Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Port La Forks, WA

by GLachaille Posted 14th May 2011 at 7:57 PM

91 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 45 Feedback Posts, 45 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#2 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 4:55 PM Last edited by GLachaille : 11th Apr 2011 at 12:12 AM.
Residential Lots
The next two posts contain the five sample houses: the updated Swan House (movie version), the Ackerly, the Elterich II, 177 Little John and the Marion's Place Center Row House.

Swan (Updated)

Revamped Swan House based on set shots from Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse. Three Bedrooms (only two finished), 1 bath (but room for 2 more). Decorated according to the movies, but layout based best guess on what the house layout may be in RL for the dimensions of the actual house.

Lot Size: 40 x 40
Lot Price:
  • Furnished:77034
  • Unfurnished:47505

Ackerly

Lot Size: 30 x 20
Lot Price:
  • Furnished: 37286
  • Unfurnished: 29561

Items from the Sims Store used in various lots:

Elterich II

Lot Size: 30 x 20
Lot Price:
  • Furnished: 32668
  • Unfurnished: 23408
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 5:21 PM Last edited by GLachaille : 11th Apr 2011 at 12:51 AM.
Default Residential Lots: 177 Little John and Marion's Place
177 Little John

Lot Size: 30 x 30
Lot Price:
  • Furnished: 85603
  • Unfurnished: 55976

Marion's Place - Center Style Row House

Lot Size: 10 x 35
Lot Price:
  • Furnished: 55372
  • Unfurnished: 41891

Items from the Sims Store used in various lots:
Also Included: Pictures of a few other lots that are included in the world, but have not previously loaded to MTS. These lots are NOT part of the five required lots (that are featured above.) These are just additional glimpses of a few houses in town. The Cullen-ish house is also published separately, please see the link below for additional information.

Links to previously published lots that were used in this world:

Black House | Weber House | A Charming Little Houses in White | Cute Little Houses | 2 Swan Road | Victorian Farm Road | Almost Novel Swan House | A Cullen-ish House
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 2:49 PM Last edited by GLachaille : 8th May 2011 at 4:32 PM.
Default Community Lots: Peterson Inn, Forks Gym and Forks Grocery Store plus Wine Store and Wine Bar
Peterson Inn (Wedding Venue)

Lot Size: 50 x 64
Lot Price:
  • Furnished: 74,842
  • Unfurnished: 55,417

The Peterson Inn is based on the Miller Tree Inn in Forks, WA, which was designated by the town of Forks as the "Cullen" house.

Forks Grocery and Wine Bar

Lot Size: 50 x 45
Lot Price:
  • Furnished: 104,464
  • Unfurnished: 61,724

Forks Gym

Lot Size: 35 x 45
Lot Price:
  • Furnished: 171,361
  • Unfurnished: 97,141
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 2:50 PM Last edited by GLachaille : 16th Apr 2011 at 5:07 PM.
Default Community Lots: Tillicum Ball Park and Forks' Memorial Library
Tillicum Ball Park

Lot Size: 64 x 64
Lot Price:
  • Furnished: 104,464
  • Unfurnished: 61,724

Forks' Fire Department

Lot Size: 52 x 46
Lot Price:
  • Furnished: 91,249
  • Unfurnished: 63,439

Also Included: A few additional shots of lots not featured above - but of interest, like Newton's Sporting Goods, the cemetery and a small park.

Links to previously published lots that were used in this world:

Prince of Peace Church
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 14th May 2011 at 9:06 PM
This is awesome! I can't wait to download and play!
Thank you so much.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#7 Old 14th May 2011 at 9:11 PM
Wow this is absolutely beautiful....and realistic, wow great job..... Does this need to be downloaded in three parts also? And did you include La Push? Amazing job really!!!!
Test Subject
#8 Old 15th May 2011 at 12:23 AM
I've been to Forks and LaPush, actually 2 months ago... and you have hit this SPOT on! Love love love it. Now, I wish I had ambitions... so I could play it. Poo

~ Steampunk Savvy ~
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 15th May 2011 at 12:24 AM
It's a gorgeous world! I love the amount of detail! My computer would probably die just trying to download it, but at least I can look at the pictures =)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 15th May 2011 at 8:32 AM
This is what I was waiting for a long, long time. Thank you, from all my heart!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 15th May 2011 at 10:20 AM
I`m downloading it right now! GOOD JOB!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 15th May 2011 at 12:55 PM
Hi, this looks awesome, I can't wait to play it, but I'm having trouble with the download - it keeps erroring when I try to unpack it! Any chance of getting an all in one download?!
Again, looks fantastic!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 15th May 2011 at 1:13 PM
WOW!!! I don't think I could play in it because of the immense detail (trees, especially), but I am very impressed.

Wow!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 15th May 2011 at 1:43 PM
Looks amazing and cant wait to try it. But i have a question first. Have you populated the town yet with sims? Or are they all empty?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 15th May 2011 at 3:42 PM
Thank you all for the nice comments. Makes my day. The town is unpopulated, mostly because I am sure everyone has their own ideas on the towns people for base inspiration of the town.

leam312002 - As for getting it in one download. MTS has a size limit - hence the split rar. If you look at the error - it should tell you which part of the rar is causing the issue - try re-downloading that piece.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 15th May 2011 at 3:56 PM
When we extract the .rar files, will it become all one file? Sorry I have never downloaded a world from here *blushes*
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 15th May 2011 at 11:27 PM
I tried to download part 1 and I got the "file is broken" message. Am I doing something wrong?

Jody
(Pawzim / jrb2037)
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#18 Old 16th May 2011 at 5:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jrb2037
I tried to download part 1 and I got the "file is broken" message. Am I doing something wrong?

You need to download all the rar files. Then once done so, put them all to a same folder. Then right click on the first rar and select "extract here". When it asks for next piece, just browse the second part, and so on. Do this until the process is complete. After that you can install the world normally.

Sometimes you need to rename the rars before extracting, do this by taking of the MTS_xxxxxx_xxxxxx. off the names of each rar (leave the world name and part(number). then right click the first rar and select "extract here". After it's done, just install the world.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 16th May 2011 at 8:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
You need to download all the rar files. Then once done so, put them all to a same folder. Then right click on the first rar and select "extract here". When it asks for next piece, just browse the second part, and so on. Do this until the process is complete. After that you can install the world normally.

Sometimes you need to rename the rars before extracting, do this by taking of the MTS_xxxxxx_xxxxxx. off the names of each rar (leave the world name and part(number). then right click the first rar and select "extract here". After it's done, just install the world.

Your advice on renaming the files helped for the first file, but after that, I'm not quite sure what you mean by browse the second part. I tried extracting the other files, renaming them, but they are at 0kb...
Test Subject
#20 Old 16th May 2011 at 11:21 AM
It keeps saying that it cannot find the next file, and that 'there is no file to extract'. What does this mean????
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 16th May 2011 at 11:25 AM
I find that it has way too many trees, and too many trees does add lag to a world, but hey, it wouldn't be this awesome without them, right? It really gives off that small-town near/on the mountains look
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#22 Old 16th May 2011 at 1:53 PM
Quote:
Your advice on renaming the files helped for the first file, but after that, I'm not quite sure what you mean by browse the second part. I tried extracting the other files, renaming them, but they are at 0kb...

You are mixing two different ways of doing it (see my post above).

Without renaming: put the rars to a folder and select extract here (without renaming!) - in that case it asks you to browse the next file - press browse and select the next part. - Do this until you have extracted all parts.

or

Renaming: put them all to a folder - rename them all by taking off the MTS_GLachaille_xxxxxx_ (where x's are random numbers) - then selecting the first part - and selecting extract here (this doesn't need browsing, if you renamed them right, as shown above, it automatically extracts all the rars to a one sims3pack.

Quote:
It keeps saying that it cannot find the next file, and that 'there is no file to extract'. What does this mean????

see the how to above (without renaming).

I just tested it myself by downloading this world, and both ways work like a charm.

ETA.
GLachaille, what a lovely world this is, great work!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 16th May 2011 at 2:07 PM
I was so excited to find this. But I only have basegame. And I'm guessing this will not work without those expansion packs? It's looks very nice though.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 16th May 2011 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
You are mixing two different ways of doing it (see my post above).

Without renaming: put the rars to a folder and select extract here (without renaming!) - in that case it asks you to browse the next file - press browse and select the next part. - Do this until you have extracted all parts.

or

Renaming: put them all to a folder - rename them all by taking off the MTS_GLachaille_xxxxxx_ (where x's are random numbers) - then selecting the first part - and selecting extract here (this doesn't need browsing, if you renamed them right, as shown above, it automatically extracts all the rars to a one sims3pack.

Okay, it worked this time. Thank you, armiel
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 16th May 2011 at 3:21 PM
Thanks, Armiel for helping with the download confusion and thank you for the comment!

Kristy - unfortunately, I don't think it will work with just base game - I am not sure what would happen with some of the content, how it would replace it or if it would just disappear.
Page 1 of 4