Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pushup animation package

by simoro Posted 15th Jul 2012 at 8:07 PM

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 9:14 PM
Wow, this is awesome!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 9:43 PM
This looks way cool! Quick question though, is it only a part of the workout routine or is it also a standalone animation? If so, how do you activate it? Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 9:47 PM
Youre gifted, thank you so much for this.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 10:59 PM
This is epic, I'm surprised that EA did already do this! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 12:53 AM
This is awesome, thanks!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 1:21 AM
Wow! I have downloaded and will add it tonight! Thank you!
Interstellar Traveler
THANKS POST
#8 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 3:51 AM
Awesome! The first animation to but uploaded!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 5:20 AM Last edited by gesimz : 16th Jul 2012 at 8:40 AM.
I've wanted something like this for quite some time. Tested and works seamlessly without overriding the existing animations for standing work outs.

Nice work!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 10:44 AM
Awesome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 10:59 AM
Lovely! Thank you!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 12:17 PM
Great idea, love how it just automatically and seamlessly becomes part of the regular exercise routine, thank you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 1:04 PM
Default Standalone Pushups
Quote: Originally posted by Studio954
This looks way cool! Quick question though, is it only a part of the workout routine or is it also a standalone animation? If so, how do you activate it? Thanks!

Currently, it is just a new animation tucked in with the rest of the work out, so there is no command that triggers it explicitly. It is part of both the cardio and strength routine, but since the various exercises are chosen at random, with random duration, it does not always come up. An animation player should be able to find it and play it no problem. I could certainly make just a pushup command, but it would not build athletic skill or fatigue, as my skills have not reached that level yet. Soon though (^_^)....
Theorist
#14 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 3:04 PM
Wow, freakin' push-ups!
And seamlessly integrated into standard workouts? WOO!!

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
#15 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simoro
Currently, it is just a new animation tucked in with the rest of the work out, so there is no command that triggers it explicitly. It is part of both the cardio and strength routine, but since the various exercises are chosen at random, with random duration, it does not always come up. An animation player should be able to find it and play it no problem. I could certainly make just a pushup command, but it would not build athletic skill or fatigue, as my skills have not reached that level yet. Soon though (^_^)....

Thanks for the answer! It's beautifully done either way, so thanks for your hard work!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 4:06 PM
Forgot to ask, are you looking into the possibility of creating an abdominal crunch exercise floor animation as well like there is in the Sims 2?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 6:23 PM
You are so cool for this Ty!
Test Subject
#18 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 7:54 PM
Default :d
Quote: Originally posted by gesimz
Forgot to ask, are you looking into the possibility of creating an abdominal crunch exercise floor animation as well like there is in the Sims 2?

I second that Great work btw!

"If I did not fear incarceration from human authority figures,
I would terminate your life functions by applying sufficient pressure
to your blunt skull so as to force its collapse!"
-Beldar Conehead
Instructor
THANKS POST
#19 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 10:46 PM
Cool! Makes the average workout more interesting Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 4:16 AM
This is the one of the single most important player contributions to sims 3 because many moders have said that it was impossible to make an animation and others thought it was possible but failed and wasted everyone's time.

I dub you the "Carl Sagan" of Sims 3, wear it with pride.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 5:46 PM
Alright an animation! This is great.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#22 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 8:45 PM
Yes! this is just the beginning. Hopefully creators will have custom animations with custom objects very soon.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 9:23 PM
See this is what I've been thinking is missing! Push ups and even Sit ups. Hell I wonder why EA didn't even put in 'Exercise bikes, know what I mean? They're missing so much with the workout routines. DLing this easily.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
THANKS POST
#24 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 11:56 PM
Very, very impressive, not only creating a custom animation but incorporating it into the EA exercise routine!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 12:11 AM
Thanks for sharing!
Page 1 of 2