Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Veil of Dreams Recolor - 20 curtains in 5 Apartment Life colors.

by Honeywell Posted 26th Jun 2010 at 3:44 PM - Updated 26th Jun 2010 at 5:06 PM by Honeywell

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Instructor
#2 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 4:08 PM
These are lovely, and Maxis match makes it even better. Thank you!
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 4:25 PM
You're welcome. I hope you enjoy them.
Instructor
#4 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 4:30 PM
Fantastic! Thanks very much Honey
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 11:22 PM
These are really nice. Thanks much
Mad Poster
#6 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 7:39 AM
Beautiful set ! I love this gorgeous colors you've created. Thanks a ton for sharing
Forum Resident
#7 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 2:29 PM
These are very pretty, but I think the wood tops look a little funny with the textures they have (it would make more sense to me if they were just one large wooden beam). Any chance you could make them just fabric?
Theorist
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by harlequin_eyes
These are very pretty, but I think the wood tops look a little funny with the textures they have (it would make more sense to me if they were just one large wooden beam). Any chance you could make them just fabric?

No, sorry--that chuncky grain was the look I was going for. I would love to make these curtains have another subset and designable in game but it's been pretty confusing trying to figure it out so far for me. Sims 4 will probably be out before I get it right. You're welcome to do whatever you'd like with them to get the look you want, though.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
No, sorry--that chuncky grain was the look I was going for. I would love to make these curtains have another subset and designable in game but it's been pretty confusing trying to figure it out so far for me. Sims 4 will probably be out before I get it right. You're welcome to do whatever you'd like with them to get the look you want, though.

I can't recolor to save my life so I won't be using them, but I did download the aluminum blinds recolors and they look great in-game .
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 6:53 AM
Very Impresive! i like these, a lot! lol, cant wait to see what you come up with next!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 4:57 PM
Thanks for the items. It is a nice idea. I was wondering if you knew of an alternate source for the mod you linked. MATY doesn't seem to like me.
Theorist
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 11:31 PM
Moon Dragon, I just sent you a pm. You should be good to go.
Theorist
Original Poster
#13 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lovely2
The file names have IKEA. Do I need IKEA Stuff Pack? I have Apartment Life.
The curtains are nice!
No, all you need is the basegame--and I hope you enjoy them.

When I was doing these recolors I thought the furniture I was matching the curtains to was from the IKEA stuff pack so that's why they're named that way. Since they were already uploaded when I realized the colors actually came with AL I didn't think it was worth it to take them down and re-label them.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 1:35 AM
These are great! I'd barely use those curtains before - such tacky patterns. Thanks for the upload!
But may I ask, where is that tiled wallpaper (in the kitchen snapshot) from?
Theorist
Original Poster
#15 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ImTheWriter
These are great! I'd barely use those curtains before - such tacky patterns. Thanks for the upload!
But may I ask, where is that tiled wallpaper (in the kitchen snapshot) from?
I'm pretty sure the tile is from the Kitchen & Bath stuff pack but I can't swear to it. I do know they're game content and not custom, though. Thanks for taking a minute to comment; I'm glad you like the curtains.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 5:01 AM
Thank-you!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 19th Nov 2016 at 3:48 AM
These are so lovely! I have no clue how I missed them, but wow! Thank you so much.