Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2010 at 2:23 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions
Default No "Electronic Arts" folder in "My Documents"
Hi,
I was hoping someone here could help,

I have installed the sims 3 on my mac. I have gone about trying to install awesome mod and the framework that goes with it.

I have used the download links and followed the instructions on this site:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,15477.0.html

Following the instructions given in the picture, everything went smoothly up until the last step. It says to delete "scriptCache.package" in the electronic arts folder found in My Documents.

But when I go to do this I have no electronic arts folder in my documents folder.
I understand that deleting this file is an important step in being able to install the custom content so I was really hoping someone could help.

This has also been an issue upon trying to install custom music, as the electronic arts folder is nowhere to be seen.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 9th May 2010 at 2:33 PM
Have you actually launched the game and played for a few minutes yet? You need to do that in order for the Electronic Arts folder to be created.

If you have, then it sounds like you're looking in the wrong place. Look under Your user name>Documents.
Test Subject
#3 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 8:05 PM
I understand that this is probably a closed issue for the original poster, but I am having a similar problem. Except I have played the sims 3, for several hours actually, and still no electronics arts folder in my documents.
Alchemist
#4 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tofuDN
I understand that this is probably a closed issue for the original poster, but I am having a similar problem. Except I have played the sims 3, for several hours actually, and still no electronics arts folder in my documents.

If you can save your game, save it with a unique name and then search your hard drive for it. Maybe your My Documents folder is somewhere else? I set mine on a different partition.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
dodgy builder
#5 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 9:20 PM
How did you get the game? Through steam or as digital download, do you play on a mac?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
How did you get the game? Through steam or as digital download, do you play on a mac?

Quote: Originally posted by rachelseagroatt
Hi,
I was hoping someone here could help,

I have installed the sims 3 on my mac....

I'd say, yes.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
#7 Old 4th Jul 2016 at 5:53 PM
lol I'm not the original poster, just someone who had a similar problem so I posted in the thread. I'll search my harddrive for my save, hopefully I can find it. And to answer the other questions, Digital download, not steam and I'm on PC.
Test Subject
#8 Old 4th Jul 2016 at 6:01 PM
Problem Solved! Thank you sweetdevil! It turns out the folder was in C:\Users\[My Username]\OneDrive\Documents\. I dunno what it's doing in the onedrive folder, never use that program, but I'm happy I found it! :D
Site Helper
#9 Old 4th Jul 2016 at 7:18 PM
Are you a Windows 10 user? Apparently it likes to put things in weird places.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#10 Old 4th Jul 2016 at 11:48 PM
This is a common problem with TS3 on Win 10. If you have no use for OneDrive, the best thing to do is deactivate it entirely so the game will stop trying to put its stuff there.
dodgy builder
#11 Old 5th Jul 2016 at 8:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
This is a common problem with TS3 on Win 10. If you have no use for OneDrive, the best thing to do is deactivate it entirely so the game will stop trying to put its stuff there.

I'm a new w10 user and was hoping to use onedrive for uploads. It doesn't have commertials and must be quite safe, what a bummer. I have to google a bit for this. Perhaps there is another solution out there.
Site Helper
#12 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 12:04 AM
OK, if the game is putting stuff in the One Drive Documents, does it also look for them there?
If so, could you just put your Mods, etc. into that Electronic Arts folder?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
dodgy builder
#13 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 12:15 AM
I might be wrong, but I think it's a sync feature meaning it uploads it to onedrive. That will use up the space available there for things I have 2 TB storage for.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 10:44 AM Last edited by igazor : 7th Jul 2016 at 11:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
OK, if the game is putting stuff in the One Drive Documents, does it also look for them there?
If so, could you just put your Mods, etc. into that Electronic Arts folder?

This sounds like a good way to eventually end up with two game folders, one in OD and one in Documents, with content and saves, etc. spread out between them. And of course only one game folder can be "live" at a time. There must be a better way, though not yet sure what it is.

Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I might be wrong, but I think it's a sync feature meaning it uploads it to onedrive. That will use up the space available there for things I have 2 TB storage for.

Another reason I wouldn't want my game folder there (if I had Win 10 and intended to use OD for other things, that is).
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 5:43 PM
Default Had a similar problem recently. Thanks!
Quote: Originally posted by tofuDN
Problem Solved! Thank you sweetdevil! It turns out the folder was in C:\Users\[My Username]\OneDrive\Documents\. I dunno what it's doing in the onedrive folder, never use that program, but I'm happy I found it! :D

I just recently reinstalled Sims 3 and all of my eps through Origin, and I was looking for where to put mods. This helped me tremendously. I use Windows 10 now, btw.

Obsessed with children's cartoons since 2003.
---
I don't have the experience or time to make meshes, and I prefer to build families and houses rather than clothes and furniture.
I speak a little French, and I'm currently learning Japanese.