Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Mummy Research Facility

by Hackster Manic Posted 15th Jun 2010 at 4:07 PM - Updated 16th Jun 2010 at 3:32 AM by Hackster Manic

74 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 55 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 4:26 PM
First one~! Thanks!
Just wondering, it doesn't have to be France right? Can I just put it...anywhere??
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 4:31 PM
As far as I'm aware, it doesn't have to be in France. You should be able to put it anywhere. It a very small tomb that only requires a 2x2 lot (20x20 in Sims 3 terms).

I suggested France because France has two 'Rose Campgrounds'.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 4:33 PM
Very nice lot. *-*
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#5 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 4:39 PM
Very cool. Can't wait to play it! Thanks for sharing :-)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 4:44 PM
I hope you enjoy it.:-D

Be sure to come back and leave feedback. n_n
Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 5:25 PM
I was just blinded by pure Awesomeness (X_X)

This account is inactive, this is my new one ----> Rovias Black
Forum Resident
#8 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 5:44 PM
Wow! This is gunna make such a nice change from the normal tombs! It'll be exciting to try this out! Great work
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 7:28 PM
ooh, can't wait to try it, i even like the background story.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 9:56 PM
This is absolutely amazing...Pure Class...Stuck in Basement 4 though, try as I might can't seem to get the statue over to the pressure pad, keeps saying something is blocking the way!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 10:20 PM Last edited by Hackster Manic : 15th Jun 2010 at 10:53 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by saladoor
This is absolutely amazing...Pure Class...Stuck in Basement 4 though, try as I might can't seem to get the statue over to the pressure pad, keeps saying something is blocking the way!

Test Subject
#12 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 11:26 PM
This might be me being stupid, but where is the walkthrough link?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dannyrosen5
This might be me being stupid, but where is the walkthrough link?

The only stupid question is the one you don't ask and never get the answer to. The Walkthrough is inside the zip. It's a word document.
Instructor
#14 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 11:54 PM
Looks like a lotta fun Great job!
Scholar
#15 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 2:30 AM
Nice lab, looks interesting.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 3:08 AM
Ooooh, thank you for this! I love playing the tombs that have appeared here on MTS. And I have carefully avoided taking a close look at the floor plans, so as not to spoil any surprisees you might have included. This looks like it will be a great deal of fun. Thanks again for sharing!
Test Subject
#17 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 3:10 AM
Wonderful tomb! I had a problem with the statue in basement 4 too, but eventually I broke down and testingcheatsenabled edited the lot. Great theme, and the story's pretty interesting too. Thanks for posting!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 3:22 AM Last edited by Hackster Manic : 16th Jun 2010 at 5:36 PM.
Hm, how very odd. Well I have some pictures here that show it working properly on my version of the game:

As you can see, in the same position the yellow arrows are visible and I was able to move the statue past the light.

However, that doesn't help the fact that certain users including yourself are having problems. If I had to guess, I'd say it was caused by some EA tweaking of the lights (bad EA!).
Out of curiosity, could the people who had problems please tell me if they have Ambitions?

What I can do is simply try removing the lights and re-upload the lot. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 3:35 AM Last edited by Hackster Manic : 16th Jun 2010 at 4:07 AM.
I believe that I have now fixed the problems that some users have noted about the statue puzzle on B4. Please re-download. I apologize for the inconvenience, but would like to thank the users who pointed it out.

I believe that the problem may have arisen from users with different versions/expansion packs causing the lights to behave differently.

If there are any more problems, please let me know. Although I tested the lot thoroughly myself, it seems that some users are experiencing things that I did not.

For those users who can now (finally) get past the statue puzzle on B4 - enjoy the rest of the tomb.:-D
Test Subject
#20 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 3:01 PM
wow i luv it am sick of playing the same advantures every time and u made this its cool i realy love it >>> keep it up

happy 3eed for all
PMiD : C99B0A3A
bb : 22647cc6
Test Subject
#21 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 3:32 AM
Awesome tomb. Although, after downloading the second version, now I cannot get past the statue on the level with the TV and stereo. It just won't let me move it in any direction. Before, with the first version I had no problem.
Great job, though. Not too hard, not too easy. Perfect.
Oh, just in case -- I have Ambitions, the latest version as of today. If it matters.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 5:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kadriwright
Awesome tomb. Although, after downloading the second version, now I cannot get past the statue on the level with the TV and stereo. It just won't let me move it in any direction. Before, with the first version I had no problem.
Great job, though. Not too hard, not too easy. Perfect.
Oh, just in case -- I have Ambitions, the latest version as of today. If it matters.

How bizarre. o.0 I haven't changed anything with that. May I ask if anyone else is experiencing the same problem with the new version?
Test Subject
#23 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 5:54 AM
Err... Humani?
Do i recognize that from Trauma Center: New Blood?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ion496
Err... Humani?
Do i recognize that from Trauma Center: New Blood?

Well observed. That was a little Easter egg.
Test Subject
#25 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 9:29 PM
looks very scary...almost like a resident evil type of feel i am getting from it..
Page 1 of 3