Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Auto Cheater

by Random667 Posted 30th Jun 2009 at 11:47 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 3:16 PM by Nysha

101 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 90 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Field Researcher
#2 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 12:12 PM
Sheer brilliance!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 12:17 PM
Hi again, got a problem, my game isn’t installed on the c drive, as that’s my smallest drive, how do I retarget your app to the new target location?
Test Subject
#4 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 12:23 PM
aww, do you HAVE to have the debug enabled thing? cuz ever since the patch came out, the game won't work with it ... so just wonderin'
Field Researcher
#5 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 12:24 PM
What about for those of us that don't use the launcher and just the regular .exe?
Test Subject
#6 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 12:40 PM
Thanks for this hack. It's great!!!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TashaFaun
What about for those of us that don't use the launcher and just the regular .exe?

Yeah, I second that, and i expect a lot of others dont use the launcher...

I like work, it fascinates me.
I could sit & watch it all day!

Simmodders UK
Field Researcher
#8 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 1:34 PM
Indeed. This is Sheer Brilliance. Thank you.

Username: Centerman
in The Sims 4 Gallery
Test Subject
#9 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 1:34 PM
Thanks, I'm going to try it hope it works. ;D
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#10 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 2:03 PM
Smashing!
Test Subject
#11 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 2:03 PM
It won't instill gives me error unable to execute the external program. I'm i doing something wrong?
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 2:43 PM
On vista my game is in program files(x86) how do I change the programme as it will not launch as it is searching for programe files
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 2:55 PM
Please, please make one for mac, thanks!
Test Subject
#14 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lavender
On vista my game is in program files(x86) how do I change the programme as it will not launch as it is searching for programe files

mine is the same
so it doesnt work
im so frustrated right now
Test Subject
#15 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 3:32 PM Last edited by mo0ose69 : 30th Jun 2009 at 3:33 PM. Reason: oops missed a sentence
Quote: Originally posted by lavender

Just a thought but couldnt you copy the sims folder from x86 to program files and then install...then copy it back to x86 again? might work

The Electronic Arts folder in its entirety-oops
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 3:43 PM
Thanks alot! :D
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 3:47 PM
Unable to Launch
Quote: Originally posted by mo0ose69
Just a thought but couldnt you copy the sims folder from x86 to program files and then install...then copy it back to x86 again? might work

The Electronic Arts folder in its entirety-oops

I would need to do this each time I played the game. The actual programme can be installed anywhere but the execute file looks for programme Files (x86) this is the main folder for downloads in Vista . the programme Files folder is Vista's backup I do not wish to mess with this folder thanks any way
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 3:53 PM Last edited by playful : 24th Aug 2009 at 2:06 PM.
Like a few of the posters above I also do not use the Launcher, (I am also on Vista 64bit that uses Programsx86) With a few tweaks though this is definiately a mod I would continually use. Thanks for sharing!
Field Researcher
#19 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by red_dragons
Yeah, I second that, and i expect a lot of others dont use the launcher...

I don't use the launcher either and my game isn't on my c drive
Test Subject
#20 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 3:59 PM
Awesome, thanks for making this, it really comes in handy. One question - Why doesn't the money cheat and lifetime happiness cheat work? like it types it in the cheat bar like it should, then it says unknown cammand or something like that. Can someone help me?

Thanks. Awesome mod!
-ConnorOnTheSims.
Test Subject
#21 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 4:43 PM
This will not work on ANY Vista 64-bit system.

The Sims 3 is a 32-bit application (aka an x86 app) and therefore it installs inside of the Program Files (x86) folder. ALL 32-bit programs install into that folder.

You cannot, I repeat CANNOT, install Sims 3 into the normal Program Files folder on 64-bit Vista or you will experience problems as that folder is for the 64-bit applications ONLY.

The only way to fix this is to have the program ask for the Sims 3 directory and the user could browse for it or enter it manually.

This message ONLY pertains to Vista 64-bit. Users on Vista 32-bit (or XP) will have no problem running this program. Users on Vista 32-bit (or XP) do not have the capability to run 64-bit apps and therefore the only program files folder they have is "Program Files".
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 4:54 PM
How do I ask for the programme to ask for the sims 3 directory ?I am a 64bit Vista user
Site Helper
#23 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by d0nd0n
The only way to fix this is to have the program ask for the Sims 3 directory and the user could browse for it or enter it manually.
Better yet, take the program name as a parameter. This would allow people to specify a shortcut so that they don't need to browse for the exe every time.

Then people who want the launcher could specify that; people who want to avoid the launcher could specify TS3.exe. People who aren't installed in the standard directory on C: won't have problems. People who run Vista won't have problems. Win-win-win.
Test Subject
#24 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 5:12 PM
Sounds like Mootilda might be on to something. I don't use the regular .exe launcher either for the disc check thingie that's in place. Anyone manage to use this by using the alternative TS3.exe? Waiting for feedback-- I love the concept.

Oh and btw, is it possible to add further commands from F9-F12 for example and is there a max for commands we can input into the Cheats.ini file?
thanks in advance,
gotta love this site =]

Whenever I see my sims dance, I crack up laughing.
Test Subject
#25 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 5:13 PM
wow thank you, this gonna be so much helpful for movies maker like me.
Page 1 of 5