Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 19th Jan 2013 at 8:55 PM
Hello cmomoney,

this is such a great tool that could make working with the multipliers ect. much easier and timesaving in blender without the neccessity to rely on another graphics programm!

I am using blender portable 2.65 - you wrote you updated to 2.65a. Installing the plugin worked well but I can't activate it with checking it on the right. Can the missing "a" in my version be the reason? Or is this the reason: I put the nvidia-folder inside the portable apps blender folder (installation did not copy it there)?

Thank you
lichtje
Advertisement
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#27 Old 19th Jan 2013 at 9:11 PM
The nvidia folder doesn't go there anymore. Blender puts it where it should go if you install it by selecting the whole zip, and not by extracting the contents and installing manually. If it still doesn't work, go to Window->Toggle System Console. Then go back and try to check the box again, and look in the console and tell me what error is there, if any. You do have to wait a second or two after clicking the box for the check to show.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#28 Old 19th Jan 2013 at 9:55 PM
Hello cmomoney,

this was a fast answer - thank you so much! I opend deinstalled the plugin, installed the zip and yes the nvidia files were copied correctly. Still no check possible. I started the blender system console but it stayed black. I thought it might be because I use the blender portable version . Other Sims-pys installed as intended but you never know. I downloaded the original 64-bit 2.65a version an installed it. Your Plugin installed well again and now I was able to activate it. The devil is in the detail - always the same with computers ;-).

I just love working with portable apps, because you can take them with you on a portable harddrive and even have them on vacation and on every foreign computer with you. But some things just don't work well with portable versions.

Thank you so much for pushing blender in sims 3 object creation with all your usefull plugins!

Greetings
lichtje
Test Subject
#29 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 6:41 PM
Default I can not understand...
Quote: Originally posted by cmomoney
The nvidia folder doesn't go there anymore. Blender puts it where it should go if you install it by selecting the whole zip, and not by extracting the contents and installing manually. If it still doesn't work, go to Window->Toggle System Console. Then go back and try to check the box again, and look in the console and tell me what error is there, if any. You do have to wait a second or two after clicking the box for the check to show.

Do I need to copy the nvidia folder where?
my blender version 2.65a..
It is hard.
easily described..plz,,,
Test Subject
#30 Old 20th May 2013 at 8:51 AM
Sooner or later, you may want to use an image texture on your model. If you are using an external application, you need to know where on the mesh you are painting. You may also need to test your UV mapping with a test image. This section covers how to export an outline of your UV map, and how to load images into the UV editor........

#31 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 7:46 PM
Please see at the image:
http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/851/i0pz.jpg

It seems that Your plugin doesn't work at all. Have You tested it or it was released without any test?
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#32 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anders211
Please see at the image:
http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/851/i0pz.jpg

It seems that Your plugin doesn't work at all. Have You tested it or it was released without any test?

First of all, you would probably be better helped if you tried not being rude. My addon does work, it was tested for months, and updated many times in almost two years.

Secondly, I'll pretend you weren't rude and say that this addon is not meant to be used in the Viewer Node, which is why you received the error. But that error occurred after the dds file was created, so you may want to check the folder that you saved to for the created dds.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#33 Old 13th May 2014 at 11:12 AM
Default How to install the Nvidia folder
Quote: Originally posted by shoue
Do I need to copy the nvidia folder where?
my blender version 2.65a..
It is hard.
easily described..plz,,,

I think perhaps the overall confusion of where to put the Nvidia folder arrives from the fact that it's not mentioned anywhere that the zip-file has to be installed by the Addon installer in Blender itself - most people seem to believe that you have to do some installing with the zip-file alone. At least I did!

So, for newbies like myself: Don't open and extract the zip-file! Save the zip-file to your computer, start Blender, Click File -> "User Preferences", press button "install from file", Find the location of the downloaded zip-file, select it, press button "install from file".

When the coin eventually dropped and I did install it the way it was supposed to be installed, it worked like a charm!
Page 2 of 2