Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[Maxis Lost+Found] Gender Biased Doors

by Snaitf Posted 23rd Jul 2009 at 1:14 AM

56 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 53 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 1:16 AM
Oh great! I remember loving having these options when Hot Date came out for sims 1 lol thanks for this!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 1:16 AM
:O YES!!!! *kneels and kisses Snaitf's feet*
Inventor
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 1:17 AM
Thanks a lot for looking these up! They will come in handy, for sure.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 1:22 AM
Hmmm, I wonder why they didn't include them?

Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 1:27 AM
how much you want to bet they'll be in the first expansion pack :p

honestly, with it being sims 3, you'd think options we had(like locking doors) would of been in a sequels base game.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 1:30 AM
Shame we can't lock these. XD Oh well, thanks for this! :D

The voices in my head say you're the weird one.
Test Subject
#8 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 1:36 AM
Thanks a lot for these!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 1:40 AM
Thanks! I was wondering why these were left out. It was particularly strange in the 24 hour wellness gym.

Agreed MINIggy03.

Come to the dark side. We have cookies.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 1:41 AM
fantastic, i was wondering where they were.
cant make a swimming baths or decent restroom, without some doors with male and femal signs on.
Scholar
#11 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 1:57 AM
COOOL. Shame they cant be locked.

"When the moon is in the seventh house
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars"
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 2:12 AM
Finally ! Thanks for sharing!
Test Subject
#13 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 2:16 AM
Finally! THANKS
Test Subject
#14 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 2:32 AM
Great, now maybe others will be able to use these to figure out how to make doors that check which Sims are entering a room other than if they are male or female. Everyone knows it's sorely missed.
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
Original Poster
#15 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 3:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kaijinkumori
Great, now maybe others will be able to use these to figure out how to make doors that check which Sims are entering a room other than if they are male or female. Everyone knows it's sorely missed.

Watch Williham's thread that I linked too in my post, I believe he is working on just that.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 3:33 AM
Thank you! I wonder why they left them out though...?
Test Subject
#17 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 4:03 AM
Thank you so much! It bugged me that with all this ability to go out in public and all that jazz about realism that there weren't any signed doors! Hehe.

Now we just need to get some urinals for my poor male sims... D:
Test Subject
#18 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 5:45 AM
Yet another thing left out by EA. Thank you!
Forum Resident
#19 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 6:02 AM
If you look at the prima guide the doors were going too be included they show up on the pic of the big park in sunset valley
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 7:23 AM
Too bad the sign isn't recolourable. It is so huge.

SIMale the Simlish linguist. Simlish made easy: Version 1 & 2 and Version 3 & Comic (Now only available at IS)
Test Subject
#21 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 7:56 AM
I've been DYING For these!! Thankyou!
Field Researcher
#22 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 8:04 AM
I actually didn't miss these very much (I only used them in TS2 for some very specific bars...), but I suppose TS3 could use some lounges. Hmm. Tbh, though, the link you provided makes more sense for my purposes. Thanks for the link, and for the trouble you went through to find this stuff, even if I'm not even going to download it.
Eminence Grise
#23 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 8:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMale
Too bad the sign isn't recolourable. It is so huge.

Most things are recolorable now, with the object cloner. Not in-game, but via mods. I'm actually working on a recolor for the sign Watch for updates.
Test Subject
#24 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 8:59 AM
ha EA... anyway it's funny just the other day I thought what happened to them doors cause when I was at the gym I found it weird using te loo next to a sim of opposite Gender... well its fixed now thanks!!!
Scholar
#25 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 9:13 AM Last edited by fluttereyes : 23rd Jul 2009 at 4:43 PM.
Do you think it would be possible to adapt these doors, to just allow cetain sims through? I was just running it past Inge as she had done a door locking system for sims 2. She thinks you could be the guy to get it to work for sims 3.

Basically I want two houses on one lot (open neighbourhood is a crock), I just want them to only be able to go into their own house unless invited in. Do you think you could do that?

I meant more than one sim having access to the door and other not allowed, not just single sims
Page 1 of 3