Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 2:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tzigone
Where do you get this from? I haven't read that before and find it interesting and would like to read more. I'm certainly no expert, myself - not even an amateur enthusiast. From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_them_eat_cake (and I don't claim wikipedia as the most reliable source), it seems to fit the traditional application (which I have always thought of and been taught as stupidity and cluelessness about the reality of lives of ordinary people).

I uses the word "brioche" but I've no idea what that referred to in France at the time.
Looking at that, it says that "brioche" is a type of pastry, and I think I get it now: Marie's response to the famine is to let the eat these expensive pastries. She has no idea what a "famine" really is and just thinks it's just a slight drop in food.

ANYWAY...No moar Marie Antoinette. Let's talk about this mod.

The future is bulletproof,
The aftermath is secondary,
It's time to do it now and do it loud,
Killjoys, make some noise!
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Well, the interpretation of any work of art is a very subjective and individual matter -- that's what makes art interesting, after all -- so it's really no surprise if I look at those pieces differently than you do Please don't take it as a personal criticism. Just my view.

The functionality your mod provides is awesome, and it's great that you provided the customization tut as well

It's cool, I just wanted to point out that your view is wrong and that you're a horrible person.

[Kidding, kidding. I didn't take it personally, I just wanted to take the opportunity to point out how much I adore myself.]
Field Researcher
#28 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 4:39 AM
I downloaded this mod a few days ago and I love it. The only picture anyone painted before that I liked was the zebra, and pretty much all my sims paint. I've had an artistic and a virtuoso sim level up to 10 painting skill with this mod, and the paintings were a lot of fun. Thanks Plum, you done good~
Test Subject
#29 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 1:56 PM
LOVE the mod! The tutorial moves the mod into the category "Heavenly"! Thank you!
Alchemist
#30 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 12:09 AM
i downloaded it.

i like it.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Test Subject
#31 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Miko09
Has anyone seen this?

http://thegrownupsarelying.blogspot...ements-for.html

It's a mod that complete overhauls the paintings that sims make. There are technically only 158 paintings(I think there may be more with the inclusion of ambitions) in the game. Depending on the traits a sim has, the sim could just end up painting a picture that has gone through a photoshop filter. Some times the picture is grainy or has a patchwork or stained glass filter applied to it.

This is a complete replacement, which includes 1580 images for the sims to paint. I like to have my sims paint because it's a nice way to make money and it's cool to see all the different paintings they make.

THANK YOU!!!!
Field Researcher
#32 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 6:52 AM
There's a 'helpful' reaction button for a reason... It really comes in handy instead of posting a thank you reply to a thread that's 8 years old.

Just saying..
Page 2 of 2