Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Theme Seasons and Celebrations - posted on 1st Oct 2017 at 1:52 PM
Replies: 110 (Who?), Viewed: 25981 times.
Page 1 of 5
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Oct 2013 at 10:12 PM Last edited by Katie Turner : 2nd Aug 2014 at 4:26 PM. Reason: Updated, revised
Akhenaten and Nefertiti The Heretic King and His Beautiful Queen
In preparation for my sims 3 Ancient Egypt Project which will include, (hopefully) clothing, hair, furniture(Maybe), sims, and a World (hopefully.)
I've deiced to start with Heretic Pharaoh Akhenaten

Akhenaten is greatly know as "The Heretic Pharaoh", due to his decision to abandon the old Religion in favor of the "Aten," the sun disk. And for re-locating to the city of Akhetaten.

He's a bit tricky given his appearance in his statues, which depending on opinion can be seen as a literal view of how he looked or an artistic propaganda-style. So I went with the most "Normal looking" statue of him that I could find.

He probably won't have any CC as I only use store content, which is mostly for wardrobe, and most of his wardrobe is store content...unless I find suitable base game clothes

Right now I only have CAS pics and I see now is chin is a bit too small. (In game pics coming soon)

Feedback Greatly appreciated,

Katie
Update: I edited the chin so I'm adding new CAS pic labeled CAS 2. I also including in game picture. I had to use moviemakercheatsenabled true to bring up the aimations box and used male face CAS average to get a neutral expression, but I didn't realize his head was titled...oops, sorry
Screenshots

My best idea ever: combine my love for Egypt with my love of sims
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 9:57 PM
He's so difficult to get a grip on. His statues are all over the place. Some say the Amarna period was closer to the real thing, but they all look almost cartoonish.

This is probably the same statue at a slight angle.

Egypt - 1350 B.C. Akhenaton (Staatliche Mseen, Berlin) by RasMarley, on Flickr

Some of the Pharaos was more or less African, and in this statue he looks like he was. That may also tie in with the other statues. Perhaps you should go for Aftrican big lips at least, they look a bit small now.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvenom
He's so difficult to get a grip on. His statues are all over the place. Some say the Amarna period was closer to the real thing, but they all look almost cartoonish.

This is probably the same statue at a slight angle.

Egypt - 1350 B.C. Akhenaton (Staatliche Mseen, Berlin) by RasMarley, on Flickr

Some of the Pharaos was more or less African, and in this statue he looks like he was. That may also tie in with the other statues. Perhaps you should go for Aftrican big lips at least, they look a bit small now.

Thanks Volvenom.

Yeah, like I said the statues can be taken as a matter of opinion so i went for the most realistic,

As fo the lips I've maxed out the sliders...so I think now they're too big, but that may be easier to work with for me all I have to do is work down.
I also enlarged the ears they look unnaturally small compared too the other features.

Sorry for the expression on the in game pic, for some reason he doesn't seem to have a natural expression, all he does is laugh, sneeze and play with the phone that comes with University, so i took what i could get.

And yes same statue different angle.
Screenshots

Inventor
#4 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 3:41 AM
Good start! I'd say to narrow the nasal bridge and move the eyes closer together. Eyebrows and eye shape looks pretty close. Upper lip should be less tall up and down. The mouth looks "puckered" and needs to move down so there is more space between nose and lips. Raise the cheekbones, if you can. Decrease the nose tip "mass" and try decreasing the nose definition. From the side, bring the eyes forward, raise the nasal bridge a little, and turn the nose tip down. Also, pull the chin back to be more flat from the side. Looking forward to an update!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 7:07 PM
Default Update 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmyRN
Good start! I'd say to narrow the nasal bridge and move the eyes closer together. Eyebrows and eye shape looks pretty close. Upper lip should be less tall up and down. The mouth looks "puckered" and needs to move down so there is more space between nose and lips. Raise the cheekbones, if you can. Decrease the nose tip "mass" and try decreasing the nose definition. From the side, bring the eyes forward, raise the nasal bridge a little, and turn the nose tip down. Also, pull the chin back to be more flat from the side. Looking forward to an update!

Thanks SimmyRN.

Um I did what you asked, but I think I may have messed up; his features are so drastic that one click the wrong way is a disaster.

I also have a few issues now: There is clipping under the eyes, don't know what that's from. And I couldn't find the nose tip mass button only nose tip: scale, depth and rotation.
Also the mouth goes no lower and the cheekbones go no higher. But i did move the cheek bone shape slider all the way too the right.

Let me now what you think,
Screenshots

dodgy builder
#6 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 10:53 AM
I often think these simmies are too short in the lower part of the face. I have a slider to move the below the nose part lower to elongate the head. Do you have that? I hope you get your issues sorted.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 3:11 AM Last edited by Katie Turner : 2nd Nov 2013 at 7:13 PM. Reason: updating
Update three; fixes&wardrobe
OK I've made some changes:

1. Lowered the jaw to elongate the skull and lower the mouth.

2. Adjusted the eye depth to remove the clipping under the eyelid.

3. Raised eye socket height for the hooded eye effect as seen in various statues.

4. Curved the mouth to a more accurate position

5. Moved the cheek bone shape slider for better effect,

6. Fiddled with the nose but still can't find a button to decrease nose "tip" mass

7. Wardrobe added.

Quote:
I often think these simmies are too short in the lower part of the face. I have a slider to move the below the nose part lower to elongate the head. Do you have that? I hope you get your issues sorted.

Yes they are rather short there which annoys me. I don't know what slider you mean, but if it's one that has to be downloaded I don't have it as I use no CC except store content unless it's for CAW as it does not agree with my game or my mother's computer.
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
DELETED POST
Original Poster
20th Oct 2013 at 10:57 PM
Default Wardrobe
This message has been deleted by Katie Turner. Reason: double post
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 2:53 AM
Ok everyone I'm back, I know it's been several months, I sort of gave up on him, due to lack of feedback, but with a few pointers from my family I've found some changes to make to him. Perhaps some new wadrobe, as I'm hoping to dabble in CC making
Also if you view my Nefertiti thread you'll see I have a new refurbished computer just for Sims, and will be putting all on this one from the old one.

so here's to hoping.

Inventor
#9 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 4:52 AM
Glad to see you back working on this! Congratulations on your new "just for Sims" computer!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 9:31 PM
I am at a loss of what to do, his nose tip needs to be small but no matter what I do there is not much of a difference, what should I do?

Inventor
#11 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 4:09 AM
I'm not sure if the nose tip needs to be smaller or the nose above the nostrils wider. You might try that and see what you think. Good luck!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 11th Feb 2014 at 2:25 PM
since now you have a "just for sims' comp are you gonna download any sliders? I think they're gonna be very useful for your 2 sims!

Live your life to d fullest! B happy!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 2:51 PM
Well Nefertiti is basically done. all that's need is prep for upload; pics, description .etc. and hopefully she'll be approved. Although I want to see how she looks as an adult first.

As for Akhenaten I am seriously considering it, especially where his nose is concerned, but just like before I only download from MTS, unless it has a mediafire link

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 3:57 AM
Default Upadate finally
Ok I have seriously had it with his nose!

ok ... ranting done, heh, heh

Changes made, mouth adjustments: decreased upper nd lower lip width, and I think upper lip either thickness or shape. I always confuse the two.

As for the nose I fiddle with the nostrils, bridge, nose definition and/or nose mass. (I confuse those two as well)

I've circled his nose where the problem is, maybe somebody has an idea how to make it look better.

Maybe a new nose preset? rework just that from scratch?

What's next: at the moment I nose see some things to fix, mouth corner curves and possible over all mouth curve.
Screenshots

Inventor
#15 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 12:13 AM
Good work! Chin longer and squarer. Upper lip thicker up and down and, maybe, a little wider. Max the nasolabial crease, if not already. Actually, I don't think the tip of the nose looks that bad. The nasal bridge and upper nose should both be wider. Looking forward to an update!
just a girl
#16 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 9:59 PM
Again, I'd work more on the profile. And the chin - he has way more long chin. Sims 3 has ability to do so.

I think, I found the right picture.. Here's one more: http://www.ancient-egypt.co.uk/cair...s/akhenaten.jpg

And, you could raise the tip of the nose, the nostrils to be seen more. Don't know the actual name of a slider in english, sorry.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 10:46 PM Last edited by Katie Turner : 26th Feb 2014 at 4:05 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamare
Again, I'd work more on the profile. And the chin - he has way more long chin. Sims 3 has ability to do so.

I think, I found the right picture.. Here's one more: http://www.ancient-egypt.co.uk/cair...s/akhenaten.jpg

And, you could raise the tip of the nose, the nostrils to be seen more. Don't know the actual name of a slider in english, sorry.

I'm sorry I'm confused, again. Why did you include that pic? sorry it throws me off do you want it to look more like that? Because gain just like with Nefertiti, I think those statues were simply an art style. Which is why I went for the more....."Natural" one. But I'll look into the nostril rotate, thing

just a girl
#18 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Turner
I'm sorry I'm confused, again. Why did you include that pic? sorry it throws me off do you want it to look more like that? Because gain just like with Nefertiti, not using those statues. Personally I think those statues were simply an art style. Which is why I went for the more....."Natural" one. But I'll look into the nostril rotate, thing

Oops, wrong statue again? Sorry! I missed this point when searching for a photo of his profile. Shame on me.
dodgy builder
#19 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 1:20 PM
These Sims threads isn't something I usually comment on, but perhaps I can help out here. I can't find any good profile pictures of him, but it wouldn't surprise me if he had that bump on his nose and the nostrils being very close to his bones like you see in the cartoonish thing Lamare posted. Just try'n reduce the elongated qualities a bit, but you have a rather short face to use, so I would just use my best judgement on this. Sorry about the strange words, the head has so many words I don't have in my vocabulary, English being a second language.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 4:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamare
Oops, wrong statue again? Sorry! I missed this point when searching for a photo of his profile. Shame on me.

it's ok, they don't make it easy they're all over the place, not many decent ones to work with,

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 7:48 PM
Update, now aged to adult
Quote:
These Sims threads isn't something I usually comment on, but perhaps I can help out here. I can't find any good profile pictures of him, but it wouldn't surprise me if he had that bump on his nose and the nostrils being very close to his bones like you see in the cartoonish thing Lamare posted. Just try'n reduce the elongated qualities a bit, but you have a rather short face to use, so I would just use my best judgement on this. Sorry about the strange words, the head has so many words I don't have in my vocabulary, English being a second language.

You're probably right about the nose, I'll work on that. At the risk of sounding like an idiot but what did you mean by
Quote:
Just try'n reduce the elongated qualities a bit

On that note, I have now aged him into an adult, sorry for the horrible in-game pictures, Katie is tired now, going to take nap now. Enjoy update. (wonders why am talking to self in third person)
Screenshots

dodgy builder
#22 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 7:56 PM
Elongated, I suspect they have just dragged his head on top and bottom to make all features appear longer, if you just squash his head in the same direction perhaps you end up with something useful. This just sounds rediculous, but perhaps you understand me lol.
Scholar
#23 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 2:55 AM
I'm not sure if you'd ever come across these. (And I hope it isn't appropriate to put such a post here.)

This woman makes some incredible stuff. I recently downloaded her outdoor Christmas set...soooo beautiful.

Accessories for a Pharoah
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 4:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsyokawe
I'm not sure if you'd ever come across these. (And I hope it isn't appropriate to put such a post here.)

This woman makes some incredible stuff. I recently downloaded her outdoor Christmas set...soooo beautiful.

Accessories for a Pharoah

Yes I came across them, they are lovely. but I'm really not comfortable with downloading from TSR. Besides eventually I plan to make my own CC Egyptian outfits, as soon as I download blender and all other required programs.

just a girl
#25 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 12:05 PM
I noticed that the reference-Akhenaten has more space between eyes and brows. And yet he had a longer chin. If you look closely, his face a little more narrow and elongated chin that protrudes from the jaw down. Ok, I better draw than talk.
(Apologies for the quality, but I hope that in general I made ​​clear what I mean.)
Screenshots
Page 1 of 5