Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mirrors Shift & Hide With Walls Down

by alverdine Posted 21st Sep 2013 at 12:12 PM - Updated 22nd Sep 2013 at 12:28 AM by alverdine

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 21st Sep 2013 at 1:13 PM
Thanks for sharing this mod, those full length mirrors can be problematic.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Sep 2013 at 1:23 PM
No problemo, I've had these in my game for a while, just thought I'd share now since my Sims 3 collection is complete and I won't have to keep adding to the list.
I'm also thinking about uploading all the curtains as another shiftable set.
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Sep 2013 at 2:32 PM
Thank you very much, this mod is great
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 21st Sep 2013 at 4:32 PM
This is great! I really don't like having to arrange bathrooms so the mirror is unobtrusive. I would love the shiftable curtains - I have some of them shiftable but not all. Thanks.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Sep 2013 at 4:57 PM
Sure, well I'll probably try uploading them tomorrow, in the same structured EP/SP sets so you can just grab the ones you don't have.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 21st Sep 2013 at 6:03 PM
This is genius. Thank you!
Test Subject
#8 Old 21st Sep 2013 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alverdine
No problemo, I've had these in my game for a while, just thought I'd share now since my Sims 3 collection is complete and I won't have to keep adding to the list.
I'm also thinking about uploading all the curtains as another shiftable set.

I would love to see curtains become shiftable. There are so many windows that don't sit right with the curtains. Same with archways, as I like to put curtains on those as well.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 21st Sep 2013 at 8:32 PM
You may wish to point out to downloaders that if a Sim does interract with a shifted mirror they may "hover" during the use if it has been raised. I don't know what happens if you shift a mirror down as I've never tried.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Sep 2013 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
You may wish to point out to downloaders that if a Sim does interract with a shifted mirror they may "hover" during the use if it has been raised. I don't know what happens if you shift a mirror down as I've never tried.

Oh, I didn't even realise this was an issue as I mainly use them for decoration. Just went into my game and you're right they do hover when the mirror's raised. When the mirror is lowered they throw a route fail tantrum.
Good call, I'll add that in the description.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 25th Sep 2013 at 12:12 AM
Thank you so much for uploading this! Just to be sure (as i am pretty slow<3), the different ep/sp-files is for the mirrors coming with the different ep/sps?
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th Sep 2013 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sossosia
Thank you so much for uploading this! Just to be sure (as i am pretty slow<3), the different ep/sp-files is for the mirrors coming with the different ep/sps?

Yep, that's correct! But if you own everything you can just download the first file, which contains everything in one package .
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 25th Sep 2013 at 10:01 AM
Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 4:45 AM
I can not count how many times I have tried shifting a mirror and got pissed that EA just didn't think that having the ability to set mirrors up higher would be useful.
THANKS POST
#15 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 7:43 PM
Thanks, those full length mirrors always bothered me as well!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 2:03 PM
YESH!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 15th Oct 2013 at 6:59 PM
Thank you so much. We have needed this for a long time.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 9:07 PM
thank you ^^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 9:45 PM
I love you, I wish EAxis would figure this out. Curtains and mirrors should shift. If it could go on a wall, it should hide and be shiftable. You've eliminated one more of my pet peeves. Bless your gifted mind!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 26th Dec 2013 at 9:46 AM
awesome...was so annoying when a mirror sat right on top of a counter sink or drawer......
Test Subject
#21 Old 28th May 2014 at 11:37 PM
I wish these worked for me I ran delphy's dashboard to see if something was conflicting with it & didn't find anything. I did put them in my overrides folder, but for whatever reason they just don't want to hide/shift.
(on patch 1.67, although I doubt that really has an effect on that )
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by piffy
I wish these worked for me I ran delphy's dashboard to see if something was conflicting with it & didn't find anything. I did put them in my overrides folder, but for whatever reason they just don't want to hide/shift.
(on patch 1.67, although I doubt that really has an effect on that )

Oops, sorry for such a late reply. I have no idea why they aren't working for you, they still work for me and I'm on the latest patch. Can anyone else confirm/deny if they work for them as well?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 6:21 PM
Now I can use some of the larger mirrors without sacrificing the view. Many thanks!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#24 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 10:36 PM
Finally, a mod that tackles the awkward visible mirror issue. Merci!