Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Chef Plant v1.30 (28th Jul 2013)

by douglasveiga Posted 29th Jan 2013 at 10:11 AM - Updated 16th Mar 2014 at 3:04 PM by douglasveiga

126 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 50 Feedback Posts, 75 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 6
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 11:19 AM
This is very interesting - kind of like the Omni plant, but you don't choose what it grows. I have a question for you; does it drop random seeds, like the Money Tree does? Or do you have to buy them at the store? I'm asking because I was wondering if there would be different quality levels of seeds.

I believe I will try this, at least in some of my games. It is certainly very unique and interesting!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 12:32 PM
Wow. That is just awesome!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 2:47 PM
This is so awesome! What a wonderful and quirky idea! Thank you! I predict lots of fun with this in game!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 2:55 PM
Genius!

And I second Amber Lokisdotter's question!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 3:37 PM
You're a genius, this is such a good idea (:
I can't wait to try it out!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#7 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 3:46 PM
Why does your grass looks so weird? o.o
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 5:05 PM
Oh my gosh, this is such a cool idea! I always liked planting special seeds because I don't know which plant is gonna grow. I must try this mod out later and see how it is! Thanks~
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 5:44 PM
This is pretty hilarious! Thank-you!
Forum Resident
#10 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 6:17 PM
Amazing... but (always there is a but) can you make another Chief plant for the alchemy plant?... (mushrooms and other alchemy plants)...
I'll be capable to plant in pots all this...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 7:43 PM
Awesome!! Does this produce Life/Flame Fruits and Death Flowers too??
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 8:38 PM
Something I didn't know I needed.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#13 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 9:02 PM
Great idea, thank you!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#14 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 9:41 PM
I love this!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#15 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 10:42 PM
Have I already mentioned you're a genius? Forgive me, if I haven't
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#16 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 10:47 PM
What an excellent idea. I love how it "grows" the books to learn a recipe. Wish this was available in real life. I might wait until University comes out since a new patch will be coming and I don't want to be use to this mod then not have it anymore.

Thank you for sharing your genius idea with us.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 10:56 PM
That is pretty cool.
One Minute Ninja'd
#18 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
What an excellent idea. I love how it "grows" the books to learn a recipe. Wish this was available in real life. I might wait until University comes out since a new patch will be coming and I don't want to be use to this mod then not have it anymore.

Thank you for sharing your genius idea with us.

You always have to be the practical one. Let your hair down and do something crazy once in a while.

Despite well placed misgivings about EA setting out to deliberately destroy this inventive idea, I've got to give it a try. Well done!
Test Subject
#19 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 1:16 AM
Awww, I wish it would work with a planter. I can only plant it outside. Would it be possible to make it compatible with planters? :D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#20 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 1:27 AM
You rock! I now want to lock you in my computer room and pay you to only produce kicka$$ mods!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 2:14 AM
Well, this is a super cool idea! I will be downloading it immediately.
Inventor
Original Poster
#22 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 2:18 AM Last edited by douglasveiga : 13th Sep 2013 at 1:47 AM.
Thank you everybody!

Quote: Originally posted by PrinJess
Awww, I wish it would work with a planter. I can only plant it outside. Would it be possible to make it compatible with planters? :D

still don't know why doesn't work, i will take a look.

Quote: Originally posted by Chris@ngelo
Awesome!! Does this produce Life/Flame Fruits and Death Flowers too??

sorry, doesn't. only produces ingredients that are also available at the Grocery Store.

Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
Why does your grass looks so weird? o.o

it's because i always run my game on low quality to increase performance.

Quote: Originally posted by catalina_45
Amazing... but (always there is a but) can you make another Chief plant for the alchemy plant?... (mushrooms and other alchemy plants)...

maybe.

Quote: Originally posted by Amber Lokisdotter
does it drop random seeds, like the Money Tree does? Or do you have to buy them at the store? I'm asking because I was wondering if there would be different quality levels of seeds.

no, doesn't drop random seeds, but produces Chef's Plant Seeds when you get a "Perfect" quality plant. according to the code, the quality of the seed is always "Neutral". (like Omni Plant does)

Quote: Originally posted by twallan
That is pretty cool.

thank you!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#23 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 2:45 AM
Genius mod, one of the best ideas I've seen in a while!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 3:28 AM
Douglas, I have a few of your MODS, but I have to say I think this is your best work yet! Job well done!
Mad Poster
#25 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 6:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
You always have to be the practical one. Let your hair down and do something crazy once in a while.

Despite well placed misgivings about EA setting out to deliberately destroy this inventive idea, I've got to give it a try. Well done!

Why do I feel like you are the devil on my shoulder? Oh what the hay...let me at it.

Douglasviega, I will hunt you down if you don't update this plant in a month. *LMAO*

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Page 1 of 6