Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Medieval/Fantasy Foraging Career

by feyerin Posted 28th Jun 2013 at 7:56 PM - Updated 16th Aug 2013 at 4:07 AM by feyerin : Added Language Strings

12 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 9:27 PM
Another one to thank you for! I never would have thought of this career, but it's totally appropriate.

A question, though - wouldn't Collecting be a more appropriate skill than Athletic, for this? With certain mods you can make the hidden skills visible; even when they aren't visible, you still have the skill levels. It just seems to me that this would be more logical for this specific career.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 29th Jun 2013 at 5:19 AM
Love the career you've made, feyerin
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 29th Jun 2013 at 6:12 AM
What do you mean you have to place the rabbit hole? Isn't the regular grocery store enough or is there something additional? Please clarify. Thanks and I love the idea for this career. It's just the type of game/career I'd love to play.
Test Subject
#5 Old 29th Jun 2013 at 11:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by edejan
What do you mean you have to place the rabbit hole? Isn't the regular grocery store enough or is there something additional? Please clarify. Thanks and I love the idea for this career. It's just the type of game/career I'd love to play.

Edejan: It is the Grocery Rabbit hole you have to place if it´s not already in your town
Mad Poster
#6 Old 29th Jun 2013 at 7:14 PM
OK. Thanks! That I can understand...if it's more complicated I get lost!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 7:13 PM
Yes it would, Amber. For my own mental health, however, I'm trying to keep these careers simple and straight forward to avoid having to go back and figure out what's borked in the STBL every time I test it in game and it doesn't work. As it is, I have to do that several times anyway, just because. For example, this time around I discovered that the STBL does not accept characters like &. It took me three hours of hemming and hawing and cutting and moving code/text to figure that out; this on top of the gross amount of around 15 hours to plot out the descriptions, edit, create the STBL files, check hex codes, edit, etc. etc. etc. I also don't want to make a career that may depend on a mod or that will cause people, who didn't read the directions or forgot which skills will be needed, to be puzzled and frustrated when their sims don't advance.

See information about my Medieval/Fantasy Custom Careers in my Journal!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 6:24 PM
As a forager in real life and the Sims, I thank you for this. I appreciate your time and energy. Does it work with the newest patch/EP, 1.55?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 3:24 PM
As far as I know, it should! Upgrading patches did not seem to affect my other two careers. I haven't upgraded to 1.55 yet, so I haven't tested it. Just make sure you have the grocery rabbit hole (EA building or rabbit hole rug lot) in the town before putting the career in your mod file.

See information about my Medieval/Fantasy Custom Careers in my Journal!
Test Subject
#10 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 12:57 AM
I followed all the instructions but the job is not showing up in the grocery store, only the default part time job, same for your other careers
Test Subject
#11 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 5:30 AM
I've had problems with this mod not working in neighborhoods like Dragon Valley, and I'm wanting to try using it in Lunar Lakes. Is there a way to fix it if the original rabbit holes don't work correctly? And I do have the necessary mods required to play modded careers because they career mod does work in neighborhoods like Moonlight Falls and Sunset Valley.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 11:29 PM
Cool! I like this idea!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#13 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 5:28 PM
Thank You