Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Beach House

by Honeywell Posted 21st Jan 2010 at 1:53 AM - Updated 22nd Jul 2017 at 11:44 AM by Honeywell : fixing pics

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Instructor
#2 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 2:32 AM
This is really well done! I would totally live there.
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#3 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 4:24 AM
Ooh this is so pretty, Honeywell! The whole thing looks so detailed and complete and... real. I especially love the landscaping and the use of terrain paint to create rocks and paths.... and the fact that you managed to do it all with no CC! Really fantastic and inspiring. Thanks for sharing. .
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 9:51 AM
What a gorgeous home and a lovely place to be ! Nice work, thanks a lot for sharing
Field Researcher
#5 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 12:50 PM
Amazing and WONDERFUL home!
Scholar
#6 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 2:36 PM
This is amazing! Best beach lot I've ever seen!
Alchemist
#7 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 8:06 PM
This is simply stunning!

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Instructor
#8 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 9:16 PM
Love it, very well done. Thanks for sharing :D

^_^
Field Researcher
#9 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 2:13 AM
Spectacular and with no cc to boot. Thank you very much!
Test Subject
#10 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 2:24 PM
i downloaded the file honeywell but it won't let me extract it with WinRAR please can i have some help
Theorist
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 3:09 PM
Hi jack, I'm happy to help if I can but I need a little more information. Are you new to dealing with rar files and not sure how to handle them? If you have WinRAR installed just right click on the file and choose extract here. Then what you'll have is a Sims2Pack file you double click on--it may take a minute--but a screen will come up that gives you the option to install. The house will be in the lot bin the next time you play.

Or do you think there's a problem with the file?

P.S.
Thanks to everyone for taking a minute to comment--I really appreciate it and I hope you enjoy the house. :-)
Test Subject
#12 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 6:06 PM
hi again honeywell i think it is the file cus my bro told me thanks
Test Subject
#13 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 6:51 PM
honeywell with shall i check default installation or generate sims2import file
Theorist
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 7:54 PM
jack, choose default installation. Then "click Okay to the message that all files were successfully installed" and you should be fine. Send me a pm if you have another question or run into anymore problems.

You're using the Sims2Pack Clean Installer--which is great because it helps you manage what gets put into your game but you have to know how to use it! Here's the link to the manual again--take a few minutes to read it so you can get the most out of the program. Good luck!

http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/index.php?page=4
Test Subject
#15 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 12:13 AM
Hello Honeywell! Awesome house! The only problem is, I can't find any place to put it. Belladonna Cove isn't close enough, Bluewater is too close, and Pleasantview doesn't have anywhere to put house on the shore. What neighborhood did you build this in? I really love this house!
Theorist
Original Poster
#16 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 1:05 AM
Hi boomer, I used the DesiderataValley.sc4 template. I assumed I could place this in any neighborhood I could fit a 3x5 beach lot? Bummer--I probably would have built it in a different neighbohood if I had known that. :o Anyway, I'm glad you like the house and I hope you can find a spot for it in your game. ~Tabby
Test Subject
#17 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 11:00 AM
honeywell i got S2PCI but the house i really want and it keeps on crashing can you give me some more tips plz i'll try really hard
Theorist
Original Poster
#18 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 1:36 PM
jack, I'm sorry but whatever problems you're having are beyond my ability to help--a simple question was fine but this thread isn't the place for this.

It seems that MTS also has a help forum so maybe you can post and get help there. As always, take a minute and read whatever rules there are in regards to using the forum before posting. I hope you get your problem figured out.

http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=31
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 11:23 AM
This house is brilliant! So light and spacious. A bit of a problem being able to place it in any of the regular Maxis neighbourhoods, so I had to create my own neighbourhood to use it, but otherwise a lovely landscaped house. Perfect anytime but especially a vacation getaway!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 5:02 AM
One thing i noticed, how did you make the ceiling like that? You know, with the floor tiels facing down from the top of the wall?
Test Subject
#21 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 3:53 PM
hi honeywell i installed your house but it said i need expantion packs can you help me with that plz i don't have those expantion packs
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 23rd Oct 2010 at 3:08 AM
Omg! This house is like the best I have seen. sadly I barely have all the expansion packs and regular packs.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 9:41 AM
Nice Beach Lot!
Test Subject
#24 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 12:26 PM
How did you build the guest house in the sea?
Theorist
Original Poster
#25 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dancermegz
How did you build the guest house in the sea?
I can't remember exactly what I did but it was a combination of CFE, moveobjects on and using pillars. I do remember that the wave animations were all messed up when I was done but they were fixed by picking up the lot and placing it again which also re contoured the ocean floor. Play around and see what you get and if you run into problems you can try posting in the building section for help.