Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Professor Career - Custom Everything!! Outfit, Journals, Opportunities, et. al

by taylorb1000 Posted 31st May 2013 at 3:36 PM - Updated 16th Aug 2020 at 10:17 PM by taylorb1000

69 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts, 34 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 31st May 2013 at 5:00 PM
Terrific! As modders do, you have now quite masterfully created something that EA should have offered from the beginning. This promises to be one of my most oft-used career mods. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 31st May 2013 at 5:04 PM
This is really amazing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 31st May 2013 at 5:43 PM
Wowzers! This is simply amazing! I applaud you, sir!
Test Subject
#5 Old 31st May 2013 at 8:25 PM
this is so awesome thankyou !!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 31st May 2013 at 9:02 PM
Fantastic thanks. By the way it's Twallen not Twillan.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 31st May 2013 at 9:04 PM
What a great idea! It complements the homeworld University nicely. Well done.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 31st May 2013 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by snakeboy
Fantastic thanks. By the way it's Twallen not Twillan.

Actually, it's Twallan.

Edit: Oh, and thanks for this! (<-- ex-university lecturer :o)

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 31st May 2013 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
Actually, it's Twallan.

Edit: Oh, and thanks for this! (<-- ex-university lecturer :o)

Fixed, and then fixed again. Lol. Thank you very much.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 31st May 2013 at 10:03 PM
I fixed the descriptions, they were a bit off for some of the tracks.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 31st May 2013 at 10:04 PM
As a PhD student, I'm so glad I can now force my sims into the same life of misery that I chose! Thanks for making this, I was wondering why EA didn't include an academia career with the University EP!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 31st May 2013 at 10:30 PM
This looks like fun. The career event with the crazy professor cracked me up. Thanks for making this career. It's perfect for University Life.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 31st May 2013 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by purplebookworm2
As a PhD student, I'm so glad I can now force my sims into the same life of misery that I chose! Thanks for making this, I was wondering why EA didn't include an academia career with the University EP!

Yes! My wife and I are both doctoral candidates. So I thought it only right that my Sims should share in this dual misery-complex thing we have going. Plus my dad was getting his Ph.d. when I was born (now a professor, lol) so I was literally born into grad school misery.

For non-inclusion of career, I agree. U-Life features professors but no career for your sim to then become one. The only reason I can think of is because there were no previously existing homeworld rabbitholes for the career. All prior new expansion-careers had some obvious rabbithole that already existed in the homeworlds for which the new careers could logically use. (Bridgeport, Sunset Valley, etc.). Uni Prof using grade school doesn't really make sense.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 31st May 2013 at 11:27 PM
Wow! you did an extraordinary job in putting this together. The descriptions and career tracks are amazing!! Thank you
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#15 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 12:56 AM
Love it. Can't wait to test it out in my game. Thanks a bunch, taylorb1000
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 2:56 AM
Excellent! Now my sims can suffer like I did!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#17 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 3:50 AM
Thank you very much for mentioning my Tourism Career as a reference! I'm glad that you've looked into mine as a bit o' help. I always do this to find out how something is done.

BTW this career is Brilliant! I'll use it when I get University Life. Just wonder how long did it take you to finish this career? Very detailed! With opportunities, events and more! Super!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#18 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 7:11 AM
This is great, thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 8:40 AM
Oh if only real life academia paid this well
Inventor
THANKS POST
#20 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 11:10 AM
Once again, a modder does what Eaxis should have done in the first place.

"Where is the professor career?" was my first thought after I started UL. Now I finally got one. Big thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 1:16 PM
This is the best custom career hands down! This is too amazing, and I don't even play the sims 3, but I am going to start up my game just to play.Thanks for all your effort and time put into this, it definitely shows!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 8:13 PM
So, I can live in the university world while doing science forever? It sounds awesome!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#23 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 8:14 PM
Fantastic.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 8:25 PM Last edited by taylorb1000 : 23rd Jun 2013 at 12:52 AM.
Default Pay Scales
Quote: Originally posted by baskerwil
Oh if only real life academia paid this well

Yes, the pay is based on the fact that the EA University-required careers (game industry, sports agent, etc) have MUCH higher "simoleon" pay scales, and simoleons also don't exactly match up to the dollar.

The career is meant to take place at the "prestigious" Sims University. Even so, the "HOURLY base pay" of this career's levels are roughly equivalent to the YEARLY salary one would make in that position at a real life ivy league university. (As in the 28 base pay for grad student in this career is really the $28,000 MAX stipend amount grads can receive at my school, for example. So in reality the top possible "hourly" base pay rate for grad students is $13 an hour.)
Test Subject
#25 Old 2nd Jun 2013 at 10:14 AM
How do I make this job opportunity show up when I have a custom university installed in the homeworld? Do I make the sim attend school in another track or what?
Page 1 of 3