Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Brass beds mask fix

by armiel Posted 4th Sep 2012 at 5:55 PM - Updated 5th Sep 2012 at 5:22 AM by armiel : Brainfart.. this was made with 1.38 :D

37 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 6:36 PM
Thanks, good eye
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 8:20 PM
I've never noticed this but now I probably won't be able to not notice it. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 8:30 PM
Nice job!
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator THANKS POST
#5 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 11:19 PM
Thank you, armi dear! My sims (and their less sore backs) thank you kindly.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 1:01 AM
Great idea, but it's not working with base game patch 1.38. I've always hated the way EA neglected that bed. What were they thinking...lol
Scholar
THANKS POST
#7 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 2:47 AM
Wow. I never noticed! But thanks for the fix.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 4:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebud1773
Great idea, but it's not working with base game patch 1.38. I've always hated the way EA neglected that bed. What were they thinking...lol
You did clear the caches did you? And this is a default replacement, so there is no new object, just the fixed originals. Is working just fine for me on 1.38.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 6:31 AM
Yikes, I can't believe I never noticed this before. Haha! Good eye!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#10 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 2:15 PM
"Fixing problems you didn't know you had." should be your slogan lol, awesomesauce for this.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 2:30 PM
Good eye, armiel. Yet another one for that mod folder........
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 3:52 PM
How could I have missed this?! Especially after I obsessed over the moving shadows which EA did eventually get around to fixing.
I suppose it could explain why the bed gives such "bad night's sleep" moodlets, lol.

Fantastic work and a file that will definately be making a home in my Mods folders!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
You did clear the caches did you? And this is a default replacement, so there is no new object, just the fixed originals. Is working just fine for me on 1.38.

Cleared the cache a couple times over to be sure. I run a game moderately heavy with Twallan's mods. Also have several CAS related defaults, nothing in there to override any other furniture textures so it has to be the patch. My best guess is that it's my particular game configuration (base game only) along with the patch that are preventing this default file from overriding the texture. As I said, great idea, but I, unfortunately, will have to continue to suffer with a metal box-springs for the moment.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#14 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 10:53 PM
I must be blind.. You have good eyes Armiel
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 12:39 AM
Ummm its called a "Boat Frame" Where the spring set is not shown.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 1:49 AM
Is this the beginning of un-retirement? :D
Interstellar Traveler
THANKS POST
#17 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 2:48 AM
Yay! Thank you armi!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 3:52 AM
Main update patch was in, store update wasn't. It must have been a weird glitch. The override works great. Awesome work, now my sims can have a real box-springs..
Test Subject
#19 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 4:21 PM
It's called a B.R.A.S.S. bed for a reason...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 6:10 PM
I never wanted to use that bed because of its ugly box spring, thank you soo much! <3
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 6:19 PM
Box spring or not, it being same material as the bedframe does not quite make sense to me (I Googled, a lot, and did not find a single uglie like the one I've now fixed to look prettier.)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 12:46 PM
I found that problem RIGHT b4 getting on MTS and im like "Someone needs to fix that..." Then i found your mod >:DD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 2:16 PM
Wow, I never noticed that! I've been cruel to my Sims all the time :O. Thanks!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 11:35 AM
But the EA-bed does contain a mattress? Just look at the cushions: They are lying on a mattress. The blanket itself is very thin, but lying on it (and covering it), too. Anyway, your creation is great for those, who prefer this altered look, I was just curious, sorry
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 15th Sep 2012 at 2:35 AM
I never noticed this, but you better believe it would have driven me nuts if I had. And now that I know, I can't go without this. Thank you!

(Nice to see you back, too.)
Page 1 of 2