Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#16526 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 7:42 PM
I am back, and it's not the best work I have ever done but it's better than nothing: Chapter 6.3 - Genie Magic
Advertisement
Scholar
#16527 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 8:31 AM
The cruz legacy is complete and i won't be doing any more sims 3 challenges but i do have sims 4 ones if anyone is intrested, they are in my signature. Chapter 10.5
Scholar
Original Poster
#16528 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 7:54 PM
Awwr, we will miss you!
Scholar
#16529 Old 24th Sep 2019 at 3:23 PM
Test Subject
#16530 Old 1st Oct 2019 at 4:30 PM
I recently installed my Sims 3 again and thought that I might try doing the Random Legacy Challenge. My first roll gave me The Shake Up for family structure but I don't think I understand that one so I rolled again and got Couple... for the second generation I rolled The Shake Up again and I figure I can't keep running from it... Can anyone explain it to me?

My Sim needs to meet and move in two Sims - She needs to be romantically involved and have kids with only one of them. I think I understand that part well enough... maybe.
How is this different from Couple + Friend?
Does the Sim she's not romantically involved with move out? If so, when?
Scholar
Original Poster
#16531 Old 1st Oct 2019 at 7:32 PM
In The Shake Up, the family structure gets... well... shaken up.

Your heir will live with [sim 1] for a while, and then [sim 1] leaves when/before the heir starts to live with [sim 2].

[Sim 1] or [Sim 2] must be the heir's romantic interest / spouse... but that means the other one must be just a friend.

So [sim 1] can be romance and [sim 2] can be friend, or [sim 1] can be friend and [sim 2] can be romance. Up to you.

Make sense?
Test Subject
#16532 Old 1st Oct 2019 at 8:36 PM
Thank You for the reply @NutsAndDolts - I think I understand it now
Scholar
Original Poster
#16533 Old 1st Oct 2019 at 11:59 PM
No probs, hope you enjoy the challenge!
Test Subject
#16534 Old 2nd Oct 2019 at 4:03 PM Last edited by Onyeka001 : 10th Oct 2019 at 8:08 AM. Reason: Added a new chapter to the list
Thanks!

I'm having enough fun that I want to try and document my poor Sim's life... in other words, I'm having a lot of fun :D

Intro - This is Carly Hogweed
1.1 - Dream Man
1.2 - The Kids
1.3 - Determined Eco-Freak
1.4 - Teenagers
Test Subject
#16535 Old 13th Oct 2019 at 5:13 PM
Hello everyone!

So, given my game is a buggy piece of crap that can't get past five generations without breaking, combined with the fact that I haven't updated in nearly a month and want something fresh to do, I've decided to leave the McKrackens as a half legacy. It has been a lot of fun, and I absolutely loved my time with them, but it is time to move on to some fresh faces.

Which means it's time to introduce you to the new founder.

Meet Regina Bindiver: https://imgur.com/a/xSdw9QQ

I've tried to get the insert image thing to work and it won't.
Test Subject
#16536 Old 18th Oct 2019 at 2:49 PM
A new little update from the Hogweed family of Moonlight Falls

1.5 - Bye Bye Pixie!
Scholar
#16537 Old 20th Oct 2019 at 9:48 PM
Just wanted to pop up and say I'm alive. My mental illness is flaring up making it hard to be creative or keep my head above water.

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Lab Assistant
#16538 Old 12th Nov 2019 at 5:50 PM
No activity in three weeks?? What about us lurkers? Should we have nothing to read? Have a heart!

Absolutely Cuckoo - I'm Surrounded By Idiots
Pollard - a Boolprop EPIC challenge
Test Subject
#16539 Old 20th Nov 2019 at 8:05 PM
Sorry! I've been dealing with work and depression :<

I want to start again, but it's finding the time to do it all!
Field Researcher
#16540 Old 21st Nov 2019 at 9:06 PM Last edited by Marcy : 3rd Dec 2019 at 11:34 PM.
Sooo I haven't posted in ages. I made a new legacy because I wanted to do an actually directionless blog without a story.

So enjoy these;

1.0 Damaris in Twinbrook

1.1 Hooray!

1.2 Friendly Faces

EDIT:

1.3 Fun Distractions

1.4 The One Really Long Chapter

1.5 Only One You

1.6 That One Really Short Chapter
Scholar
Original Poster
#16541 Old 4th Dec 2019 at 4:12 AM
Popping in to express sympathies and empathy for everybody's various troubles. I miss you all and hope you have a wonderful holiday season.

While my interest in my blogs has not waned, I have been very busy, and uncertain where I once found the time to play so much sims!

I even quit MMO raiding this past summer, and I still can't seem to find much time in the day.

It's not a sad or overworked kind of busy; I have always had other creative projects. Some have taken bigger priority and I'm hopeful I'll be able to share them one day.

I still check up on this thread frequently and enjoy everybody's stories though! Keep being creative! <3
Field Researcher
#16542 Old 4th Dec 2019 at 11:00 PM Last edited by Marcy : 5th Dec 2019 at 7:42 PM.
Another Sykes update!

1.7 Invitations

EDIT:
1.8 Going Out
Test Subject
#16543 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 7:20 PM
Hey, friends! Long time no see.

I also wanted to take a moment to say how sorry I am for everyone's losses and hard times. I hope you all are able to take the time you need for yourself to rest, reflect, and heal. And that includes those who are doing okay--rest is still important!

I dropped off the face of the forums around late August, as I had a week and a half trip to Korea to visit some close friends, and then immediately went back to school. I'm not sure if I've ever talked much about myself, but I am a college student, and this being my senior year, I'm now the busiest I ever have been. I'm expecting to graduate Spring 2020, and for the jobs I'm looking for, applications are already due around this time of year. Things are going good for now, but I am extremely busy, and when I do have time to relax, it's not time that can be sunk into the 2+ hours minimum Sims 3 requires (thanks, loading time...). Like NutsAndDolts said, I'm still very much interested in writing my blogs, but since I also do so much writing (creative and otherwise) for school, most of my creative energy goes toward that.

I'm sad to see some bloggers I knew have to step away for a while, though I completely understand; and I'm super excited to see new folks here! The semester is almost over, and though I probably should be dedicating all my time making sure everything ends well, I am going to take some time today to see what everyone's sims have been up to. Expect a lot of comments from me as I do so.

Also, I do have an update.

::1.4:: Newlife (And The Ones Who Walk Away)

This was written ages ago, like the end of August. I intended to post it alongside a Wilder-Moon update, which is why it stayed in drafts for so long. Obviously, that didn't happen, and at this point I'm tired of it laying around. I really want to update Wilder-Moon; I've been thinking about them a lot lately. But, until then, here's Hansol once again.
Field Researcher
#16544 Old 9th Dec 2019 at 4:07 PM Last edited by Marcy : 9th Dec 2019 at 7:59 PM.
A Sykes update!

1.9 Pass Along

2.0 Family
Test Subject
#16545 Old 9th Dec 2019 at 9:22 PM
I AM BACK, FOR REALS

And with a new half legacy from someone we all know and somewhat love: Chapter 1.1 - Back to Basics
Field Researcher
#16546 Old 11th Dec 2019 at 3:03 PM Last edited by Marcy : 12th Dec 2019 at 7:22 PM.
2.1 Insights to be Gained

Another Sykes update! The title is way deeper than the chapter, trust me.

EDIT: Another one!

2.2 A Break

2.3 Choices

2.4 Bittersweet

2.5 Slip By

2.6 Little One

2.7 Strange Feeling

2.8 Spooky Day
Test Subject
#16547 Old 12th Dec 2019 at 9:13 PM
A short update today. Sorry!

Chapter 1.2 - Triplet Trouble
Field Researcher
#16548 Old 16th Dec 2019 at 4:33 PM Last edited by Marcy : 16th Dec 2019 at 5:00 PM.
Lab Assistant
#16549 Old 17th Dec 2019 at 1:03 PM
I had some fun times irl too and it's actually quite fitting with my legacy too. I built the small Harris house after my own little apartment, but the block I live in is going to be demolished and the city is so kind to not even offer an alternative for me to live in. My sims are also moving from this home, but more because it was too small.
1.13 - Left Behind
[more irl ranting: My sims definitely have it better than me though, cause it's absolutely impossible to find affordable apartments here and I will have no choice but to live with a roommate. Blergh. Good bye, lovely single household life.
Field Researcher
#16550 Old 18th Dec 2019 at 7:26 PM Last edited by Marcy : 19th Dec 2019 at 2:56 PM.
Page 662 of 676