Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Aftermath" Series - Sinner's Remorse

by feldynn Posted 6th Jul 2010 at 6:35 AM - Updated 6th Jul 2010 at 12:20 PM by feldynn

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 6:51 AM
Simply AMAZING! This is brilliant man, keep this up :D

Find me on YouTube!
Flabaliki - General gaming
TheSimSupply - Videos all about The Sims!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 7:35 AM
Wow! This is so eerie, desolate and stunning! Like Flabaliki said please keep creating more of these amazing "Aftermath" lots.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 7:47 AM
This is amazing! Beautiful. I think this one is by far my favouite in the series so far.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 8:02 AM
I'm SO removing the basement and setting this to be my town's graveyard. (: Thank you *bow*
Test Subject
#6 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 8:56 AM
This is great, I can't wait to put it in my town
Scholar
#7 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 10:16 AM
Amazing, you have a talent for creating run-down places.
It's really creepy. Very atmospheric. Congrats
Test Subject
#8 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 10:19 AM
Amazing , very detailed! Can I have it in my game if if I don't own WA?
Alchemist
#9 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 11:49 AM
Really interesting building :up. Love how you managed the roof and the overall ruined look.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 12:20 PM
This is amazingly cool. Very well done, I love it!
Mad Poster
#11 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 1:31 PM
Wow, this is really creepy, I love it! Your Aftermath series is great - nice work!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 1:33 PM
Update - I spaced out and forgot that some of the decorative items as well as the fog emitters I used are actually part of Ambitions, so you'll need both WA and Ambitions for it to work / look correctly, main text is updated

Sorry for any confusion there, and thanks all for the positive comments! I'd wrestled a long time with making this a community lot or not especially given the structural / unfurnished cost, even though I finally settled on residential I still think it makes a perfect community lot too .
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 2:28 PM
This is incredibly creative. I really enjoyed how you exposed the beams on the delapidated roof. Nice work!

Bix AKA Champion le Bleu Cardinalis born Nov 18th 2006. Home from Poland Jan 14 2007 with brother Jack!!!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 7:13 PM
Great work, I'm guessing after Create a world gets fixed, you'll be making a post apocalypse world.
Instructor
#15 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 2:22 AM
This is AWESOME work my friend!!! Gfreat series, please continue with great series...I am loving it!!!

Sims 2 *Mo' addictive than a Peanut Butter and Crack Sandwich*
Instructor
#16 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 1:17 AM
Amazing work on the roof and the lot, it really has that Aftermath creepy feel - great work
Test Subject
#17 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 8:10 AM
This is an amazing work ! That just look like the "Carfax Abbey", according to the description of the book, or I am just obsessed by 'Dracula' ?
Thank you (^o^) !
Test Subject
#18 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 10:25 PM
This is amazing and will be a great addition to my post apocalyptic world when I finally get round to finishing it
Test Subject
#19 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 9:56 PM
I added this lot, then deleted it and, what I think is the secret passage, is still there. I have bulldozed the house, then the lot, put a new lot on, deleted that and I still have green lines and boxes under the ground. Any idea how to remove it?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 10:50 PM
If those are the lines I think they are, then they're trigger / link drawings that show where say a floor trigger pad opens a secret wall door. I managed to recreate what you're describing (I think), they should disappear by themselves in Live mode but if they don't you can get rid of them by doing the following:

Enter cheat "Testingcheatsenabled on"
Put any object on the offending lot (I used a floor lamp to test)
Using the Hand Tool, hold down CTRL+SHIFT and click on the object
Select "Add the ability to add triggers and activated behaviours"
Next time you mouse over the object the lines should disappear.
To be doubly sure you can CTRL+SHIFT and click on the object again and select "Triggers" then "Clear deleted references on this lot".

Unless I didn't replicate the exact same problem that should get rid of the link lines .
Test Subject
#21 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 11:18 PM
Thanks, it 's gone.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 9:06 PM
Very creative and CREEPY! Thanks so much for sharing! =)
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 7:12 PM
Oh well, thank you very much! And well done for making it look a bit like the dungeons in Oblivion it really does.

"Knowledge is one part of the battle. Fireballs are the other part."
Test Subject
#24 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 8:24 PM
how did you do that thing with the damaged roof? i wanna make sort of a torn down house for my sims to live in.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ohyeahwellyourmom
how did you do that thing with the damaged roof? i wanna make sort of a torn down house for my sims to live in.

It's a combination of regular roof sections and floor tiles, takes a bit of planning and is best done before you fill the house with any objects or anything (I made the shell building of just walls and then did the roof before doing anything else inside). Basically I started by putting on sections of roof using the roof tool, then put floor tile and low fence down on the top level and using the CFE cheat I raised the ground inside the church until the floor tiles on the top lined up with the roof angle, turned off CFE to flatten the inside again (didn't have any floor tiles there so it was bare ground).

Then it was just a case of deleting parts of the floor tiles to make the holes and broken parts. It took bit of practice to get it right and I did one time flatten it all by accident because I forgot to turn off CFE .
Page 1 of 2