Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ambiguous Architecture - Modern design

by The Builder Posted 23rd Dec 2012 at 2:31 PM

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 2 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 2:37 PM
Looks great. Good work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 10:05 PM
Fantastic visual design, particularly the extraordinary stone and metal fencing atop the slightly higher foundation. And while I understand how to do it (the fencing) immediately, it had never occurred to me to mix and match in such a simple-yet-beautiful manner. It creates a feeling of seclusion without isolation, a perfect balance that creates an intimate setting.

Very well done. This will definitely replace a lot in any world I play. One lot. Not a lot of lots.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 10:32 PM
This is really nice, I dig the light-filled 'airy' feel of the stairwell. What exactly did it replace in your game? I'm horrible at finding new spots for dwellings.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 24th Dec 2012 at 11:16 PM
A really interesting build, good job! I like how there are so many contrasting angles and surfaces.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 25th Dec 2012 at 9:07 AM
Beautiful work on the angles, and I love the color scheme as well as the fences used to make a skylight.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 25th Dec 2012 at 9:32 PM
This looks ABSOLUTELY a-FRAKIN-mazing... It really is!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 27th Dec 2012 at 3:54 AM
I admire your ability to design such a marvelous structure.
Test Subject
#9 Old 27th Dec 2012 at 6:01 PM
This looks really nice!

How do you place windows on the roof or even build in that angle, just wondering?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Dec 2012 at 2:44 AM
Thank you all for the nice comments, it means so much!

@ziti: I just bulldozed a building where the super stars lives. I'm not sure if there are any empty spaces with the correct size.

@Snu: It's a rather complex procedure that involves the cheat "constrainfloorelevation false". It's the same method as making curved roofs. Try to google "curved roofs in sims 3" or something like that.
Test Subject
#11 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 9:56 AM
I love this house--the curved roof is amazing. Just a question, though, is there a kitchen? I looked through the top-down screenshots and didn't see one. Downloading anyway, this is great!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 5:00 AM
Very nice architecture indeed! I like how you can walk up the front walkway then straight through to the rear pool area.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 5:07 AM
If I could Elope with a house...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 10:55 PM
That house looks amazing--especially the roof. Fantastic work. This looks like it took a ton of time for planning and construction, considering how difficult it is to get everything to look exactly the way you want.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#15 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 1:09 AM
Thanks everyone, and it finally got a star!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 3rd May 2013 at 5:15 AM
Nice work, but kitchen space seems too small compare to the house size.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 6:54 PM
Thanks a bunch for sharing :-) Really like the modern feel to it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 9:07 PM
This house is gorgeous. I snagged it to use in my Sims Legacy story (over 65 chapters). I'm not up to the new house chapter yet, but I'll throw a link up to give you credit when I post it, because my building skills are strugglin' and there's no way people should even think for a minute I made your house.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 6:53 PM
thnx!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 16th May 2014 at 4:45 PM
Thank you for your time and effort.