Computer will do this now, but I haven't tried this function on it.

How? I only found a function listing (the more than 8 sims isn't in it) but no proper explanation on how to use it.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 12:58 AM
How? I only found a function listing (the more than 8 sims isn't in it) but no proper explanation on how to use it.

Sorry, but you found a XML file saying something like MaxHousehold? If it's 8, then you can probably change it, though it probably wont work. You will most likely need to do some core modding for that.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 1:54 AM

It should be right under the "Settings". This is only on the newest SuperComputer though, the 1.4.6 version I think doesn't have it.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#29 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 2:25 PM Last edited by Anaria : 30th Nov 2009 at 9:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
It should be right under the "Settings". This is only on the newest SuperComputer though, the 1.4.6 version I think doesn't have it.

Well than seems like I have to cave and update.
Thanks for the help

Edit:

I updated, and it seems to be working just fine, but I do have one more question, there is any mod (or way to make one with xml) to make all sim's icon appear?
Test Subject
#30 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 5:20 PM
Cant download the S3 thing.
I get

Not Found
The requested URL /Sims3ToolsForum/index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.41 Server at simlogical.com Port 80
Test Subject
#32 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 8:03 PM
Thank you, i am grateful for your help HugeLunatic.
Test Subject
#33 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 2:13 PM
I am having trouble Sims 3 XML Tuning Modding. It told me to go to S3PE I did as it said till I got to GameplayData, when I tried to open it it wanted to know what file I wanted to open it in. I tried all the file it would let me and nothing happened it would not let me do the next step what do I do. I want to make a mod just to try it out.
Test Subject
#34 Old 11th Feb 2010 at 3:56 AM Last edited by aapezzuto : 11th Feb 2010 at 4:48 AM.
Default Override vs Replace
Under Edit in the tutorial there is a note
Note: If you are very comfortable editing XML already, you can choose just selected tags to override and delete the rest from your package. If you don't know how to do that or what that means, don't worry about it.

I have been playing with the books xml, and have found out a lot by poking at it, but I can't seem to find how to add a book to the in game books list without including ALL the other books too.

to get the book to show up at all there are 2 books you have to have, the meta-book (I think this is the defaults, or something) and then the book you want to have show up, what I have currently is

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Books>
	<BookSkill>
		<Title>Test</Title>
		<Author>Author</Author>
		<Skill>None</Skill>
		<MinSkill>0</MinSkill>
		<MaxSkill>10</MaxSkill>
		<SkillPointsPerPage></SkillPointsPerPage>
		<Length>0</Length>
		<Value>0</Value>
		<OneUse></OneUse>
		<PagesMinNorm>1</PagesMinNorm>
		<PagesMinBW>1.25</PagesMinBW>
		<UnlockSkill></UnlockSkill>
		<ChildCanRead></ChildCanRead>
		<NotInBookStore>False</NotInBookStore>
		<GeometryState>BookSmallThin</GeometryState>
		<MaterialState>bookHandinessIntro</MaterialState>
		<AllowedWorldType>Base</AllowedWorldType>
		<AllowedWorlds></AllowedWorlds>
	</BookSkill>
	<BookSkill>
		<Title>ImproveGardening3</Title>
		<Author>SamehKamel</Author>
		<Skill>Gardening</Skill>
		<MinSkill>0</MinSkill>
		<MaxSkill>9</MaxSkill>
		<SkillPointsPerPage>100</SkillPointsPerPage>
		<Length>281</Length>
		<Value>25</Value>
		<NotInBookStore>False</NotInBookStore>
		<GeometryState>BookMediumThin</GeometryState>
		<MaterialState>bookGardeningSkLvl3</MaterialState>
	</BookSkill>
</Books>

but other than messing with the xml I have followed the tutorial to the letter.

PS despite this problem, thank you for taking the time to make the tutorial

I have just downloaded as many xml tuning type mods as I could find, and could not find a single example of the xml only containing the nodes that are being changed... Help, is this even possible?
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 11th Feb 2010 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aapezzuto
I have been playing with the books xml, and have found out a lot by poking at it, but I can't seem to find how to add a book to the in game books list without including ALL the other books too.

Since tuning mods override the existing file, doing what you want requires a separate loader, which is able to read a non-replacement "Books" file.

In this particular case, I actually intend to add a "Books" loader into the next phase of Careers Mod, since another user requested such a while back.

The next phase of that mod is currently in development, and will be available sometime in the next couple months.

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 12th Feb 2010 at 1:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aapezzuto
I have just downloaded as many xml tuning type mods as I could find, and could not find a single example of the xml only containing the nodes that are being changed... Help, is this even possible?

While this is possible, it shouldn't really ever be done because it could alter game behavior. What happens is that classes in the core dlls have their own initial values written into the code (you can view them in Reflector, in the static constructors). The gameplay XMLs act as an easy way for the developers to override these fields by making them tunable. That means if you delete the tag from the XML, the game will revert to the original value in the code - and that could cause unexpected things to happen.
Test Subject
#37 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 10:40 PM
Hi, i followed the Tutorial to change the Traits system. I wanted to unlock all Traits for Babies, as i see it as an easier way to have my babies pre determined what they will be when they reach Young adult hood Like a Family oriented sim. Anyways, i Also Changed the Values within the same file for Rewards. i dropped a zero on everything. I tried uploading this as a whole file, but i was Told i can split the file, but that makes both Unlocked traits for babies, and the Reward values Incompatible with one another later. How i can i go about making these work together.
Test Subject
#38 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 12:19 AM
When I try to download .NET 3.5 it says at the end of the install 'Setup Error'. Can I use a earlier version?

Irony;
The opposite of wrinkly
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 4:36 AM
When i try to open gameplay.package i get this:

"Could not open package:
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\Gameplay\GameplayData.package
Front-end Distribution: 1003-06-1044
Library Distribution: 1003-06-1044
Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\Gameplay\GameplayData.package' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

at s3pi.Package.Package.OpenPackage(Int32 APIversion, String PackagePath, Boolean readwrite)

at S3PIDemoFE.MainForm.MainForm_PackageFilenameChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)"

Any way to make it work?
Instructor
#40 Old 9th Apr 2010 at 3:18 AM Last edited by van Dorn : 9th Apr 2010 at 3:19 AM. Reason: A matching post
My issue is this: When I try to open Gameplay (the file in Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\Gameplay\), it gives me this message: Could not open package:
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Game\Bin\Gameplay\GameplayData.package
Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Game\Bin\Gameplay\GameplayData.package' is denied.

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

at s3pi.Package.Package.OpenPackage(Int32 APIversion, String PackagePath, Boolean readwrite)

at S3PIDemoFE.MainForm.MainForm_PackageFilenameChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
-----

And does not open the package. Can anyone help?

(I am running Windows 7 Professional)

I am having the same problem has coolman
Test Subject
#41 Old 10th Apr 2010 at 11:44 AM Last edited by hendy : 10th Apr 2010 at 1:07 PM. Reason: Help given
Nice tut, but can we put multiply xml files in one package?
I thinks o, i will try out and post the result..
And @coolman and everyone who gets an "access denied" :
Run the programm as admin or copy paste the file to your desktop, then open!
Instructor
#42 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 4:24 AM
where is the download?
Instructor
#43 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 4:24 AM
Wher e is the the download button?
Instructor
#44 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 12:58 AM
Thanks Hendy! It worked!
Mad Poster
#45 Old 6th May 2010 at 5:28 PM
I'm curious about altering which actions are seen as being inappropriate for guests to perform as I find the ones like making a bed a bit stupid. I've found the bed making tuning file but I'm not sure what values are allowed by the game. The default for this is 2.9 and I have also seen the value 1.5 used for some other inappropriate actions. It would appear that 2.9 means it's not allowed and 1.5 means it is allowed but I wanted to check before I messed.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#46 Old 10th May 2010 at 7:40 PM
Okay. I'm trying to make a "Psychotic" trait using this tool. Do I need to replace a trait to get Psychotic to show in game? Can someone walk me through how to get it working for the base game?
Test Subject
#47 Old 12th May 2010 at 12:29 AM
When I try to open the gameplay data thingy, I get this message-

Could not open package:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\Gameplay\GameplayData.package
Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\Gameplay\GameplayData.package' is denied.

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at S3PIDemoFE.MainForm.MainForm_PackageFilenameChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
-----

What do I do?
Mad Poster
#48 Old 12th May 2010 at 7:15 PM
You need to run the program as an Administrator. That or copy the gameplay data file to your desktop and work on it from there. Basically S3PE isn't allowed to access files in the game directory unless you run it as an Administrator.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Don't ask me, I just code
#49 Old 16th May 2010 at 10:29 AM
Hey HL or HP -- could someone update the screen shots on the tutorial to the current s3pe, please . (For some reason, I can't edit that page on the wiki -- although, that may be for the best! )
Forum Resident
#50 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 11:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lifeliver929
When I try to open the gameplay data thingy, I get this message-

Could not open package:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\Gameplay\GameplayData.package
Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\Gameplay\GameplayData.package' is denied.

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

-----

What do I do?

When you go to run S3PE, right-click it and choose run as administrator. That's what I had to do, and it worked for me when i went to open the file.

Onyx Sims is now open!
Page 2 of 8