Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Add More Traits to Your Sims! (GEN Compatible)

by Rainbow_Brite Posted 6th Jul 2010 at 10:05 PM - Updated 15th Jul 2011 at 12:56 AM by Rainbow_Brite

251 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 187 Feedback Posts, 63 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 11
Field Researcher
#2 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 10:20 PM
Holy shizzlesticks, Batman! This is much needed!

The future is bulletproof,
The aftermath is secondary,
It's time to do it now and do it loud,
Killjoys, make some noise!
Scholar
#3 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 10:21 PM
This is so awesome! I'll download it as soon as downloads are working again.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 10:29 PM
darn!
i saw this and got all excited and then saw that the super computer is needed.
i don't suppose theres chance you would make a version,
that doesn't need that or awesome mod?
Test Subject
#5 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 10:55 PM
Thanks a lot!
I every wanted a mod like this!
Scholar
#6 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 11:04 PM
Interesting mod! Thanks.
Test Subject
#7 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 11:26 PM
Oh.... My.... Gawd! Bananas! A mod I've always dreamed of!
Test Subject
#8 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 11:39 PM
yay! It was just yesterday I was thinking of a mod like this! Thank you!!!
Test Subject
#9 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 11:40 PM Last edited by San_huntress : 6th Jul 2010 at 11:54 PM.
Waiting for the downloads to be up ... I can't wait to use/test this . Thank you so so much!

ok can't wait found your download here also http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=4057.0 :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crazzyferret
darn!
i saw this and got all excited and then saw that the super computer is needed.
i don't suppose theres chance you would make a version,
that doesn't need that or awesome mod?

No I don't The Super Computer is a VERY complex mod made by Twallan but it's a great addition to your game. I would advise you to download it . The reason why you need the SC in your game is because you can't edit that many traits with the testingcheatsenabled true (it caps off at 5). I tried to do it the other night, but didn't get the rest of the options. You could try it and see if it works for you, but I couldn't get it to work in my game. The SC is also useful for seeing non-selectable Sims wants/needs, etc. If you don't want to use SC, you could use the AwesomeMod, as this function is already built in. If you have AM, you hit ctrl + shift + c and type addtrait "green" and you should then have the green thumb trait or droptrait "family" and it will drop the Family Oriented trait

Happy Simming!
Mad Poster
#11 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 1:11 AM
Does this also bypass the "only 5 traits" when traveling in WA?
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 1:25 AM
It's a pretty nice mod, but could you do a modification on this mod like this?

Young Adult and Older: 7
Teens: 5
Children: 4
Toddler: 3

If you can't, I will not be bothered, but if you can, I'll be pretty grateful. (:
Thanks.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by werismyki
Does this also bypass the "only 5 traits" when traveling in WA?

Yes.. the other photo uploaded with the mod shows a teenage Sim in China and she still has all of her traits. As stated in the main text, you might still receive a message telling you that you can't have that many traits or whatever, but just ignore it This mod overrides it.

Shykary: Your Request is posted in the downloads section
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by San_huntress
Waiting for the downloads to be up ... I can't wait to use/test this . Thank you so so much!

ok can't wait found your download here also http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=4057.0 :D

LOL Yea that's my main site Where all of my downloads are hosted.. so if I make a new mod.. it will be posted there first
Test Subject
#15 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 1:52 AM
No Way!!! Awesome

Gregory Jr.
Test Subject
#16 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 2:32 AM
I am running the version _20 (I don't have it maxed out either) it works wonders. So I can say this mod works on all the EPs stated lol. Once agian thank you and if I start having weird problems I'll gladly report.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 2:47 AM
thank you for this, it's a good idea but i think that 5 traits have always been enough for me.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 2:57 AM
well then, i guess this one is still out of my reach.

awesome mod and the super computer are far to complex already,
and to need them to run another mod, makes me nervous.

good job anyway!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 3:30 AM
woot woot thank you, I been wondering when someone would have make this hehe

RIP Elizabeth "MI AMOR" Reyes
Every 5hrs, A young Queer commits Suicide
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crazzyferret
well then, i guess this one is still out of my reach.

awesome mod and the super computer are far to complex already,
and to need them to run another mod, makes me nervous.

good job anyway!

You know the Super Computer requires no player intervention right? All you do is add it to your mods/packages folder and BAM.. it works on all PC's and Sims in the town. All it does is add a new menu option to them Also, Twallan is an incredible modder.. I would trust his mod over any mod you download here by ppl who sometimes don't know what they are doing lol If anything.. you could try to download it, add it to your game and if you don't like it.. take it out. It's not like AM where once it's in.. it has to stay..
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 8:26 AM
Ok this made my day! I already use the SC (how can anyone live without it?) and I <3 traits so I'm going for 20. This should be sweet. Thanks so much!

BTW I do recommend the super computer to anyone. It's really really easy to use. I know nothing about modding, and I've had zero problems. It's added a new dimension to my game that I simply can't describe. (I can't use awesome mod because my computer is too slow - lags terrible. A shame because I do love that mod as well. No lag at all with the super computer.)

---> Do your part <---
Support a free site today
Test Subject
#22 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 8:34 AM
thank you soooo much
Test Subject
#23 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 10:53 AM
I don't see any point in this mod.

I am using TheSuperComputer since a few months and I already set my sims traits more than 5 (my current record is 11 normal traits + a few hidden traits at one sim but I know it could be more).

So what does this mod do that TheSuperComputer doesn't?

Is it that I can change more traits in CAS, when sim is agging up and by shift-clicking on sim in testingcheatsenabled mode?
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 12:20 PM
I am so happy this mod came out! I don't think 5 traits are enough. Also, this is gonna sound stupid but I was wondering if this could be used with Awesomemod or will the game go boom?
Field Researcher
#25 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 1:24 PM
I have always thought there were not enough traits for each age group so this is brilliant. Thank you so much.
Page 1 of 11