Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Wee Barnoid #03 – Starter house (under 20.000§) – No CC

by plasticbox Posted 23rd Jul 2009 at 9:45 PM - Updated 9th Sep 2009 at 5:55 PM by plasticbox

11 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 4:22 AM
You are one of my favorite house creators for Sims 2, I'm so pleased to see you creating for Sims 3 as well.
Test Subject
#3 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 6:57 AM
This is the first lot in Sims 3 I've seen with modular stairs... I've tried creating them in my lots with the same Sims 2 technique, but I keep failing time and time again. If it's alright with you, could you share with us how exactly did you manage to do this?

Well done with the construction (so cozy and charming!), and thanks for sharing the lot with us
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 8:43 AM
Plasticbox is back!!! Oh WEEE!! I'm so a big fan of yours, I actually have a custom neighbourhood in the sims 2 filled with every houses and community lots made my you! Now you're on the sims 3, I'm more than ectastic! Your stuff are even stronger than herion, aaahhhhh! Thank you!! I love 'em all. Will be waiting for more and more, and maybe I'll make a neighborhood with your stuff only again ^^

My Chemical Ravenance*
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 10:05 AM
The best of your little series so far
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 11:13 AM
Wow, you're back!
I really love your british-style houses for TS2, so I'm happy I can see you again, in TS3 section.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 1:18 PM
Regarding the stairs, there are already tutorials on how to make them splitlevel, stack them etc, in TS3 -- have you looked in the Build Mode section?

As long as you don't attempt to stack them (i.e. make multistory stairs), it works exactly the same as in TS2 though, with the only difference that you can't use the terrain lowering/raising tools with any degree of precision in TS3 anymore. So in order to make a 8-"click" high wall, you now have to dig a hole in the ground using stairs, then build a wall inside that hole. That was a popular technique in TS2 too though, for people who found the terrain tools too fiddly, so for them the difference will not even be noticeable.

Also, please don't post about general build mode questions in download threads -- please use the build mode forum for that. Feel free to PM me to make me aware of a question, if you think I might not see it otherwise, but it makes no sense to discuss generic build mode stuff in random d/l threads where only very few people will see it .. that just leads to the same thing being discussed over and over again, instead of asked once and answered once in Build Mode. Thank you.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 4:00 PM
Plasticbox I'm so glad you're doing TS3 housing, I am unnerved that TS3 does not feature anything very exciting for builders and created new hindrances for builders as well. Your starter houses are very much appreciated
Instructor
#9 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 7:32 PM
Adorable! Thank you so much. =)
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 5:22 AM
I think this is my favorite custom house for TS3 that I've seen so far!

The low price tag, effecient use of space, and nifty stairs make this one fantastic download! Thank you so much for sharing this. I'm looking forward to the rest of the series!
Test Subject
#11 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 5:49 PM
thank you so much for creating the house! It's great. Looking forward to more of your creations. Thanks again.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 1:03 PM
Thanks.