Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Software Engineering Major

by Grangerpup Posted 1st Apr 2011 at 11:30 AM - Updated 2nd Apr 2011 at 1:14 AM by Grangerpup

5 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 12:34 PM
I'm the first one, YAY! Good job, finally I have my major in the Sims But not all SE engineers are nerds and many of them have a body skill The only thing I'm not sure is why the SE engineer should have cooking and cleaning skills, they are really unnecessary in my opinion. But still, you did a great job :D

For more Sims 3 stuff by me - visit Ace Creators
My FB Fan page - Elexis's Sims Stuff
My Simblr - ElexisSims
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 1:19 AM
I originally had one that focused on Mech, Log and I think Create, but looking at official Maxis careers and other custom careers, all skills were required at some point, so I just tweaked that to eliminate the one skill I thought was absolutely unnecessary to have. And FYI, I'll be one of those SE's with body points because I can swim pretty well. I may make a career to go with this major so heads up. BTW it's nice to meet another female SE. (I think you're female)
Field Researcher
#4 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 11:41 PM
Ah, nice major, but I just downloaded it and once I looked at my sim's skills the game crashed. Anyway to fix this?
Test Subject
#5 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheDraizeTrain
Ah, nice major, but I just downloaded it and once I looked at my sim's skills the game crashed. Anyway to fix this?

I was having the same problem. It doesn't look like the creator has looked at the comments recently, but I feel you should know that this download is not completely compatible with Sims 2. I also noticed that every time I clicked on the skill panel the game would crash, so I checked TheSims2.com for updates, but I already had the latest patch so I knew it wasn't that. So I did a test run and realized it only happened when my sim had this major. So I deleted this major from my downloads folder and the problem was solved. Also, for the first semester, there were not enough required skills to raise the bar to 4.0, and the bar would not change when my sim went to class or completed an assignment.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by writerrage
I was having the same problem. It doesn't look like the creator has looked at the comments recently, but I feel you should know that this download is not completely compatible with Sims 2. I also noticed that every time I clicked on the skill panel the game would crash, so I checked TheSims2.com for updates, but I already had the latest patch so I knew it wasn't that. So I did a test run and realized it only happened when my sim had this major. So I deleted this major from my downloads folder and the problem was solved. Also, for the first semester, there were not enough required skills to raise the bar to 4.0, and the bar would not change when my sim went to class or completed an assignment.

I would just like to add that I am having this problem as well. When you click the careers tab, the game crashes. (other than that, it's a really nice major with the descriptions and icon ) It would be great to fix it.